Suspension

The Writing On My Hand

Hana’s POV

“Jae went to the bathroom. Put the sheets in Yunhee’s folder. It’s the light blue one on the really fat textbook.” I whispered to Minho. Jonghyun grinned, taking the handful of sheets and going up instead of Minho.

“Show-off.” Minho shook his head, but watched as Jonghyun, unsuspected, slipped the papers into the folder. When he came back, he was snickering. Me too.

***

I carefully watched Yunhee, to the left of my desk, as she pulled out her folder and opened it. There were the answer sheets.

“Yunhee! Why do you have answer sheets to the test?” I asked really loudly. Every head turned toward a red Yunhee.

“I don’t know! I don’t know where they came from!” Yunhee looked aghast. The teacher, veins throbbing, took a look at the sheets and wordlessly led her to the door and pointed to the principal’s office. Sullenly, she walked down there. Serves her right.

***

Jae’s POV

I didn’t flinch or show any expression. The principal looked at me with beady eyes.

“You are a good student. I did not expect this. Jae, rules are rules. For a test this important, I’m sorry, but we’ll have to suspend you.” He told me finally. Suspension?? I thought the most would be just weeks of detention! At least I saved Yunhee from it. Emotionlessly I nodded.

“Where did you even get these answers?” Truthfully, I didn’t know HOW they got them. I stole it from teacher’s desk? Sure, put me in worse trouble. I can’t not answer.

Anyway, the reason I can’t ‘tattle’ on part of SHINee is because I have no hard-proof. So, boo-hoo.

“Did you just take it from the files and photocopy it?” Sure, let’s go with that. I nodded. Mr. Chung sighed tiredly. “I’m calling your parents.” Nod-nod and sit down.

I never got to give Onew and Minho their birthday presents…

Oh well.

Even if I didn’t want to give Minho anything. Not going to start another war.

So yeah, there’s a big container filled with fried chicken in my locker, with an armband that said, ‘Chicken RULEZ.’ I got Minho (And didn’t want to give him) some sneakers, because his shoe size is also totally not engraved in my head.

:3

I heard Mr. Chung begin to talk. Since my parents pretty much knew I was too good-hearted for these kinds of things, and pretty much know because I told them, they aren’t going to be hard on me at all.

“She will be having in-school suspension.” I heard.

A fate worse than death… no… not really… I could deal.

“For two weeks.” Argh.

The most boring two weeks of school will come very soon. Starting tomorrow.

“Please pick her up now, and explain to her the wrongs of this.” I know the wrongs of it. That’s why I didn’t want Minho, Jonghyun and Hana to do it. “Have her come back tomorrow. She will spend the full six hours of school in an empty classroom, supervised and will do schoolwork. She will have no breaks, unless she needs to use the restroom. That is in-school suspension.”

IT is a fate worse than death… ugh.

I gotta take it like a man.

Hopefully, Minho will regret because I was supposedly the one he was ‘avenging.’

I crossed my arms and sat still. My record had been stained, too.

Lovely. It had been clean since the pre-school.

“Jae, go collect your needed books and assignments from the teachers you have the rest of today. Pack up your bag and come back here to wait for your parents. I hope you self-reflect.” Uh-huh. I hope Minho self-reflects. What do I do with the fried chicken? Leave it there through the night?

Noooo.

When I got to the lockers, it turned out Minho was there, grinning to himself. I silently opened my locker, took out the presents and fried chicken. I dropped the sneakers in Minho’s arms. “Happy late birthday. Oppa. Give this to Onew-oppa.” I then put the chicken and armband in his arms as well.

“…thanks. Why are you here? Why are you packing up?” He asked. Should I not tell him and when he finds out later be guilty? Hrm. Should I just tell him now, and leave?

“What about you?”

“Forgot pencil case…”

“Oh, well, um, one of my relatives is ill.” I told him, and he nodded slowly. “Well, bye!” Now let’s see how he reacts when he somehow finds out later. Any suspension, no matter how secret, spreads like wildfire in this school.

At the principal’s office, my parents were waiting, and then we all drove merrily home.

Tomorrow begins the hell we call in-school suspension.

Oh, you’re probably wondering how I knew when to go to the principal’s office. I listened in on their revenge, and got a hold of it, just not how they got the answer sheet. We’re in the same classes, and I just got up to go the ‘bathroom’ from it, then went to the principal and listened for Yunhee and all.

I’m such a master.

***

Taemin’s POV

Where was Jae? It’s been ten minutes. The class phone rung, and the teacher picked up.

“Your classmate, Jae, has been suspended for hiding answer sheets in a ninth grader’s folder to make the ninth grader appear as if she was cheating.” MY eyes widened. Did she really go in and take the blame?

Omo.

I had this thought about going in and confessing too, so Jae wouldn’t be lonely, but then I locked eyes with Key and he shook his head, mouthing words.

Blows to our reputation. Possibility of losing our jobs.

ARGH. I glanced at Minho and Jonghyun. They both looked the same, mouths open, angry and upset. Jae was right about them regretting it. Sigh… What about Hana?

Film crew got that all too. Jae suspended.

OMO.