Chapter 10

Raindrops From Heaven

Sungmin POV-

After Kyuhyun finished paying for everything, which I still felt bad about, we headed out of the store in the mall.

“Kyuhyun, I feel bad that you’re paying for everything... You don’t have to do this...” I said.

“But I want to do this...” He replied looking around at the stores.

“But Kyuhyun I-”

“Hold that thought...” He said, “Stay here and I’ll be right back.”

“O-Okay...” I replied.

Kyuhyun ran off into a store, leaving me alone. I looked around at all the places. This mall is huge... I’ve never been in a mall before, so it’s fascinating to see this many stores in one place... As I was looking around, I heard a few people walking by talking...

“No, I heard that Kyuhyun skipped school. That’s why we’re here looking.” One person said.

“But he ditched school without Seohyun... Doesn’t he usually bring her places when he ditches school?” Another asked.

“Actually, I heard that he’s been hanging out with some loser kid that no one knows...” A third person said.

“Really? I bet that’s a lie. Kyuhyun would never hang out with someone like that...” One of them replied.

“Omo! Isn’t that Kyuhyun over there!?” The first one shouted.

As I turned around, the girls screamed, then ran toward Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun was startled and almost dropped the bags in his hands.

He flashed his pretty boy smile, “Hello ladies.”

“Kyuhyun! We heard you skipped school, so we came here! Can we hang out with you?” One of them asked.

“What did you buy!?” Another one questioned.

“Can we take a picture together!?” The third one shouted.

I stared at Kyuhyun as he smiled and obeyed the girls. I sighed, I may have to walk home.... I looked at the bags in my hands, then back to Kyuhyun. He was still talking to the girls as they linked arms with him. I know I shouldn’t be sad, I should be happy that he has a lot of fans, but seeing them all ‘lovey dovey’ with him makes me sick and angry. I sighed and began walking toward the exit of the mall. I heard people whispering to each other as I walked by... Though I didn’t think much of it.... It happens all the time... I should be used to it by now....





 

Kyuhyun POV-

I smiled my best fake smile as I took a picture with the girls, “Alright, I’m sorry ladies, but I really have to go...”

“Kyuhyun! Can we please hang out with you?” One of them asked.

“Sorry, but I’m already hanging with someone.” I said looking around for Sungmin.

I saw that Sungmin had left from where I told him to stay.

“Who? Seohyun’s still at school.” The second girl said.

“Yeah, I heard some rumor that you’ve been hanging out with some scumbag... But that’s not true, is it?”

I felt anger and annoyance build up inside of me. How dare they call Sungmin a scumbag. He is the nicest most caring person ever.

“Yes. It’s true. And that ‘scumbag’ as you call him has a name.” I yelled at the girls.

They stood in shock. I moved away from them and ran around the mall trying to find Sungmin. Why did he run off!? Why didn’t he stay where I told him to stay!? Sungmin, where are you!?





 

Sungmin POV-

It started to rain as I began heading down the street, trying to find my way back to Kyuhyun’s house. I wonder if Kyuhyun’s worried... Hmm... Probably not... He’s probably having more fun with those girls than with me...

*BOOM*

AHH!!” I screamed.

I ran toward a building. Oh, that’s another secret of mine... I’m terrified of thunder... I held onto the wall of the building and looked around. It started raining and I saw lightning flash. I wanted to cry... My luck is always bad unless I’m around Kyuhyun. But I know I can’t rely on Kyuhyun for everything... I sighed before moving away from the wall and continuing to walk again.

The rain was heavy and the wind was freezing, causing me to shiver. The lightning still flickered every now and then, causing me to flinch, but when the thunder came, it was hard to keep going. I closed my eyes and fell to my knees on the ground and cried. I hate my life...

After the thunder stopped for a moment, I looked around again. There was one couple walking together in the rain, another person trying to shield themselves with a newspaper, then there was me. A small scrawny boy on his knees on the sidewalk in the rain, crying, because he’s terrified of thunder....

I took a deep breath before standing once more. I had to keep going or else I was going to die because it’s so cold or because of fright. I slowly stood up and dragged my feet across the cold wet ground. The rain kept coming and I wondered if it was ever going to stop... I kept my head down as I continued walking, when the thunder and lightning came again at the same time.

I screamed and felt someone grab me. I was pulled into a hug by a mystery person. I looked up and found my savior. My one and only savior, Kyuhyun.

“Don’t you ever run away from me again. I don’t want to lose you Sungmin.” Kyuhyun said.

I nodded and gripped his shirt tight, “I-I’m sorry.. K-Kyuhyun...”

Kyuhyun sighed and pulled away from me.

He placed his hands on my shoulders and looked me in the eyes, “Sungmin, you don’t have to be sorry. It’s not your fault... Aish, how can someone be so caring about others and not about himself?”

I blinked a few times. I couldn’t find any words to reply, so I just looked away. Kyuhyun moved his hands from my shoulders and took off his jacket. He placed it around my shoulders and told me to wear it so I wouldn’t get sick. I obeyed and put on his jacket. Kyuhyun then crouched down in front of me. I stared at him confused. He laughed at my expression before picking me up on his back. I was shocked, but wrapped my arms around his neck. He gave me a piggyback ride back to where his car was and after we got in the car, we started heading off.

“H-How did you know where to f-find me?” I asked.

Kyuhyun shrugged while focusing on the road, “Instinct I guess...”

I softly smiled, then stared out the window. The thunder and lightning had stopped and the rain was slowing down a little. I guess it is always a better day when you’re with the one you love...

________________________________________________________________________________

I know I say this in like every update, but THANKYU COMMENTERS AND SUBSCRIBERS!!! :D It means a lot guys!! Haha(: