Chapter 38

Raindrops From Heaven

Sungmin POV-

I was running. In the middle of the forest, lost, just running for my life. From what though? I don’t know. I ran and ran and ran until I saw a little house, just sitting in the middle of the forest. I decided it was my only escape. I slowly walked inside the house and looked around.

“H-Hello?” I asked, “Is anyone here?”

No answer. I walked further into the house, slowly exploring my surroundings. It looks like just an ordinary house. Could there be anything bad about this house?

“You ungrateful little son of a !”

I turned around, only for my face to be met with a cold, hard, hand. The slap made me fall to the floor. I looked up to see my opponent, but was met with… My father…

“It’s all your fault! If you would’ve just been a good boy and stayed with me, maybe this wouldn’t have happened!” My father shouted at me.

I looked at my father confused, “Wha-”

“If you wouldn’t have met him, maybe he wouldn’t be dead!”

“W-Who?” I asked.

I felt a strange liquid on my left hand. I lifted my hand to eye level to see what it was. It was red. I stared at my hand, shocked… Blood.

I slowly turned around, afraid of what I would see. When I looked behind me, I was frightened, sad, and shocked. I screamed. Laying on the floor behind me was… Kyuhyun, dead. I quickly moved away from the dead body laying behind me. I stared at him. His entire shirt was stained with blood and so was the floor.

“It’s all your fault Sungmin.” My father said, “You killed him.”

“No!” I shouted.

“Well who’s got the knife?” My father asked.

I looked down at my right hand and in it was a knife. I immediately dropped the knife.

“No! I didn’t do it!!” I shouted.

“Yes you did. It’s your fault… And so is the death of Sandeul.” He said.

I looked behind me again and there, hanging from a rope, was my best friend, Sandeul. Tears poured from my eyes.

“You could’ve made it easy Sungmin.”

I looked over at my father, but my tears were making it hard for me to see him. I blinked and and when my vision became more clear, I saw that my father was no longer standing there, but instead it was JungHoon…

“You should’ve given up when you signed the contract.” JungHoon said, “But because you didn’t, you endangered the lives of Sandeul and Kyuhyun. And look where that lead you…”

I was shaking with anger and sadness.

Murder.”

NO!!!” I shouted.

“Yes. And now you must pay for what you’ve done.” JungHoon replied, “You’ve taken two innocent lives, so theres only one choice. To take your life.”

“What!?” I stared at him shocked.

I felt myself hurting. I felt pain all over my arms and legs. When I looked down at my arms, they had bruises and fresh cuts that were bleeding. I felt lightheaded and I had a sharp pain in my stomach. With whatever strength I had, I clutched my aching stomach.

“H-He…. H-Help m-me…” I choked out.

JungHoon just scoffed, then laughed evilly before leaving the room. Leaving me to die… The pain was unbearable and it lasted for what seemed like forever. But by the time I was nearing my last breath, I heard a voice… Not just any voice, but an angels…

“Sungmin!” It said, “Wake up!”




 

Wake up...?




 

I opened my eyes and looked up. My angel, Kyuhyun. He was sitting next to me, holding me.

“Ah~” Kyuhyun sighed, “You’re awake, I was worried. You were breathing heavy, and talking in your sleep and-”

I interrupted him by wrapping my arms around his neck, “I’m so glad you’re here!”

Kyuhyun seemed confused, “What do you mean?”

I can’t tell him what happened. I hesitated before replying, “I love you. Promise me you’ll stay safe.”

Kyuhyun pulled away from me a little, “Min, are you sure you’re alright?”

I said nothing, I just stared into his beautiful eyes.

“Do you have a fever?” He asked placing his hand on my forehead, “Should we cancel our appointment today with Lee Soo Man?”

I shook my head, “No. Just as long as you’ll stay there by my side.”

Kyuhyun nodded, “Of course, I won’t just leave you there alone.”

I gave him a soft smile. That dream made me realize how much I truly love and need Kyuhyun. Maybe it was a sign that I’m taking things for granted, like everything he does for me. I do nothing in return, so maybe I should start to… Or maybe… That dream was a sign… A sign that something terrible is going to happen… Whatever the case is, I better stay alert. I need to protect Kyuhyun at all costs… Kyuhyun’s been protecting me for a long time, now it’s my turn…





 

Sandeul POV-

“Hi, welcome to Deullie’s Cafe, how may I help you?” I asked the lady behind the counter.

Sungmin isn’t working today since he has to go with Kyuhyun to try out for Super Junior. I sure hope that being in Super Junior keeps him safe… I handed the lady her order and attended to the next person behind her.

“Hi, welcome to Deullie’s Cafe, how may I-” I looked up, “Y-You!”

“Oh, Jung Hwan… H-Hi…”

It was that guy. The one that showed up to my door and insulted me. What was his name again…?

“What do you want?” I asked angrily.

“Well I remember you told me that this cafe is better than ours, so I came to see if you were correct…” He said.

I scoffed, “Yeah, well I don’t have time for you, so please either order something or get out.”

“Is that anyway to treat a customer?” He asked, “You could be fired… Where’s the manager? I’d like to see him.”

