Chapter 7

Raindrops From Heaven

Sungmin POV-

“Can I ask you a few questions?” Kyuhyun asked.

I slowly nodded.

“Was your life like... This before I came along?” He questioned.

“Y-You’re... Asking me about my life...?” I asked quietly.

“Yes.” Kyuhyun nodded, “Tell me everything. I want to know everything about you Sungmin.”

“A-Alright... Well, my life wasn’t always like this...” I took a deep breath, “When I was younger, my mother and I left my father and went to live in Cheongju. My mother went out one night and got drunk and that’s when she met my stepfather. And that’s when they had my younger step brother, SungJin. My mother and stepfather were tight on money, so my mother decided that I should go live with my father, the one that beats me... I never thought that he would beat me... My father was nice... I guess my mother leaving him made him this way...”

Kyuhyun hugged me tighter, “Sungmin, I’m so sorry...”

I laid my head on his shoulder, loving the embrace he was giving me. It’s like I finally have someone who cares.

“It’s alright.” I replied, “Let’s see... After being beaten by my father for about four years, I finally was old enough to attend high school. My father sent me there and told me that it’s better that I go to school so that I’m out of his way and so that I don’t have to be completely stupid.”

“Sungmin, you are not stupid.” Kyuhyun said.

“Y-You mean that...?” I questioned.

Kyuhyun hugged me even tighter. His hug didn’t hurt. It felt nice, I felt safe.

“Yes. Sungmin, don’t let anyone’s cruel words get to you.” He said.

I only smiled and hugged him back.

I took another deep breath before continuing, “Once I got into the high school here, they were holding auditions for Super Junior and-”

“Super Junior?” He questioned, pulling me away a little looking at me, “The Super Junior I’m in?”

I nodded, “Yes. After G.O. and his friends didn’t get in, they started bullying me.”

Kyuhyun stared at me, “So you’re telling me that you’ve been bullied for about seven years? Six from your father and about two from G.O. and the others?”

I nodded.

“Sungmin...”

“It’s alright.” I replied, “I’m used to it.”

“You shouldn’t be... It’s not right...”

I stayed quiet. Kyuhyun hugged me tight once more. It felt nice to be in his embrace. It would feel nice to be in anyone’s embrace, but Kyuhyun’s was special. It’s like God sent me Kyuhyun to help. And I’m thankful.

“Sungmin...” Kyuhyun started, “Why did you save me when G.O. was about to kick me?”

I sighed before replying, “Because, I feel like you’re my savior. And I don’t want to see you hurt.”

“Sungmin, I’m, your savior. I’m supposed to protect you. Not the other way around.” Kyuhyun said.

“Kyuhy- Ah....” My head got a big pain.

I held my head and Kyuhyun looked scared. He tried to move my hand and check the part of my head that hurt, but I turned away from him.

“Sungmin, look at me.” He said.

I slowly turned back toward him and held both of his hands away from my face.

“Kyuhyun, you can’t.”

“Can’t what?” He asked, “Help you? Sungmin, it’s only gonna get worse... Please...”

I took a deep breath before looking straight into his eyes, “Okay... But you have to promise that you won’t say anything...”

“About what?” He asked.

I took another deep breath before moving my bangs out of my face, revealing another secret I’ve never showed anyone.... My scar....

Kyuhyun stared at my scar in disbelief. He cupped my face with one hand and ran his fingers over the scar with his other hand, “S-Sungmin...”

I sighed, “It’s not from my father... Or.... G.O...”

Kyuhyun stared at me, “Who then?”

I closed my eyes as a few tears fell.

“Sungmin, tell me who...”

I sniffled before replying, “S-Seohyun...”

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello everyone I want to thank all my commenters and subscribers! I hope you all are enjoying reading this fic as much as I’m enjoying writing it!!(: