Chapter 26

Raindrops From Heaven

Sungmin POV-

When I returned that next day, I got a call from Kim JungHoon, laughing at me because I didn’t believe him. I hung up on him.... I headed to school, then straight to the martial arts room. Kangin greeted me and Sunny wasn’t there.

Kangin helped me learn martial arts everyday. So much time had gone by and before I knew it, four months had passed and it was already close to Christmas! My favorite holiday!! I love Christmas. It means, snow, hot chocolate, santa, and just being together with the people you love.

Speaking of people you love... Well, Kyuhyun has called me almost every single night, but I haven’t answered any of his phone calls. I still can’t believe that he cheated on me. That’s something I can never forgive him for.

Anyways, today is Christmas Eve! And I told Sandeul I would hang out with him all day, because he told me he had no one to hang out with. I walked to my closet and changed into a pair of black jeans, a grey long sleeve shirt with a snowman sledding on it, and a long red scarf. I smiled at myself in the mirror, then I looked at the clock. It was almost eleven o’clock in the morning. I was going to give Sandeul a huge surprise for Christmas before we hung out, so I headed out the door and down the street.


 

________________________________________________________________________________

 


 

Sandeul POV-

I straightened out the collar of my shirt and everything else, until I heard a knock at my door. That’s probably Sungmin! I ran toward the door and took a deep breath before opening it and letting my jaw drop.



 

Sungmin POV-

Sandeul stood shocked in the doorway, while I just gave him a shy smile.

“S-Sungmin.... Y-Your hair.... It.... I-It’s-”

“Blonde?” I finished his sentence.

Sandeul slowly shook his head and I laughed.

“I wanted to surprise you!” I said cheerfully, “Do you like it?”

Sandeul pet my hair and smiled at me, “I love it!”

I laughed, “Thanks!”

“Well, we should probably get going.” Sandeul said.

I nodded and we headed out the door, toward Sandeul’s car.

“So where are we going first?” I asked him.

Sandeul said nothing, but he held up two tickets. They were tickets to go see the Nutcracker Ballet!

“Woah! Sandeul really!?” I exclaimed happily.

“Yeah! I’ve been waiting forever to go and see this!” He replied.

With smiles on our faces, we both headed out to see the ballet. It lasted for about two hours. It was amazing! The dancers were incredible and everything was perfect! There weren’t a lot of places open, since it was Christmas Eve, so Sandeul took me back to his house. We sat on his couch and talked.

“So, how’s that brother of yours? The one that I yelled at....” He brought up Kyuhyun.

“We haven’t talked for about four months, because he got some new ‘girlfriend’.” I rolled my eyes.

“I’m sorry Min.”

I looked up at him, “M-Min...?”

He nodded, “Do you like that name? I thought it would be cute to call you that.”

I stared at the floor for a moment.

“I-I don’t have to call you that if you don’t want me t-”

“It’s fine.” I smiled at him, “H-Hey, why isn’t your Christmas tree not decorated?”

I stood up and walked toward it. I needed to get off that subject and onto a new one.

“Oh, Well, I haven’t decorated my tree for years. I have no one to share Christmas with, since my parents passed away, so I usually just put it up and never decorate it.” Sandeul replied.

“Well look, I’m here with you! Why don’t we decorate it together?” I suggested.

Sandeul smiled, “I would like that.”

I smiled back. Sandeul and I pulled out a bunch of decorations and lights and such and began decorating the tree. First we put the lights on the tree, then as Sandeul put the decorations, I made a popcorn and cranberry string to put around the tree. Sandeul stuck the skirt under the tree, while I was supposed to put the star on top, but I’m too short. Sandeul looked up and laughed at me.

“Need help?” He asked.

I pouted and nodded. Sandeul picked me up on his shoulders and I balanced myself. I placed the star on the very top of the tree and Sandeul smiled up at me. I smiled back and he set me down again. The tree was finally finished! It looked amazing.

“Good job!” I said to Sandeul while staring at the tree.

He didn’t reply to me, so I looked at him. He was staring at the ceiling.

“What wro-” I looked up.

“How did that get there?” He asked.

I swallowed nervously.... Mistletoe....

He looked back down at me and I looked at him. Somehow his arm was around my waist. Not sure how that happened.

“S-Sandeul...”

He leaned closer to me and I placed my hands on his chest, pushing away slightly, “D-Don’t....”

“Why not?” He asked.

“I.... I can’t... I’m... I’m sorry.” I moved away from him and grabbed my stuff, “I have to go.”

Sandeul grabbed my arm, “A-At least let me t-take you home.”

I thought about it, before giving in. Sandeul and I got in the car. Awkwardness filling the whole car. He brought me to Super Junior’s apartment building because they invited me to dinner for tonight. When the car stopped, I gathered my things and reached for the handlebar and-

“Sungmin, I’m... S-Sorry... I don’t know what I was thinking....” Sandeul interrupted.

“No, I-I’m sorry. I’m just not.... Ready for anything...” I said.

Sandeul nodded, “I understand.”

I gave him a soft smile, before exiting the car, “Merry Christmas Eve.”

“Same to you.”

I closed the car door and headed up toward Super Junior’s apartment. I lightly knocked on the door and it opened immediately.

“There you are!” Yesung greeted, "I love your hair!"

“Hi guys.” I replied, “Thanky you Yesung! And thank you for inviting me over for dinner.”

“Anytime.” Yesung said.

“You’re always welcome here Sungmin!” Donghae said happily.

I smiled widely at them all.

“Dinner’s almost finished guys!” Ryeowook called from the kitchen.

I helped Yesung set the table and after a few minutes, Ryeowook and Eunhyuk came out with the food. We all sat down and were about to eat, until Siwon noticed something.

“Where is that pabo?” Siwon asked.

Siwon stood up walked around the corner to one of the rooms and knock on it.

“I’ll be there in a minute!” The person shouted from inside the room, “I just got out of the shower, give me a break!”

Siwon came back from around the corner and back to our table.

“Should we wait for him?” Donghae asked.

“No, let’s just eat.” Yesung replied.

At that remark, Shindong and Eunhyuk began digging into the food. I giggled at their actions. I picked up my fork and put some mashed potatoes on it and brought it toward my mouth and-

“You’re eating without me?”

I looked up. My fork and mouth dropped to the table.

“Sungmin!!!”

My eyes widened, “K-K.... Kyuhyun....?”