Chapter 2

Raindrops From Heaven

Kyuhyun POV-


 

“Yah! What are you doing!?” I shouted toward the boys in the corner of the school.

I looked further and found a small scrawny boy lying on the ground emotionless, being beaten by Seungho, Thunder, and G.O, the three bullies of Sapphire Blue High. I ran over to them and grabbed Thunder and Seungho by the collars of their shirts. With all my might, I threw them backward and kicked both of them in the shin. G.O looked at me like I was crazy.

“What’s your problem Kyuhyun!?” G.O shouted at me.

“My problem, is you. Leave him alone.” I protested.

G.O held his ground not giving up until he starts another fight, “And what if I don’t?”

I started, “If you don’t,” I kicked my foot under his and he fell to the ground. I stood before him and with all my might, kicked him in the stomach, “I’ll do worse than this everyday.”

I picked him up by his red V neck shirt, he was still shriveling in pain from my kick. Before throwing him backward with the rest of his crew, I looked him straight in the eyes, “Everyday.”

I threw him backward to where Seungho and Thunder were still lying. They all got up and I could see grass stains on their pants from when they landed. They ran as fast as they could in the direction of their home. I looked back at the helpless boy lying on the ground and knelt down beside him. I checked his pulse. His heart is still beating, which means they only knocked him out. But if I don’t get him to help soon, he most likely will die.

I put my right hand under his lifeless legs, and my left hand supporting his back. Then I lifted him like it was no problem. He felt like one of the lightest things on the planet. I felt like I was carrying my text books. Since all the busses have left already, I no choice but to run home before anything worse happens to him. As I ran down the long winding sidewalk, I continued to focus on my mission. Did god send me to do this? Was this paying god back for all my prayers? Or was it just fate? A miracle, to find this boy and save him from near death. As I got closer to my house, I started to get tired from running, so I began to walk. I didn’t walk too slow, or else something might happen before I got him to our destination. When I finally found my house painted of a light blue, I burst through the front door still carrying him in my arms.

“Mom!” I screamed.

My mom, wearing her pink apron over her blue striped shirt and jeans came running out of the kitchen with a spatula in her hands. I stared at the boy lying lifeless in my arms, then looked back to her.

“Take him to your room, and lie him down on your bed. I’ll be there in less than a minute.” My mom demanded.

I walked to my room and did just what my mom instructed. I walked him over to my bed and laid him down on top of my black and blue polka dot blankets. My mom came rushing in the room, apron off and spatula down.

“What happened to him?” My mom asked firmly.

“I had to stay after school to finish something and when I came outside, I found Seungho, Thunder and G.O beating him.” I responded.

“You see, this is why you are a smart boy for ending your friendship with those three.”

She was right. I was really smart. I was a fool to have anything to do with them in the first place. G.O and I were friends since the very beginning. When I was four years old, my mother had a friend, someone she would always spend time with. Her best friend. My mothers friend also had a son one year older than me. We met and became best friends shortly after. But about two years ago, his mother passed away leaving him with his father. My mother and I both attended the funeral and I realized that I was the only one at that time giving G.O real support. I stayed by his side until this year when he turned seventeen.

“This is the year!” G.O would always tell me, “I’m finally gonna make my dreams come true.”

He was right. He wanted to be a singer more than anything. It’s all he ever talked about. When the chance came by for him to make it, he did all he could to try his best and make it as a big star. But the other fourteen had taken his spotlight. I tried to be there to support him when it happened, but I was so busy with all my studies, that half the time I couldn’t be there. I wanted to, but I just couldn’t. Realizing that I couldn’t be there for him 24/7, he started hanging out with Seungho and Thunder shortly after the audition. After the start of their friendship, I have seen a totally different side of G.O. If I ever had the time, I tried to hang out with him, Thunder and Seungho, but whenever we stopped by people, they would walk right through them, or occasionally push people out of the way. I wanted to stop them from harassing everyone, but in some way, I too was frightened of this “new” G.O. I decided that even if I finished my studies early and have time left over, I would just make up an excuse to get away from them. I no longer wanted anything to do with G.O. and his crew (especially since he knows that I am one of the lucky fourteen and he would get mad). So I left. Seeing him today beat on this kid, something just told me that I need to stand up for what’s right. What was right was saving him from those beasts.

“Stay and comfort him. I’ll be right back.” My mother said.

I sat down next him on my bed and studied him. Not too tall, very skinny and beaten like a squash. I looked at his lip which seemed to be cut open and bleeding. I looked back toward the door and wondered if my mom will ever hurry up. I’m starting to get very worried about him. My mother is a retired nurse (she is now a court attorney), so she knows how to take care of people well. That’s why we never usually go to a hospital when I’m sick. My mother came back in the room holding a dark purple toolbox full of first aid kit items. She opened the box and started putting rubbing alcohol on his wounds. When she was done with that, she started bandaging his arms and legs. She lifted his shirt and bandaged his bruised stomach. You could almost see his ribs sticking out, which mean he hasn’t been fed in a long time. I looked back at the cut on his lip.

“Hey mom. what about the cut on his lip?” I asked.

She looked up and saw that his lip was bleeding, then handed me a white rag, “Clean up his lip, I’ll be right back again.”

She ran out of the room leaving me with the helpless boy. I can’t help but wonder if he has a decent home or not. I took the rag and began dabbing it on his cut. He turned his head the opposite way from me, but I could still reach the cut. I continued dabbing when my mom came back in.

“I think he will be a little better. Why don’t you let him rest on your bed so he can recover.” My mother said.

I put all the supplies back in the toolbox and gave it to my mother. I took the rag stained with blood and went to go wash it. I have a bathroom in my bedroom, so I left the door open. I could see the boy lying on the bed from my bathroom mirror. He’s curled up like he thinks he’ll be kicked again. I continued washing the rag when I saw something in the mirror move. I turned around and saw the boy sitting up, wide awake, staring at the bandages. I turned off the sink and walked over to him.

“Hey, are you feeling better?”