CHAPTER 42: BACK TO NORMAL

Opposites Really Do Attract

 

“W-What are you doing here?”

 

“I want to talk to you.” Ji Hyeon replied seriously. “You shouldn’t. I hurt you last time and you shouldn’t be tal-” “It’s okay Onew.” She cut Onew’s words and Onew was dumbfounded. “I know I should be mad at you or something, but I knew your situation and I’m sorry also.” She looked at the floor nervously and played with her fingers.

 

“I’m sorry if I couldn’t love you the way you love me. I don’t want to hurt you and I only see you as a friend. I’m sorry if you put a lot of effort, I’m sorry for not noticing it in the first place.” She looked at Onew with sincere eyes as she said those words. “It’s okay Ji Hyeon, I’m sorry for hurting you. I didn’t mean to touch you like that; I’m just out of my mind.” Guilt rushed in Onew.  “If you’re sorry, please go to school, you make anyone worried.” She said with a smile plastered on her face.

 

“Come let’s go for a walk.” Ji Hyeon suggested, Onew changes his clothes while Ji Hyeon is waiting for him outside his dorm. After few minutes of waiting, he’s already done. “Where do you want to go?” He asked. “Come on, let’s eat some ice cream.” She suggested. During the walk, she felt distance between them. “Yah! Why are you so far!” She walked beside Onew, and he stiffened.

 

-Ji Hyeon’s POV-

 

Today, I’ll try my best for Onew to be happy, simply because he is my friend and I want to kill the awkward presence between us. I know some of you might be angry at me because she almost me and I still bother to look for him. What can I do? I love him as my friend and he’s always there for me when I need some help. I’ve known him for almost 5 years and I trust him already.

 

I already forgive him, seriously. I don’t want to lose him in my life. I’ll feel incomplete and such.

 

They go to the ice cream store and Onew ordered and paid for their ice cream, after buying they went to the nearest playground and Ji Hyeon seated on the swing, same as Onew. There was awkward silence between them. “Why do you still hang out with me? Aren’t you scared of me?” He asked, with his eyes looking at the ground. Then suddenly he felt warm hands in his ckeeks.

 

Ji Hyeon stand up in front of him and hold his cheeks with her hands causing him to looked up at her. “No, I’m noy. You have your reasons, and I truly believe you that it wouldn’t happen again next time and why would I be scared of you, you are my best friend Onew. ” Onew felt happy by her words, he promised to her that he won’t hurt again the future and he will be by her side forever being her best friend. Onew’s heart stung for a while  because he only see him as a friend, but felt relief since he was already forgiven.

 

The day went by fast and the two was still talking, Ji Hyeon told all Onew all the things that he missed during his absents. Onew just shrugged due to the amount of homeworks and special project he was going to make. Being a man, it is hard to do it. “Don’t worry; I’m going to help you.” Ji Hyeon assured him and continues to discuss.

 

It is time for them to get home and Ji Hyeon was satisfied. There was no awkward silence between them now, both of themare laughing and playfully punching each other. “Yah! It hurts! I’m not going to help you.” She pouted while crossing her arms. “Hahaha! If you can, I’m sure you’ll going to help me no matter what” He stuked her tongue and laughed hard. They were already in the front gate of the Choi’s residence. “Thank You for today Ji Hyeon.” He gave her those sweetest smiles. “Thank you also for bringing me home.” She bowed. “I have to go now, make sure you’ll go to school tomorrow? Arasso?” She glared and gave him those piercing looks.

 

“Arasso.” He nodded and waved a good bye. She waved back. She looked at Onew’s fading silhouette before heading inside.

 

“I’m sorry Onew, I’m really sorry.”

 

A warm and delicious dinner welcomed her, Mrs Choi was making the dinner while the two boys, MinHo and Mr Choi was watching some football game on their flat screen TV. She went first to change her clothes and then headed to the Kitchen to help Mrs Choi preparing for the dinner. After some cooking and frying and stirring, the dinner was already done. You got some utensils and plates from the drawer and placed it on the table. On the other hand, Mrs Choi called the boy and  they went all in the dining room.

 

The family and you started to eat when Mr Choi said something. “You’re getting prettier Ji Hyeon.” She coughed and looked at Mr Choi with a confused face. “T-Thank You.” You said and continue eating. “He’s in love darling.” Ji Hyeon’s eyes widened when she heard the words from Mrs Choi. Mrs Choi chuckled with her expression. “N-no. I’m not in love or something.” You weakly smiled. You felt your cheeks getting hot. “She’s blushing darling, She’s in love!” The two old but looked young couples clapped their hands and laughed like a maniac.

 

“How about you MinHo? Is there any girl you liked?” Mrs Choi asked MinHo. “Yes.” He simply answered. “That’s nice. Maybe you should ask her for a date.” Mr Choi suggested. “Yes, she will be my date for the promenade.” He said. Ji Hyeon was a little bit of disappointed when she heard that he has a date already. After eating and washing the plates, you headed to your room and drifted to dream land.

 

The next day, she saw Onew again in school. She smiled at the boy. “Onew! Let’s go to the class.” She grabbed Onew’s arms and rushed towards the room.