Park

The Writing On My Hand

Jae’s POV

Let me go over what would happen for each choice.

Telling her I liked Taemin would most definitely make us hate each other over trying to get him, fairly or not.

If I told her she has no chance she’d go so emo, possibly start crying because I never say things like.

If I prioritize her feelings, then she won’t be sad at all… oh sure, I’d be incredibly disappointed and punch a hole in the wall…

If I beat her senseless, she might get sent to the hospital and I’ll be sued.

Because I’m such a princess when it comes to this type of thing…

“I think you should go for it.” I began, hating myself. Faia glanced up once. “Everyone has chance. Just because he’s famous doesn’t mean you can’t be close to him.”

“I guess.” Faia replied slowly.

“Oh come on, you’re nice and pretty. Who wouldn’t want to date you?” True. In fact, I think she looked a bit like Taeyeon. I was watching the ‘Into the New World’ MV and I freaked out because Taeyeon looked like her.  Yoona also looks like her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=0k2Zzkw_-0I&feature=channel_video_title

She’s pretty.

Anyway, I still hate myself for this.

“Wow… thanks Jae.” She smiled genuinely at me and I felt a tinge of regret lift off of me. Faia would be happy.

“I’ll support you guys.” I offered. Suddenly I’m thinking about the times when I was telling Faia I’d never date anyone, because who would want to date the ‘Weirdo.’

I believed that I wouldn’t ever date, but I never cared before.

Before.

I think I kind of do now… but I’m not gonna let that hurt me.

Because I’m Jae.

And Jae is strong, no matter what.

“Thanks so much Jae!” Faia was grinning so happily I couldn’t help but feel a bit better at my choice.

“No problem.”

“Oh, who do you like?”

“No one… I was just joking before.”

***

Is it possible to hate myself this much? I didn’t know.

Faia left early because she was busy, it was Sunday morning, and I was at the gym, pounding the sand bag until it broke. Well it didn’t break… I didn’t want to pay for it or anything. The sound of my foot slapping at the bag would have echoed if it weren’t for the carpet and pads all around.

After I beat the bag up, I rolled my pants back down, brushed my sweaty hair back with my hand and left. I’ll do a proper workout later.

As I walked down the streets back to my house, I began whistling.

Oh, I might not have told you this, but I have braces.

I also have fake teeth.

No, my real teeth aren’t falling out. I was just born missing two teeth… and the two fake teeth just surrounded my top front teeth. (true for meee )

And get this.

I can whistle with it.

All of my old friends couldn’t whistle when they had their braces, but I whistle differently and can do it with braces and all. When I turn eighteen I have to get teeth implants… REAL fake teeth.

Who wants to kiss someone with fake teeth?

I know none who would want to.

Anyway, I whistled to Genie and walked down to a nearby park.

I haven’t hung upside down in ages. When I got closer, I began jogging. No one was there. Too cold, I guess. Tomorrow is Onew’s birthday, too.

Maybe I can just pick up something for him, and Minho since his birthday was before. I dunno… birthday gift…

Just buy Onew a potful of chicken, and give Minho… dance gloves? Sure.

There’s the monkey bars. I grabbed onto a bar and swung my legs up.

I hung upside-down like a bro. I began to swing back and forth a little, then dropped to the ground and went onto the swings.

I wanted to jump off them. So I sat on the swing, kicking off and moved my legs back and forth to gain altitude.

The wind rushed by and I remembered the rollercoaster. I shook it out of my head as I watched the clouds in the sky grow bigger and then smaller.

I realized I’d finally gotten high enough, and looked down.

I froze. It was a liiiittle high. The highest… A ninety degree angle with the swing set.

I’d land on grass… grass is soft, right? IT looked soft enough. Gotta jump. Gotta have no fear. I took a deep breath as I swung back and as I curved back up, I let go and I was airborne.

Oh yeah.

“Jae?” I turned in midair to see who it was. Not very smart, because I didn’t land on my feet. Since I turned a bit, I kind of instinctively turned to do a side fall, but the sides of my knees hit the ground first, and I muttered a string of curses as the rest of my body followed.

Lovely.

“Jae!!” Dat Taemin? I staggered and got up, leaning over, hands on my bruised knees. Oh, it just got lovelier. The entire SHINee gang was here. Taemin was a few feet away.

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked, wiping the spit from my mouth.

How y… I swear… (cough)

Yes, how y I must be, doubled over, coughing and sweating like a pig.

“We always come here in the morning.” Key answered as the rest of SHINee hurried over. I flashbacked to the last few episodes of YunHaNam and remembered. With the crazy noona ransacking their room while SHINee was out jogging and playing around at a park in the morning. Their Jisun-noona… an unnie.

“Oh…”

“Are you OK?” Taemin asked, hand on my shoulder.

“I only flew into the air is all.” I replied, standing straight and thumbs-upping.

“…really?” Taemin looked at me.

“I’m just a bit bruised.” I told him. They looked at me uncertainly. I must have gone really high, then.

“Ok…” Minho looked me up and down, checking for any obvious injuries. Really, my knees are just turning blue now, but I have pants on.

“Happy early birthday, Onew.” I added, and then he looked at me. “oppa.”

“Wow, you’re the first to remember… Thanks, Jae.” He looked appreciative.

“Sometimes we forget you’re there.” Jonghyun explained, patting Onew’s shoulder. I laughed.

…what happens now?