Why She's Avoided

The Writing On My Hand

By the way, this has a somewhat-not really rated sentence, not detailed at all, but I need it for the flashback. :P Deal with it.

lololol

 

Jae's POV

 

“Stop it! Please!” I looked down the hallway. Pinned to the ground, sobbing and beaten-up, a girl, not even from our school lay. Kim Kangdae grabbed her wrists, looking menacingly at her. The girl was , Kangdae shirtless. Her clothes were strewn across the floor. The girl was weeping. I didn’t waste a second. I ripped my huge jacket off soundlessly and walked quietly over, hidden from the girl’s view by Kangdae, and Kangdae wasn’t facing me. I grabbed his shoulder, basically yanked him up and flipped him into the wall.

“Hey!” Kangdae yelled. I helped the girl up, draping the oversized jacket on her. IT reached her knees. Quivering, she zipped it up and looked at me.

“Thank you… who are you?” She put a trembling hand on my shoulder. KAngdae was still recovering from the throw.

“Listen, run to the girl’s bathroom. Go down this hallway, go right and look on the left. I’ll meet you there later. Go!” I told her in a hushed whisper, pushed her and turned to face Kangdae. She fled. This is what seven years of weight-lifting and karate was meant for. Kangdae, struggling stood up.

“. How dare you!” He hissed, growling.

“? That’s a low even I haven’t expected from you.” I shook my head.

“You!” Kangdae bared his teeth, charging at me. I pivoted and spun around, grabbing his arm. Shoulder throw. I expected him to be angry. I didn’t expect to see him flip out a switchblade and charge again. Just barely, I parried it and locked his arm up, rolling him into the wall. A long cut oozed blood, from my wrist to my shoulder. Ignoring it, I got ready for the next blow.

Kangdae slashed from the upper right to bottom left. With that, I blocked his hand from curving down to the bottom left, and twisted his hand in a way that forced him down. His entire body flipped over, with so much force his breath was knocked out. I sat on him in a way that made him unable to hit me and locked his arms so he couldn’t move them. He still wielded his knife, but couldn’t use it against.

With the other hand, I pulled out my cell phone and dialed 911. The police rushed in quickly, helping me off him and cuffing Kangdae. The reason that the police didn’t think I was the was the fact that I was just sitting there, disabling Kangdae from any attack. Plus, KAngdae was shirtless and holding his knife.

“Where’s the victim?” A police officer asked. I led her to the girls’ room and found the girl, huddled in the corner and hugging herself. She gasped at my bleeding arm but I pulled her up from the ground. Her knees were knocking, and then she hugged me, crying onto my shoulder, thanking and apologizing to me over and over again.

“Who are you?” She asked, wiping her nose and eyes.

“Just another student. Song Jae.”

“Thank you so much Jae…” She managed a weak smile. “I’m Shin Myunghi.”

Myunghi was never completely , since I saved her in the nick of time. The police officers drove us to the station, where they called our parents over. KAngdae was going to be sent to prison. His parents talked to me.

“I’m sorry our son has done such a terrible thing. IT’s our fault we raised him like that.” When Myunghi’s and my parents arrived, Mr. and Mrs. Kim of Kangdae apologized furiously to them. Myunghi’s parents thanked me over and over again, even more than Myunghi herself. My own parents were enthusiastic and proud.

“Let’s be friends, Jae.” Myunghi grabbed my hand with both of hers.

“Ok.”

Though Myunghi moved to America, we kept a steady conversation over the internet.

That night my parent’s talked to me about how proud they were, and also how worried. My arm was all bandaged up and I got to eat two bowls of ice cream.

I didn’t accept any of their money prizes.

“I shouldn’t be rewarded for doing what’s expected of me.” I cheerfully told my parents.

But the next day at school, all my friends ditched me, except Hana. The story had gotten completely twisted.

‘Jae just came in out of nowhere and hurt Kangdae for kissing his girlfriend!”

“She just beat him up for no reason.”

My friends had never really been friends if they were worried about their reputation. HAna didn’t care.

We had a pet/owner relationship. I’m the pet she buys a cookie for everyday.

The only period I had with her though, was Lunch, so I spend the rest of the day alone. That’s why no one sits near me… poisoned by the lies of a twisted story.