She Kinda Ticks Me Off...

The Writing On My Hand

Taemin's POV

 

I wiped away my frown of unhappiness and replaced it with a smile. I was just sad about going to school. All of us were sad about it. The crowd in front of me cheered. My hyungs were all as fake-enthusiatic as me. I repeated my hellos, how are yous, nice to meet yous and all.

Ugh. They were gonna call me cute. I hate being called cute. Don't get me wrong, I'm a nice guy and all, but I just am forced to act cuter than necessary for the cameras.

Anyway, none of us were happy about school. Mr. Manager had to go "AH BLAH YOU AIN'T GET NO GOOD EDUCATION BLAH GO TO SCHOOOL." Then he told us that so that the public won't miss us, he'll have a film crew follow us in school.

I scanned the crowd, observing the faces. All of them were eager, happy and whatnot. At least we made them happy.

That brought my spirits up a little. Oh hey, there’s someone back there… all alone. A girl.

Does she not care that we arrived here?

WELL…ok then….

The principal came in, cutting a path in the crowd as the film crew filed in the door, cameras filming already. Everyone scattered to their classes when the principal pulled out a megaphone.

He led all of us to one classroom, 160. When we entered, every seat was filled except for exactly five.

It was funny where they were. In the middle of the front row, the girl who didn’t care about us sat there. Then there was this ring of empty desks around her. Do people hate her or something? The whispers grew when we approached the seats. Then the girl looked up, glanced at us and then went to doodling on her hands with some sort of pen. Gelly Rolls, the label said. The hyungs already sat down. I was left to sit on her right.

It was like this.

(initials used)

KK = Kim Kibum (Key)

LW= Lee Jinki (Onew)

KJ = Kim Jonghyun

CM= Choi Minho

LT= Lee Taemin

Desk Desk KK Girl LT Desk Desk

Desk Desk LJ   KJ  CM Desk Desk

I sat down, feeling ticked off a little. How could there possibly be a girl who doesn’t care about us?

Well, Taemin, people have their opinions…

I know, but it just annoys me… but only a little.

It shouldn’t… I don’t want to have a huge ego. I looked at her through the corner of my eye as the teacher introduced us and began the class.

Why is writing on her hand?

She’s gonna get ink poisoning or something. It’s been ten minutes and she’s still writing or drawing on her hand. I averted my attention to the lesson. How does she not get caught in the front row? Apparently every so often, she writes down notes on her paper, but then resumes doodling and scribbling. Then suddenly she started cracking her knuckles.

Really loudly. The teacher paid no attention but every student in the room turned to the girl.

CRACK. CRACK. CRACK. CRACK. CRACK. CRACK. CRACK. CRACK. CRACK. CRACK. She finished cracking the knuckles on her left hand. Two cracks per finger, including the thumb

CRACK. I tried to focus on my paper. CRACK. CRACK.CRACK. My tip broke. I pushed the eraser on my mechanical pencil, summoning more lead to the tip. CRACK. CRACK.

CRACK. CRACK. CRACK. CRACK. IS SHE DONE?

Yes, she’s done. I looked at her again, trying to get a better look.

Well she’s not the average girl you see.

Her hair is bizarre. She has these two locks that go to her midback and the rest of her hair is shoulder-length.

She wore JEANS?! Under her skirt?? JEANS???!!!

Lastly, her hands were covered with graffiti… from pens. The backs of her hands had doodles, but the palms appeared to have writing on them, but I don’t know what they say. I obediently wrote down facts about math and shook my head the slightest fraction of an inch. Weird.

She’s pretty striking, a face to stick out from the rest. Her eyes were large but determined, her nose small and her lips full. Even though her hair was cut strangely, it was glossy and shiny.

She confuses me.

But still, why doesn’t she care about SHINee attending her school? A small clack was heard, and I looked. A black Gelly Roll pen rolled towards my desk. The girl bent down to pick it up, and I glimpsed her palm and stopped, then quickly swiped the pen and set it on her desk. She nodded her thanks to me and began to draw on a piece of paper under her notebook.

She doesn’t really like SHINee, and thus didn’t care if we were here, right?

Why did her hand have our names and hearts on it? SHINee Fighting! On it? I <3 SHINee on it? Maybe I saw it wrong.

I was suddenly curious, to look at her hands and see what they really said.