Revenge

The Writing On My Hand

Jae’s POV

“Anyway, why were you flinging yourself off a swing?” Minho asked.

“I haven’t done it in years… I felt like it”

“…OK, then.”

“Uh-huh.” I glanced at Taemin and the memory of Faia stabbed at me. It made me kind of upset at Faia, but I shook it away. No way am I going to get at her over a guy. He’s just my friend.

Anyway, I haven’t noticed anything about me that would be appealing enough to a guy… I’m just too different.

“We’re playing badminton. Want to join?” Onew offered me a badminton net. Sure.

“Sure.” I took the net. I was pretty good at this game.            

“You’re on our team.” Jonghyun told me, gesturing to Onew.

“Ok.” I walked over and Jonghyun served. The birdie flew up and went down, headed at Key. He slapped at the birdie with his net and it went towards me. I hit it and it landed near Minho’s feet.

I looked at Taemin for a split-second regularly.

I brought this on myself. So don’t get mad, I thought.

Omo…I JUST remembered… I’m supposed to be mad at SHINee because of their revenge against Yunhee.

“…So… how’s that revenge coming along.” The annoyance slowly seeping back to me.

“Rather well.” Minho replied. Because I brought that up, the air became tense.

“Still haven’t figured out what ‘two wrongs don’t equal a right’ means?” I bent my knees and hit the birdie.

“She deserves it.” Minho answered flatly.

“You’re going to regret this.” I warned. He would. He wouldn’t expect why he would, but he would.

“I don’t think I will. She did horrible things to you.” He retorted.

“You think I can’t take what she does?”

“No.”

“I’m tougher than you think.” It might be nice to turn out stronger than Minho. Probably was… so far… haven’t met anyone stronger than me. :/

“Really now?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Sure.”

“Oh look, we win.” I announced, and we all came together. I handed the racket back and looked at Taemin, but for a different reason. “At least someone has an ounce of goodness in their hearts.” I clapped a hand onto his shoulder. Friends. He turned his head to look at me and smiled, a little weakly since his band members disapproved of his disapproval of the revenge. “I’ll see you guys later.”

“Bye.”

“Goodbye.”

“See you tomorrow.”

(insert two more greetings here)

I strode back to my house, feeling thoroughly pissed off again. Revenge this, revenge that… he’s going to regret it so bad. I was a third down the road to my house when someone put a hand on my shoulder. I turned around slowly, locking eyes with whom I name Chicken Bro.

“By the way, we don’t think the revenge is right, either.” Chicken Bronew told me sincerely. “It’s just that there’s no stopping Minho or Jonghyun when they start.” I peered around Chicken Bronew, gazing at whom I name Shopaholikey.

“We’d thought it was right before… but…” Shopaholikey began, then sighed.

“Well, tell them that they will regret it. Trust me.” I told them. Truthfully I was happier now. They understood a little at least. I didn’t expect Shopaholikey to think that.

“Jae, why will he regret it?” Chicken Bronew asked. I think my aura darkened.

“He’ll see.” I replied. “Thanks for realizing. Ch- Onew, Sh- Key.” I almost called them Chicken Bronew and Shopaholikey… that would have been comical. “Bye.” I said again, turning and feeling a bit relieved now that they also thought that revenge isn’t really good. Key looked kind of bashful doing something ‘good.’

“See you tomorrow.” They both said, walking back.

When I got home, I phoned Faia, and asked her a hypothetical question. “Say, Faia, if someone hurt your friend, would you try to get revenge?” There was a pause as Faia considered that question.

“Yes.” Her too?

“Why?” I wanted to know.

“The person did something bad, and they’ve got to learn. Revenge would be sweet, anyway.” Faia said carelessly. She sounded like it wasn’t a big deal. Maybe I could convince her about the whole two wrongs don’t equal a right? “What would you do?” Faia asked.

“I wouldn’t get revenge.” I began.

“…why??” Faia sounded surprised.

“Two wrongs don’t make a right.” The truth.

“I guess.” Cheeeer! She understands! “But they deserve something bad to happen to them.” I sulked.

“I got to go. See you tomorrow.”

“Bye.” I hung up and flopped on the bed. Does no one else have the heart to think this seriously? I shoved my face into my pillow, then turned and stared up at the SHINee poster on the ceiling.

Good thing Taemin didn’t notice it yesterday…

Taemin…

Gotta give you up now…

I blinked as I randomly remembered a piece from a Lucifer remix.

I’m a hardcore fan, guys.

"This song is the Lucifer,

Never gonna give you up

Weare the SHINee, SHINee, SHINee, SHINee,

Never gonna let you down."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMYBjDdP9Js (start at 4:10 for those lyrics)

Well, I’m still giving him up. For Faia. Even if she thinks revenge is good. >u<

To be honest, so I can say thoughts into this pillow and nowhere else, I don’t think Faia is for Taemin, but I’ve never been in love so I can’t really judge them now, can I? I got up to breathe. Suffocating in a pillow didn’t seem to be good…

***

Yunhee’s POV

“Yunhee! What was going through your mind to cheat on this?” The principal’s face was cherry red; he looked angry.

“It wasn’t me!” I protested, knowing it was futile.

“First you hurt a classmate and now this!” He held up the answer sheets. I had no idea how they got in my folder. I had no memory of it, whatsoever. Hana just saw a peek of them and blabbed to the world. I looked down, biting her lip. “You were an Honor student!” Surprisingly, I was. Straight As and all. During lunch, after we cut Jae’s hair, I decided to give up the whole hurting Jae out of jealousy. Shocking, I know.

Was this Jae getting back at me? I clenched her fists. I wouldn’t blame her.

My mother finally blew, because she could get everything bad I did out of me. My mother finally made me realize what a twit I’d been and all.

I deserve this, I thought and my lip trembled.

It was pretty horrifying to realize how terrible my ‘fun’ had been. Sudden changes happen over such a short weekend.

“Do you have anything to say, Yunhee?” The principal, Mr. Chung went on. I didn’t. I couldn’t. “I’m calling your parents.” Mr. Chung sounded disgusted. Suddenly the door to the office opened. I glanced up, wondering who it was to delay the inevitable. “I’m busy, Jae.” I heard Mr. Chung say to whoever was behind the door. I started. What was Jae doing? To tell a long story of how she saw me get the answers?

“Mr. Chung, it’s to do with Yunhee.” Jae’s voice said.

“Ok then.” Mr. Chung rubbed his temples and Jae walked in, making no eyes contact with me. Her expression was totally blank.

“I put the answer sheets in Yunhee’s folder during lunch. It wasn’t her.” Jae began. My eyes began to pop. She’s confessing what she did?

Jae seemed so nonchalant… it didn’t seem like a thing she’d do, though. She’s the only one who would have done it, though… if she didn’t, who did? Mr. Chung was taken off guard.

“E-excuse me, Mrs. Song?” He sputtered, using her last name. I was surprised, but suspicious.

“I put the answer sheets in her folder. Not her. It was my fault. We had a fight and I got mad.” Mr. Chung did not expect this from the pupil who skipped two grades.

“I-I see… You will have to be punished…” He didn’t know how to react. “Yunhee, you may leave and take the test. Take this note to have the extra fifteen minutes you lost.” Dumbfounded, I got up and plundered awkwardly away, confused and nonplussed.

Oh my god…

I stood by the door.

“I’m highly disappointed in you, Jae.” The principal began. I peeked into the window. Jae still had no expression.

“I apologize. It was stupid of me.” Jae went on.

“You are a good student. I did not expect this. Jae, rules are rules. For a test this important, I’m sorry, but we’ll have to suspend you.”