Weirdo

The Writing On My Hand

Jae's POV

 

Am I just so lucky it’s not even funny?

Being with SHINee every minute of every school day?

DO YOU KNOW HOW FABULOUSLY HAPPY I AM??

DO YOU?

Probably, so I’m going to stop asking you. IT’s not like you’ll answer anyway. :/

My friend Hana hated k-pop… not sure why, but maybe she’ll get used to it. Maybe she’ll see that SHINee isn’t so bad.

I still have to act like I don’t care though… I hope they haven’t gotten the idea that I’m a crazy fangirl (Which am I), out to obsess over them (which I wish I could do),  and want to secretly take pictures of them (I REALLY WANT TO. D: ).

“So… Jae… why are you always writing on your hand?” Taemin suddenly asked. Oh man. Oh man. OH MAN… WHAT DO I SAY?

“Boredom.” I replied, taking a big mouthful of bibimbap to delay anymore words I would say.

“What do you write?” Onew butted in, but not unkindly. I came up with an excuse.

“I write ideas for my stories, but it already rubbed off.” I answered. I DID write a lot. Hana would agree with me. I rubbed my hands together furiously under the table, trying to rid myself of the ink.

Gelly Roll pen ink doesn’t come off easily. I hoped it worked and continued to eat.

“…How come, in class… not to be rude or anything, why do you always sit alone?” Key looked at me. Well, it would be questionable, seeing that in every class there is a circle of empty desks around me. I laughed lightly.

“They’re probably scared of me. More specifically, scared of losing their social life. Hana here doesn’t really care though, and her other friends accept it just fine.” I really didn’t care, though. I sipped some orange juice.

“Why would being with you kill their social life…?” Key gazed at me questioningly. The others joined in, curious.

“Can’t you tell? I’m just the different one.” I gestured to my hair and jeans.

“Just because you’re different?” Minho stared at me in disbelief.

“There’s got to be more than just that.” Jonghyun pointed out. “They can’t just hate on you because you’re different.” Hana continued eating quietly. I hopes she noticed that SHINee was being really nice and not snobby.

“It doesn’t really matter.” I protested. I didn’t want to have to tell them a story.

“Yes it does.” Taemin fired back.

“Why do you guys care so much? You’re idols. Aren’t there more important things to be worried about then the school’s ‘Weirdo?’” I retorted, then shut my mouth. That was mean… I didn’t mean to say that. I pressed my lips together. “Sorry… I didn’t mean to say that.”

“It’s OK.” Minho said in a gentler tone. My god, are they trying to be nice and friendly to me?

“…well, if you want to know, it’s probably because I got the school’s most popular ‘hottie’ expelled and thrown in jail.” I closed my eyes and sighed, remembering the event. I didn’t really regret. He tried to do something horrible and I got him arrested.

“What.” They all said simultaneously, making it sound like a statement rather than a question. I quickly finished the bibimbap and prepared to tell the story.