Yunhee is Desperate

The Writing On My Hand

Jae’s POV

Well, I realized that even if SHINee weren’t idols or famous, I still would want to be their friends. They’re really nice and funny people. Older than me, but I was skipped two grades. I’m a smart person. :3 I’m supposed to be a freshman, at fourteen going on fifteen, but since I am very intelligent (:D) I am a junior. That’s why Hana isn’t in any of my classes… she didn’t skip grades. I went right from ninth grade to eleventh. She’s a ninth grader in her proper years. This is another reason why no one likes me, because I’m also a ‘nerd,’ smarter than the average fourteen-year-old.

(In this just pretend that they have all of their songs out but all are in their junior years. Must fit the plot and whatnot. :3)

Fifteen… tomorrow!

Oh geez I forgot my own birthday. December 12… Tomorrow was Saturday. SHINee transferred in late.

Taemin, all smiles and happy slung an arm around my shoulders.

“Why are you so short? You’re shorter than Jonghyun-hyung!” He asked out of the blue. “Really short for an eleventh-grader. Ah, sorry, I didn’t mean to be rude.”

“Because I’m younger by about two years than you guys? I skipped two grades.” I explained, straightening under Taemin’s weight.

“No way!” He stared at me. Probably never expected this. “Are you that smart?”

“Yes…”

“Well, how tall are you?”

“…162 cm…” My pride wasn’t much. Taemin was somewhere near 175 cm, and Jonghyun 173 cm.

By the way, I totally do not have that information burned into my brain. Jonghyun cheered.

“You’re really smart, Jae.” Minho commented, stretching way too tall. He leaned an arm on my shoulder. Gawd, how tall? “184 cm, by the way.” He answered my thoughts. O.O

Oh my god…

Omo…

Onew and Key laughed. Minho was heavy. I began to sag a bit under Taemin and Minho’s weight, but straightened up again and continued walking. Almost to class.

OH MY GOD. I JUST REALIZEDDDD. I NEVER WISHED MINHO A LATE HAPPY BIRFFLEDAY! Today was the eleventh, his was on the ninth… the day before they transferred.

“OMO MINHO! I’M A HORRIBLE PERSON! I’M SO SORRYYYYYY!” How to overreact: by Song Jae. I was suddenly kneeling on the floor and bowing to Minho.

This must be hilarious.

“What, who what why? What?!” All of SHINee jumped back.

I stood up, jumped to Minho’s height and grabbed his shoulders.

“HAPPY LATE BIRFDAY!” I yelled, then dropped from the air, regained composure and walked on as if nothing happened. I looked over my shoulder at the SHINee group, who stared at me in confusion.

“Sorry… that’s just me.” I laughed, and they start to, as well. “You guys should have seen your faces.”

“That’s true.”

“Come on, we got to get to class.” Onew pushed us along.

***

“Um, the chicken soup please.” I picked the rich-looking brown soup, and the lunch lady nodded, ladling it out into a disposable bowl. I smiled and thanked her, grabbed a water bottle and paid for my food at the cashier. SHINee was buying their food, along with Hana. I sat down at the table. SHINee was about to sit down when suddenly I heard Yunhee’s prominent voice above the lunch chatter.

“Neh, Taeminnie-oppa, you can sit with us! Key-oppa, Minho-oppa, Onew-oppa and Jonghyun-oppa, too!” She called out, putting on a cute voice.

“Mianhe, there’s not enough room for us there.” Minho declined, sitting down next to me. Hana just came over and sat on the other side of me. I glanced at Yunhee. She looked mad, crossing her arms.

“Why are you sitting with the ‘Weirdo?’” Yunhee tried again. “She’s a horrible person.” I continued to eat like normal, pretending to ignore her but listening to see how SHINee would react. “She beat up my boyfriend because she was jealous.” Ah, a new twisted-version of the story. The entire lunchroom went silent by the way.

“She’s our friend.” Taemin spoke up. I smiled into the spoon of soup I had, spilling two drops back into the bowl. Omo, SHINee’s standing up now.

“Why? She’s a bully.” Yunhee tried to sound… desperate? “She’s such a moron.”

“Jae’s our friend.” Taemin repeated. SHINee and even Hana nodded. I tilted my bowl and drank the last of the soup. That was some awesome soup. Too bad I had to eat it so quickly.

“She has no right to be your friend. She’s even being a coward right now, making you guys talk for her!” Yunhee cried. I sighed, standing up.

“Yunhee, you’re interrupting our lunch.” My words were cool and calm.

“What did you say? I am not!” She was furious, even though she clearly was interrupting our lunch. I gestured to SHINee to sit.

“I’m not going to repeat it.”

“! You don’t deserve SHINee!” Yunhee glared daggers at me.

“Are you done yet?” I folded my arms, sounding and appearing bored, which infuriated her even more.

“You’re a weirdo and a geek! What tricks are you using on SHINee to make them like you?!”

“Yunh-“

“I can’t forgive you for brainwashing them! What did you do?!”

“Listen Yu-“

“!” Yunhee yelled.

“What are you calling my girlfriend?!”