CHAPTER 43: PREPARATION!

Opposites Really Do Attract

 

It’s been almost 2 weeks since the Onew incident happened, Ji Hyeon forget everything and befriended again with Onew. Today, the home room teacher discuss about the incoming Junior-Senior promenade that will happen next Friday.

 

“All the senior levels are in charge in preparing the incoming promenade.” The teacher stated. Groans and sounds of irritation fills the whole class as the heard that they will be the ones preparing. “You guys don’t want it? Then we won’t have it.” The teacher let out a chuckle and an evil smirk. “NO! We will do our bwst to prepare.” JongHyun shouted causing everyone to laugh.

 

“So our main theme will be a masquerade, be sure to wear your own mask or else we won’t allow youto go inside.” Since it has same mechanics last time, the teacher decided to not explain it further. “So I’ll leave it to you guys. I’m giving you whole day to decide. No cutting classes.” The teacher waves his index finger and leaves the room. The class was now in commotion.

 

They discussed about what things to buy, must have’s and the amount of many that each student must contribute. They also discussed about the plans and program that will happen in the promenade. “Hey, I suggest in the last part. We will go play a love song and everybody must dance then when the song ends the boy must do something or give something special to his partner.” Onew suggested. MinHo nodded and accepts his suggestion since he is the one in charge of the whole class.

 

After class Ann Di dragged Ji Hyeon to the nearest mall and look for a perfect dress. “Yah! It is still early to buy a gown or dress or whatever is needed.” Ji Hyeon pouted. “I know, but the earlier the better.” She smiled. Ji Hyeon lazily followed Ann Di in different stores. Store by store, shop by shop. Ann Di couldn’t find anything that fits her taste. “Aww. I can’t believe that all our effort in looking for dresses is wasted.” Ann Di growled and sat at the nearest bench. “I saw a pretty dress earlier. But I don’t know  if it suits your taste.” Ji Hyeon answered, patting her best friend’s back. “Where?!” Ann Di’s eyes widened and hold Ji Hyeon’s shoulder. “Over there.” She pointed to the shop and they run for it.

 

In the boutique, they sell vintage things and dresses which fitted the styles of Ji Hyeon. “Here.” She offered the dress to Ann Di and she squealed in delight. “Oh my gosh! My type!” Ann Di clapped her hands andlooked at herself in mirror with the dress in front of her but she frowned. “No, this should be yours.” She handed the dress to Ji Hyeon. “It’s okay, It suits you better and I think I can find better in other store.” She smiled while her best friend has a worried look plastered in her face. “Sure?” She asked. Ji Hyeon nodded.

 

Ann Di fit the dress and it fits her perfectly. It shows he curves and not too much revealing. She likes it. No, she LOVES it. She bought the dress and headed to a fast food centre to eat. “Ahh! I’m so tired.” Ji Hyeon stretched her arms as well as Ann Di. Ji Hyeon ate a lot while Ann Di didn’t since  promenade is nearing she has to lose some calories. “I wish my body is like yours.” Ann Di sighed. “You’ve been telling that to me for the nth times Ann Di. Hahaha!” Ji Hyeon laughed then continues to eat. After eating they separated ways and headed home.

 

Days have passed and tomorrow night is the big day. The seniors are done preparing and were now busy talking and chatting each other about their prom dress and like that. “What will you be wearing Ji Hyeon?” TaeMin asked. “Oh! I forgot about my dress.” She slapped her forehead and frowned. “I’m too serious in preparing the event that I almost forget my dress.” She sighed. Everyone laughed at how silly Ji Hyeon is. The guys tapped her shoulder as she kept on thinking on what she will wear. “It’s okay Ji Hyeon, I can lend you some of my dress tomorrow. Just visit my house in the morning since we don’t have class.”Ann Di suggested and she nodded. “Thank You, I’ll also try to look later.” She smiled.

 

During the classes, she kept on thinking what she would wear and how would she looks like. She scratches her head. “What’s the problem?” MinHo asked. Ji Hyeon snapped out in her small world and looked at MinHo. “I don’t have a dress yet.” She sighed looking at MinHo. “Better have one soon. Tsk. You have to look beautiful since you’ll going to be my date.” He smirked, Ji Hyeon’s eyes widened. “What?!” She asked. MinHo just smirked at her and left her again dumb founded.

 

The classes ended and Ji Hyeon rushed to the mall and looked for a perfect dress but sad to say the dress the she likes back then were now gone and out of stock. Guess I have to recycle some of my dress. She thought then headed home. When she arrived at the house, she saw Mrs Choi holding a box. “I guess this is for you.” Mrs Choi handed the box to Ji Hyeon and she opened it. “Wow. Who gave this to me?” She get the dress from the box and examined it. It is beautiful.

 

“I don’t know, I just saw it at the front of our house.” Mrs Choi said.  Ji Hyeon was confused at the same time thankful since the dress saves her life. She thanked Mrs Choi for handing her the box and she rushes towards her room to fit the dress. “Wow. Fits perfectly also.” She examined the dress and makes a twirl before looking again in the mirror. After playing with the dress, she hung it up in her closet and decided to check the box. She saw a note in it.

 

“It takes time to find a perfect dress for you. I hope you’ll like it.”

 

There is no name in it but she didn’t mind because she really needs it and also it is stated that it is for her. Maybe she could thank the person behind the gift when they meet someday. She texted her best friend that she already have address and there’s no need for her to go tomorrow at her house. She rummage her closet to look for some accessories, shoes and bag that is perfect to match with the dress.

 

After invading her closet, she found what she needs and she felt tired. She headed to the bathroom and fixed herself then drifts of to sleep.