Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right

The Writing On My Hand

Jae’s POV

Except this time, she was standing behind me.

“Jae! Why did you hurt me last night?!” Yunhee sounded near tears.

“Who hurt what?” I mumbled, wiping my mouth with my napkin.

“I thought we were friends…” She trailed off. Her NEW plan.

“When were we friends?” I asked, the slightest touch of sarcasm in my voice. Anyone could recall what happened yesterday during lunch. She called me a , a moron, brainwasher and weirdo or so.

“I was so sorry about that fight during lunch yesterday, too… You didn’t have to get so mad about it and hit me!” A tear rolled down her cheek. Still trying to turn SHINee against me.

“I’m sorry. I don’t know what you’re talking about. I wasn’t with you… I was getting a HAIRCUT.” I emphasized. She knew very well which haircut I was talking about.

“You slapped me!” Yunhee burst out, several more tears falling from her eyes. At least my six friends didn’t believe her. SHINee could very well tell from yesterday at lunch, her screaming her head off at me. They also knew me well enough that I don’t hit people for no reason because I have a low temper. I explained that earlier.

“When?” I leaned on my arm.

“Yesterday! After school… you stayed after and slapped me while I was on cleaning duty! Then you ran away!” Yunhee lied on, and would have been convincing if not for yesterday at lunch. Minho suddenly drew me into his arms again.

“Please stop lying about my girlfriend.” He spoke, using his powerful deep voice. I swear it just caused a 9.8 earthquake in the lunchroom.

“I’m not lying. She really hurt me.” Yunhee dropped onto the ground, on her knees, sobbing. When did she learn to cry so easily?

“She couldn’t have. She was with me the entire time.” Minho also lied, but hey, I’m grateful for it. I pushed the slightest fraction of an inch away from Minho so I could breathe. Under the table I poked Hana’s arm. We poke each other all the time. IT gives me something to do while Minho suffocates me.

“That’s impossible… she slapped me and left me in the hallway, all alone…” By now the cafeteria was silent (again).

“Yunhee, we know you’re jealous and everything, but you might want to make an effort to not look desperate.” Hana suddenly announced. I looked at her. Now Yunhee is going to throw a tantrum or something. She winked at me, knowing Yunhee would scream and bawl.

Yunhee’s lips trembled, and I caught her gaze. Keeping her stare, I began to very slowly roll my sleeve upwards, ready to put all the beautiful bruises on display. She shook her head rapidly. She knew what my face was saying. It was a glare telling her to ‘get-the--away-before-I-completely-ruin-your life.’

Of course, I’m not that mean, but I can look extremely menacing when I want to.

SHINee looked at me, wondering why in the world rolling my sleeve up would make Yunhee shut up. Yunhee regarded me hopelessly, probably angry.

“Stop messing with her.” I was surprised by Taemin’s bold actions. He … glared (!!) at Yunhee, slightly. “Stop messing with Jae.” He repeated. Wordlessly Yunhee stepped back, sinking back into her seat. I managed a smile at Taemin. He returned it without hesitating.

“Jae.” I looked up at Minho, who had let go of me. “What’s with your arm?” He inquired, referring to how rolling my sleeve up made Yunhee shut up. Obviously she hadn’t thought that the injuries she inflicted herself on me could be used against her. Anyway the lunchroom’s chatting volume rose again, and everyone ignored us once more.

“Nothing. It’s just something that happened a long time ago.” I lied, protectively holding my arm. Thankfully, I’m rather good at lying, but he still looked at me suspiciously. Everyone did. I raised my eyebrows at them. “I’m tired. Let me sleep for the rest of the period.” I dropped my head on the table, when I heard footsteps behind me.

Déjà vu… I thought, when suddenly someone grabbed my arm. MY head shot up and I reflexively went to yank my arm back. His strength was a lot, though.

Minho??

Key??

Minho’s hand on my wrist and Key’s hand pushing my sleeve up, revealing the gorgeous painting of blue, purple, black and red bruises. I squeezed my eyes shut as the entire table gasped.

“Jae! How did this happen?” Taemin looked aghast when I opened my eyes.

“Stuff happened.” I replied, slowly. Jonghyun stared, open-mouthed with Onew. Onew’ chicken drumstick fell onto his plate.

For surely, if I told them, they would plan some kind of revenge or so.

I hate it when people think revenge is the best thing in the world.

It’s not.

“Jae.” Minho tightened his grip. I twisted my arm and wrenched it out of his grasp. Key checked my other arm, also covered in bruises.

I matched his gaze with an equally intimidating stare, folding my arms defiantly after rolling my sleeves back down. “Yes?”

“How did this happen?” He repeated what Taemin said.

“If I tell you, you better not do anything, because I swear I’ll hate you forever.” I warned. He nodded. I looked around. Everyone nodded.

“Fine.” I gave up. “Yunhee’s just jealous of me.” I didn’t want to explain any further.

“Seriously.” Hana looked at me. “Yunhee isn’t capable of hurting anyone. She’s a weakling.”

“She just brought some seniors with her.” I wouldn’t say anything else.

“And you’re not mad?!” Minho looked at me like I was crazy.

“Actually, no, I’m not. I can deal with it.” I retorted.

“You’re not going to do anything back to her?” Jonghyun asked, rising slowly from his seat.

“Haven’t you ever heard that two wrongs don’t make a right?” I snapped.

“She deserves it!” Minho added.

“Ugh, this is pretty much why I didn’t want to tell you. I knew you were just going to get fired up and take revenge. That way only more people get hurt!” I yelled. Everyone in the cafeteria turned to look at me. “Forget it.” I stood up, walking away from them.

Why don’t they understand that two wrongs don’t make a right? The only reason I fight is in self-defense, just so they won’t hurt me bad.

I stormed to the girls’ bathroom and splashed some cold water on my face. They’re really ticking me off. I swear, if they do take in revenge… they aren’t going to be happy.

Taemin’s POV

I thought revenge would be good, but the way Jae told us it wasn’t pretty much convinced me. I could tell though, that everyone else didn’t agree.

They want revenge.

I was pretty angry that they hurt Jae… she’s my friend!

But the way Jae put it… it’s true… two wrongs don’t make a right… isn’t there some way to stop Yunhee without particularly hurting her? I stayed quiet amongst my hyungs and Hana as they immediately began to plan some type of revenge.