Chapter 4

Raindrops From Heaven

Kyuhyun POV-

Sungmin and I headed to school together. I stayed by his side the whole morning and helped him get to his first classes safely and out of harms way. He doesn’t need to be hurt anymore....

It was now in between second period and lunch. I stopped at my locker and put my stuff away, when someone covered my eyes.

“Guess who.” A voice rang out.

I smiled, “Seohyun.”

The person removed their hands and I turned around to find Eunhyuk puckering his lips toward me. I flew backward into my locker as him and Seohyun laughed at me.

“Ha. Ha.” I responded in a lame-ish tone.

I started throwing my supplies into my locker, showing that I was annoyed by their foolish games.

“Oh come on Kyu, we were just messing with you.” Seohyun said.

“Yeah, lighten up dude.” Eunhyuk said.

If you haven’t already figured it out, Seohyun is my girlfriend... I turned around and stared at Eunhyuk like he was crazy. Seohyun whispered something in his ear and Eunhyuk ran to the cafeteria. Seohyun stood in front of me with her arms crossed.

“What?” I asked.

“What has gotten into lately? I swear, you can’t take a joke anymore.” She said angrily.

I shoved my Starcraft game and laptop to the back of my locker before she could-

“How late have you been staying up playing Starcraft?” She asked.

“Only till ten.” I lied.

She stared at me like she hated me. She gave me her, “Do you think I’m stupid?” look.

“Twelve...”

She still wasn’t buying it, so I had no other choice but to tell her the truth.

“Three in the morning.” I said putting my head down.

*Smack*

“Ouch! Why did you smack me!?” I shouted.

“Because, you only care about you’re stupid video game! You never get enough sleep, so you’re always angry, and we never do anything together anymore.” She complained.

I grabbed onto her shoulders and hugged her, “Look, I’m sorry. I have an addiction problem.”

“Ya think?” She said.

“I’ll change.” I replied.

“I hope so.”

With that, I closed my locker, and kissed her lips, “You’re not mad, are you?”

“Yes I am. I’m gonna go eat lunch. Are you coming?” She asked.

I looked behind her and saw Sungmin shakily and slowly reaching up to his combination on his locker. He looked around scared that a threat would come his way.

“I’ll come in a minute.” I replied.

Seohyun rolled her eyes and stormed off into the cafeteria. I walked toward Sungmin and moved his hands away from the locker.

“What’s your combination?” I asked.

He blinked a few times, “W-What?”

“To the locker... What’s the combination?” I asked again.

Sungmin gave me the numbers. I unlocked his locker, then took his books and such and placed them neatly in his locker.

“So, where are you sitting at lunch?” I asked.

“Alone.” Sungmin responded.

“Well, I’ll change that.” I said closing his locker.

Sungmin looked at me with puppy dog eyes, “Y-You don’t have to. You can sit with your friends. It doesn’t really matter.”

“Alright.... I will.” I responded.

We walked into the cafeteria and Sungmin sat down at a lonely table, while all of the members Super Junior, the ones I usually sit with, sat at their special table. I followed Sungmin and sat across from him.

“I thought you were going to sit with your friends.” Sungmin said.

I smiled, “I am.”




 

Sungmin POV-

“W-What?” I asked him.

Was I dreaming? Did he really just call me his... Friend...?

“I am.” Kyuhyun said again, “You’re my friend, aren’t you?”

“I don’t know... A-Am I?” I questioned.

Kyuhyun chuckled, “Yeah, you definitely are.” He looked over at the cafeteria line, “Now come on, let’s get some lunch.”

He stood up and started walking toward the line. He then turned around and stared at me.

“Are you coming?” He asked.

“I don’t have money.” I responded, “I never eat lunch anyway.”



 

Kyuhyun POV-

“I don’t have money. I never eat lunch anyway.”

I looked at him up and down. He’s all skin and bones. Last night at dinner, he refused to eat too. He’s going to die soon if he doesn’t eat. He turned around and started fumbling with his thumbs. So I turned around and stood in line. When it was my turn, the lunch lady gave me the usual. Chicken Fried Rice.

“Thank you and can I also get the A Lunch?” I asked.

“Two lunches in one day? You must be hungry.” The lunch lady said.

“No, it’s for one of my friends. He can’t pay for lunch so I’m getting it for him.” I responded.

“Oh... How sweet.” She said as she handed me the food.

I bowed to her, “Kamsamnida.”

I paid for the lunches and sat back down at the table. I put the A Lunch in front of Sungmin and began eating my Chicken Fried Rice.

“What’s this?” He asked.

“Lunch.” I said, “Eat it.”

“I-I can’t eat this... I didn’t pay for it.”

“But I did, and I want you to eat it. So please.” I begged.

Sungmin was still unsure of it, but I watched him take small bites at a time. Then those small bites turned into big ones, and sooner or later, the entire lunch was gone. I never find cafeteria food to be that amazing, but I guess if you’re father never feeds you, you’d scarf down just about anything.