Chapter 3

Raindrops From Heaven

Sungmin POV-


 

I woke up in a room with walls painted white, with a bed, bedside table, television and computer desk. This room was too nice to be my bedroom. Am I in heaven? I sat up and felt a piercing pain all over my body, but in a way, it felt comforted by something. I looked down at my arms and legs, they were bandaged and taken care of. Now I know I’m in heaven. I continued to check out all the bandages I had on myself when an angel came and spoke out.

“Hey, are you feeling better?”

It was him. His words were so gentle and caring. But I thought he would hate me if he saw me. I thought he would call me useless or other names, like what everyone else says. But this... I have never been spoken to in such a way. It’s usually yelling, or name calling. But this was nice. It was sweet. He was an angel. A gift. My gift.

 



 

Kyuhyun POV-

“W-Where am I?” He asked.

His tone was quiet and weak, but I don’t blame him, “Nice to meet you, I’m Cho Kyuhyun. You were being beaten by G.O and his crew, so I brought you to my house.” I explained, “You were unconscious, so my mother and I bandaged you’re bruises, cuts and scars.”

“T-Thank you. Thats very k-kind.” He responded.

I bowed and went to go sit next to him, “So what’s you’re name?” I asked.

“Y-You actually w-want to know my name?” He questioned.

“Well, yeah. I mean, you seem harmless. I would love to know your name.” I responded.

For the first time, probably even in his life, he gave me a smile.




 

Sungmin POV-


 

The man I have liked for years is actually asking me for my name... He wasn’t an angel. He was a savior. The first person that ever asked me for my name was him.

“M-My name is S-Sungmin... L-Lee Sungmin.” I answered.

“That’s a nice name.” Kyuhyun responded.

“T-Thank you.”

“Hey, I’ll be right back.” Kyuhyun said.

“A-Alright.”

With that, he left the room and left me all alone. I looked around his room. He had a bunch of posters hanging on his wall. Mostly of Super Junior. The country’s most famous band, consisting of Leeteuk, Eunhyuk, Ryeowook, Donghae, Yesung, Henry, Zhou Mi, Shindong, Kangin, Heechul, Hangeng, Siwon, Kibum and lastly, the person whose house I’m in now, Cho Kyuhyun. But at our school, they’re also known as “The Lucky Fourteen”. As I mentioned earlier, G.O, Thunder, and Seungho wanted to be stars. But instead, they got rejected and the “Lucky Fourteen”, or Super Junior, were chosen. Kyuhyun has about nine or ten posters of Super Junior hanging on his walls, all organized and neat. Super Junior does go to our school. They are the most popular students in the school. A lot of people like Kyuhyun, just like I do. But I know that Kyuhyun would date a girl. Because dating a guy would probably ruin his reputation. Especially if that guy were... Me... Kyuhyun came back in the room followed by a tall lady with long brown hair.

“How are you feeling hun?” The woman asked.

“B-Better...” I responded.

“That’s good. Do you have any parents or guardians I can call for you?”

“Um.. Well, there is my father, but do I really have to go back?” I asked.

The woman and Kyuhyun looked at each other confused, “Well, wouldn’t you like to be with your father?” She asked.

“Absolutely not.” I responded.

Kyuhyun and the lady looked at each other once more, then the woman sat next to me, “Why not?”

I began to tell her my entire life story, about how my father is a lazy bum, and beats me if I’m late for coming home, or if I don’t finish my chores on time. I explained to them about my mother, and how she passed away leaving me with him as my only resort. By the time I finished telling my story. I stood up and grabbed my backpack which was leaning on the bed.

“I guess I will have to get back home though. I know I’m terribly late, so if I get there quick enough, my father won’t go too hard on me.” I said heading for the front door, “Thank you for the bandages, and for letting me rest.”

I bowed toward both Kyuhyun and the lady, then headed out the door. I almost tripped walking down the porch stairs, but made it, limping my way home.




 

Kyuhyun POV-

I looked at my mom. She and I were thinking the same thing. He can’t go home to a father that will beat him worse than G.O did. I looked back toward his limping body as he made his way down the porch stairs.

“Wait!” I shouted.

He turned around and stared at my mother and I.

“Why don’t you come and stay with us for awhile.” My mother urged.

“B-But my father-”

“Don’t worry about him. I can handle that.” She responded.

I ran down the stairs and helped Sungmin walk back up the stairs. He looked unsure of all this, but I swear, I’m gonna make him feel like a real person. Like I have a new brother. He will be treated as a human should be.