Chapter 29

Raindrops From Heaven

Sandeul POV-

    “S-So you’re Sungmin’s b-boyfriend?” I asked into the phone.

    “Yes.” Kyuhyun replied from the other line, “I’m the one you yelled at.”

    “So... S-Sungmin d-doesn’t have a brother?” I questioned.

    “I’m not sure. You’ll have to find out.” Kyuhyun said.

    “Will do.” I replied.

    I watched a nurse come out of Sungmin’s hospital room.

I stood up, putting my hand over the mic of the phone, and said, “H-How is he?”

“He’s finally awake and doing better. You may go see him if you’d like.” The nurse replied.

I nodded and walked into the hospital room, closing the door behind me.

“S-Sandeul...?” Sungmin asked quietly.

I sat down in a chair, next to Sungmin’s hospital bed.

“Can I talk to him?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Yeah.” I replied.

I handed the phone to Sungmin and he stared at me with puppy dog eyes.

“It’s Kyuhyun.” I said.



 

Sungmin POV-

    I grabbed the phone and put it to my ear, “H-Hello?”

    “Sungmin-ah, It’s me.” Kyuhyun said.

    “Kyu... I-I’m scared.” I replied.

    “It’s alright Min. Are you feeling better?”

    “A little. My arm got shot.” I replied.

    “Sandeul told me that... Why did you try to kill yourself?” He questioned.

    “I.... I can’t take it Kyu.... I-I just don’t wanna live like this anymore! I have no place to live, I have no money, I haven’t eaten in days, I have more bruises, thanks to G.O., and worst of all, you hate me and you’re going to be gone for seven more months!” I felt tears slowly rolling down my face.

    “First of all, I want you to try and find a job that pays good, get yourself an apartment, please eat a lot of food, and ignore G.O. as much as you can... Now listen to me Min, I don’t hate you. I could never hate you. I love you with all my heart. I never want you to forget that. Just because we fought once doesn’t mean I’m going to stop loving you. It was a misunderstanding, but everything’s alright now.” He said.

    “Kyu....” I said quietly.

    “I love you so much Min. Please, don’t ever try to do something like this again. I don’t want to lose you.”

    “I-I won’t... P-Promise.” I replied.

    I heard Kyuhyun sigh happily, “Alright. Good. Well, I have to get back to filming. I’ll call you later, okay?”

    “K-Kay.”

    “Love you.” Kyuhyun said.

    “I love you too.”

    I closed the phone and handed it to Sandeul.

    “T-Thank you. For letting me talk to him...” I said.

    “Sungmin, I’m sorry.”

    “About what?”

    “T-That day I tried to... K-Kiss you... I... I didn’t know you had a boyfrien-”

    “It’s alright.” I gave him a soft smile, “Not many people know... Maybe that’s why I had that misunderstanding with Kyuhyun and his sister... Since no one know’s that Kyuhyun and I are a couple, I’m afraid someone’s gonna take him away from me.”

    Sandeul nodded in understanding, “I won’t tell anyone.”

    I looked up at him, “Thank you.”

    He nodded again. The nurse came back in after a moment.

    “Excuse me, I need to give Sungmin his pills, so I’m going to have to ask you to leave.” The nurse said to Sandeul.

    Sandeul nodded, then turned toward me, “I’ll be back tomorrow. Alright?”

    I nodded, “Okay.”

    Sandeul headed for the door, but stopped halfway, “Wait, I forgot, I picked this up before you... Y-You know... Almost....”

    It was the teddy bear Kyuhyun had given me when we went to Jeju Island... I took it from Sandeul and thanked him. He nodded and left the room. The nurse gave me the pills, then checked my arm before leaving.

    I don’t really remember much about what happened before I tried to kill myself... All that I really remember is that I called Kyuhyun and put the phone on speaker, in front of me. I was crying while I had the gun in my left hand, pointed at my head and I had this teddy bear Kyuhyun gave me in my right hand, clutching it tight.

I told Kyuhyun I loved him and was about to shoot, when Sandeul came in. I remember Sandeul jumping on me and that’s when the gun went off and I shot myself in the arm. I began crying because I was scared and hurt. Sandeul pulled me close to his chest, crying with me. And I think I out after that. Like I said, I don’t really remember... I’m not even sure when or how I got to the hospital.

What would’ve happened if Sandeul hadn’t stopped me...? I’d be dead.... I’d be lying in Sandeul’s arms, dead and Kyuhyun would be depressed. My funeral would happen and Kyuhyun would be crying against my gravestone...

I brought the bear Kyuhyun gave me, closer to my chest. Kyuhyun... I miss you. I hope you’re enjoying making the movie. I hope you know how much I miss you. I’m so sorry I made you worry. As promised, I’ll never do it again. I know it will be a long time, but I will wait these next seven months. I’ll ask Sandeul if he can rehire me at the cafe, save up enough money and get an apartment like you said. I’ll eat enough so that I’m not starving anymore. And I’ll get better at martial arts so I can protect myself from G.O..... I’ll wait for you and get better in the process of waiting. I’ll do it all for you. Saranghae Kyu, Yeong-wonhi.

_________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: You all judge too quickly! I would NEVER let my bias die!!! Haha(: Thankyu to my Commenters, Readers, and Subscribers! (One more Subscriber and we’re at 70!! I can’t thank you guys enough!!) :D