Dun-Dun-Dunn?

The Writing On My Hand

sunni123: update be here

michiru: :O You share Onew's birfday.

babyangelmaria430: Awesome speech. I BELIEVE THE SAME THING. (insert war cry here)

zsarmayco03:  Let us all pity Taeminnie :'(

missyalique: These girls overreact a lot. :/

 

Jae’s POV

My parents were amazed at the difference. I had been too.

“Oh wait! Jae, why don’t you get highlights?” Mom suddenly suggested. Mrs. HairPerson clapped her hands together.

“She’d look so cool!” She agreed. Dad reluctantly OK-ed it and suddenly I was back on the chair, getting gold, brown and caramel streaks in my hair. I was reminded of Key when he had his hair with rainbow streaks…

***

After much fussing, special conditioner and shampoo for colored hair and some instructions on colored-hair care, I was finally tucked in my bed, falling asleep.

***

“Omo! You’re hair is so cool!” Taemin complimented me as I entered the school.

“Thanks.” I twisted the dial to my locker.

“Good. Copy me more.” I turned to Key. I could see he approved it. “After all, everything I do is always right.” He smiled.

“Hah. Of course.” Jonghyun laughed. “Honey.”

“Please don’t get lovey-dovey now, guys.” Onew came on over, arms full of books. “Nice hair.” He commented.  I chuckled, opening my locker and taking out some of my own books. Then he focused more. “What happened to your face?” Oh yea, scratched.

“I tripped.” I shrugged. “It’s OK. The floor apologized for scratching me.” I heard Minho’s laugh above everyone else’s.

“Oh dear, everyone step back for the giant to come in.”  I , and everyone laughed again.

“Hair?” He nodded his head in my direction, his hands full like Onew’s.

“I felt like it.” I replied, shutting my locker and locking it.

“I see.”

“Of course you do. IF not, you’d be blind.” I retorted, hefting my books up. He chuckled. “Let’s go to class, guys.” I walked to the classroom, already expecting the gossip about Minho and me to be flying.

People were also surprised over my hair, but whatever. I slightly listened as I pushed my books into my desk.

“She’s probably going to beat him up like she did Kangdae!” Someone said.

“I don’t think she could! Minho’s strong!”

“Don’t forget hot!”

I sighed, brushing my bangs away from my forehead and whipping out the Gelly Rolls, ready to scribble.

Since my favorite SHINee member is (still and always) Taemin, I wrote his name on one palm, in my desk. That way no one can see. Yea, I’m so smart!

Anyway, I wrote all of their names again on the other palm, decorating it like usual, when I knocked the Gelly Rolls plastic case over. Taemin picked it up, about to give it back when he looked at it. I had these… threats written on the front and back.

IF YOU STEAL THESE, I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND IT WILL NOT BE PLEASANT.

NOT PLEASANT AT ALL…

FOR YOU.

The back had

IF YOU DON’T RETURN THESE, I WILL PERSONALLY STALK YOU, MURDER YOU IN YOUR SLEEP AND FEED YOUR REMAINS TO THE MONSTER IN MY BASEMENT.

Then I had my address and phone numbers on it in case I ever lost it.

“Uhhh…” Taemin looked at me, his eyes asking for answers.

“Oh, these pens are just special. My friend got them for me.” I mentally slapped myself. What would he think of me after reading that? “And no, I don’t really have a monster in my basement.” He laughed.

“That’s pretty funny. I don’t think anyone could steal these after reading this.” He looked at the writing and burst into more laughter. Jonghyun wanted to see it, so Taemin asked if he could pass it around. I nodded my consent, and Jonghyun laughed even harder than Taemin. I giggled myself, and went back to doodling on my hand.

It’s really nice… friends.

When I got the box back, everyone still snorted or laughed. The film crew got that. I put the pens away and prepared to write down notes. When the teacher was away for five more minutes, I went to thinking about being Minho’s… ‘girlfriend…’

Are they going to ask to… PROVE it or something? I shuddered at the thought, clenching my fists. Minho, your intentions were fabulous and all, but I fear you’ve sort of dropped me down a hole filled with trouble.

***

I stared at the dumplings on my plate, eating ever-so-slowly, anticipating SOMETHING to happen. Minho has to be next to me now.

“Jae, want a cookie?” Taemin waved one of his snickerdoodles in front of my face.

“Oh.” I looked at it, taking it in my hand. “Thanks, Taeminnie-oppa.” I smiled at him and set the cookie on the side of my plate, decided to actually eat my dumplings.

They were tasty dumplings.

Anyway, I chomped on the cookie, completely ladylike and Hana laughed at me.

“Drink your chocolate milk.” She told me, shoving the bottle under my nose. I chuckled, taking it and downing a big gulp and washing down the cookie and glancing at Minho. I like Minho… as a fan, as a friend… Not girlfriend way.

Feign a break-up? I dunno. I got up and put my tray away. When I sat down, I heard her unmistakable voice for the seven-hundred-million-seventy-two-thousand-sixty-fifth time.