CHAPTER 44: ENCHANTED NIGHT

Opposites Really Do Attract

 

It is the moment they all been waiting for. It is their prom day, Ji Hyeon woke up around 11 am and go to Ann Di’s house. Ann Di asked her last night if she could help her putting on some make ups and such girly stuff and if they could go to the ball together since they don’t haven dates and. Well, best friends are better than boys. Ji Hyeon placed all their needed things inside her bag pack, she also bid farewell to Mr and Mrs Choi before leaving the house. “I wonder where is MinHo? Oh well.” She thought, then leave.

 

She walked her way to Ann Di’s house since it is only few meters away from their house. After 15 minutes of good walk, she is now already standing in front of Ann Di’s house. Nothing changes since the last time she went here and that is few months ago. She pushed the doorbell, and Ann Di welcomed her.

 

“I’m already done showering, just use my bathroom in my room.” She said while brushing her teeth.  “Sure.” She nodded, grabbed her things and headed to the bathroom. She took a 30 minute bath and headed outside. There she saw Ann Di who is now struggling in curling her hair. “Here, let me help you.” You grabbed the curling iron from her hands and started to curled out her hair.

 

After a long perios of curling, your hair was now dry and her hair was now curled. “Do you want me to help you also?” Ann Di asked. “N-No. I’ll just let it this way. Just help me with my make-up.” You smiled. “Sure, anything for my best friend.” She put her make up first before putting yours; you both have light make up which emphasized your natural beauty.

 

After hours of preparing, both of you are now done and there is only 45 minutes before the prom starts. “Since we will only have 15 minutes of transportation, we have 30 minutes of selca time!” Ann Di squealed as she hold her camera up high. The two of you were keeping on posing like an idiot. After that small photoshoot, you looked youself first at the mirror; you fixed your hair again. You smiled to yourself.

 

They went to the party; the SHINee boys except for MinHo accompanied them. Loud music and students dancing like crazy welcomed them. They went to their tables first before grabbing some food. “Wow, it is so nice.” Ji Hyeon said to her best friend. “Of course! We put all our effort in it!” She laughed and enjoy the rest of the food. After eating, they rest first before they dance in the dance floor. Ann Di grabbed JI Hyeon’s and TaeMin’s hands to the dance floor and started to dance. But before the three of you danced, it suddenly changes into a love song. You leave the two couple alone and headed back to their table when a pair of arms grabbed her.

 

“Let’s dance.” Onew dragged her again in the dance floor. Their body swayed in the slow rhythm of music. After the song, Key replaced Onew then JongHyun then TaeMin before it was replace by a party songs again. The whole event turned out like that, a couple of love songs will be played then a some party songs next. During the night, Ji Hyeon was unconsciously looking for MinHo. Well, she least expect that she will see him. She sighed, no signs of him.

(PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS WHILE READING THIS PART!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KMMK1e86xs)

It is already the last part of the prom, and the student council announced that all students must participate in the last event. Ji Hyeon groaned, her foot was now aching at the non-stop dance you have with your friends plus a 3 inch heels that she used. A slow song was now played, setting up a romantic atmosphere.

 

Slowly, the boys were now picking up their dates. She looked at Ann Di, but a masked guy approached her. She also looked at the others and they are now missing. She sighed. “Can I have this dance?” An unknown figure approach you and you lazily accept it. He offered his hand and you hold in to it. “ I don’y know how to dance.” She jokingly said. “It’s okay, let me guide you.” He dragged her in the middle of the dance floor, he placed her arms over his neck and he hugged her by her waist tightly. First, it is uncomfortable but in the end, she gets used to it. They swing their bodies in the rhythm of the music.

 

As the music plays, she can’t help but to stare at his mesmerizing eyes. She desperately wants to take off his mask and asked who he is, but she couldn’t. Patience is the virtue. She looked at his lips, then back to his eyes again. They were both staring again.

 

When the music was ended, “Please, gentlemen give something to you’re a partner a thing that she wouldn’t forget.”

 

She gulped; the masked man was now leaning and gives her a smile before pecking on her lips giving a sweetest kiss she couldn’t forget.  She didn’t move an inch as she savours the familiar kiss that the man was giving her. “Please, take of your mask.” You took of your mask first, before the guy.

 

“Mi-MinHo?!” You squealed. He smirked. “I told you I would be your date.” You smiled. “You sneaky old man!” She pinched his stomach and he holds her face with both of his hands giving her a sweet kiss again. “Yah! That’s the second time around!” She stomped her foot as he laughed at her like a child.

 

“Looks like we have a new couple here.” The MC pointed at the two of them. “No we’re not!” “Yes we are!” They both said in unison, she eyed at MinHo but he ended up giving her his idiotic smiles.  “Guys, I have something important to announce.” He grabbed something in his pocket and kneeled in front of Ji Hyeon. “Ji Hyeon, would you be my girlfriend?”

 

The whole crowd gasped at the sudden confession. She froze from where she standing, her mind went blank for almost two seconds. She could hear the loud cheering crowd behind them shouting to ‘say YES’. She smirked. “Due to popular demand, I think I would say yes.” MinHo jumped and hugged Ji Hyeon receiving huge cheers from the crowd again.

 

MinHo intertwined his hands with her hands. She looked at their hands then to MinHo. “So, you fell in love after all?” She smirked. “I don’t know why. But yeah, I do fell in love you.” MinHo smiled at her and she smiled back. “Would you be my last dance?” “I don’t like.” She stock out her tongue but in the end, the two of them were dancing in the middle of the dancefloor. Not caring about what happening around them.

 

The enchanted night went well, and the new couple went home with a smile plastered on their face.