...

The Writing On My Hand

Jae’s POV

“Come on, Jae, you have to get up. You were sleeping in the hospital and during the car ride. We’re home now.” I heard my dad’s exasperated voice, and I slowly opened my eyes. There was music playing.

I had been dreaming? I sat up, and something fell from my ears. An earbud. I looked at Dad. He rolled his eyes.

“You feel asleep in the hospital. I brought you to the car and put the earphones in your ears.” He explained.

“…why?”

“Because you look so darn cute with earphones.” He replied, crossing his arms. I picked up one of the fallen earbuds and held it to my ear, and a familiar song played. “Oh, that’s a really good song. If Today Was Your Last Day.” I blinked. That’s what played in my dream.

My nightmare. I breathed the biggest sigh of relief I could have ever breathed, and then stretched. They were alive, and fine. Not dead.

Thank god.

“Now, young lady, tell me why you skipped class?”

“Uhh… I didn’t want to be hounded by reporters?”

“…Reasonable enough. Why did you make a mess in the hospital?”

“I just spilled some soup.”

“…Good. Get in the house. Your Mom would like a loooong talk with you.” He waved his hand, got out and went into the house.

I love Dad.