“The manager?” I asked.

He nodded.

“He um…. He’s not here at the moment. He… Went out! To get… Um… More supplies….” I lied.

“Okay, I’ll wait.” He said and sat down in one of the stools across from the counter, “Oh and could you get me a coffee please? Decaf.”

He handed me some money and I sighed as I accepted his request. I headed into the back and made the coffee for him. I looked over at him through the counter window. How dare he even have the nerves to show up in front of me again. I swear if he insults me again, I’ll kill him.

I walked out of the back and handed him his coffee, “Here.”

“Thank you.” He replied.




 

***




 

After sometime passed by, it started to get dark and before I knew it, it was closing time. That guy was still here, but he was passed out on the counter.

I sighed and tapped his shoulder, "Excuse me, I have to close up... Come on... Wake up!"

The guy shot up from his seat when I shouted.

He looked at me sleepily, "W-What...?"

"We're closing. Can you kindly get out of my shop?"

The boy thought for a moment, then smirked. I stared at him confused until I realized what I had said…

"Ah, so this is your shop... Which means, you're the manager!" He shouted happily, but then his smile faded a bit, "Which means the last time we met, I... Insulted you..."

I blinked a few times at him.

"Damn! I'm so sorry!! I didn't mean anything I said! Really!” He apologised.

“I-It’s alright…” I replied.

“Let me make it up to you!” He said.

“N-No, that’s alright, you don’t have too… It’s fine…”

“Really, how about I give you a ride home?” He suggested.

“I-It’s really okay, I can wal-”

“Great! I’ll go wait out in my car while you close up!” He said and ran out the door.

I stared at the door confused for a moment or so… What’s wrong with him…? I sighed and closed up the cafe and then hesitated before heading toward his car. I opened the passengers door and awkwardly sat in the seat. The boy smiled at me and started the car. We headed off and after awhile I looked around. We’re no where near my house… Am I being kidnapped…?

“M-My house is t-that way…” I pointed behind us.

“I know.” He replied, “But I said that I would make it up to you for… you know, kind of insulting you… And I knew you wouldn’t agree no matter how much I asked… But don’t think of it as kidnapping, think of it as… Friendly being taken away…”

“Oh yeah, saying it like that makes it so much better…” I rolled my eyes.

“Oh calm down, we’re almost there.” He replied.

I sighed and looked out the window. All I wanna do is go home…



 

Sungmin POV-

“Alright Sungmin, are you ready to show me what you’ve got?” Lee Soo Man asked.

I lightly nodded. I do admit, I’m not prepared to be in a boyband… I’m not prepared for this audition! I’m actually quite frightened! But I’ll just do what Kyuhyun told me, “You’re our savior Sungmin, so give it your all!”

We were starting with my singing. I chose to sing another piece that I wrote called, Stained. After Kyuhyun mentioning my father, I had thought about when I was younger, before we ever had SungJin, before we were low on money, before…. We left him all alone… I took a deep breath before beginning. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLVka5KnDPA)



 

Your hand on my hair

Because I can’t forget it

I need to drown my pained hurt in your familiarity again


 

As I sang, I was flooded with thoughts of my father when I was younger. The first thing I remembered was when I was four. He would always place me on his shoulders and run around while I would hold my arms out, pretending I could actually fly. It was something we would do often because I loved it.


 

The moment your hand touched me

I started to be stained

With your color, with your familiarity

While forsaking everything that is me


 

I then remembered the last few moments we shared together before we left him. We were sitting on a bench in the park when my father turned to me and said,

“Sungminnie, when I was your age, my father told me something that I will never forget.” He said.

“What is it appa?” I questioned.

“Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and most importantly, never regret anything that makes you smile.” He replied.

I looked up at him. He had a far out look in his eyes.

I leaned my head against his arm, “Don’t worry appa, I’ll never regret you.”



 

Stained, I’m stained inside your love

Stained, with your love that I can’t escape

While forsaking everything that is me

Inside your ever-growing love, I am now


 

And that was actually the only time I’ve ever seen my father cry tears of joy.


 

Engraved by the fingertips, as the wound that grazed my neck

Lingering inside my heart, now with you I am


 

Everything after we left him was just pain inside my heart. Even if I say a thousand times that I hate him, I don’t mean it. I miss the father that was always happy being with his son... I miss... my father….


 

Stained, I’m stained inside your love

Stained, with your love that I can’t escape

While forsaking everything that is me, inside the ever-growing

love of yours, I am now stained



 

When I finished singing, I opened my eyes, not even realizing that they were closed. Kyuhyun had tears slowly running down his face. Lee Soo Man gave me a soft smile and nod. I noticed that I also had tears running down my face. I immediately wiped them away.

Lee Soo Man was the first to break the silence, “Sungmin, I’m not exactly sure what your story is… But from the looks of you and Kyuhyun, I can tell there’s a lot of pain.”

I slowly nodded, “M-Mianhae..”

“I’ll give you two a few minutes.” He said before leaving the room.

The moment the door closed, I let all my sadness out. I began crying like I never have before. Kyuhyun rushed toward my side and hugged me tightly. No words were said. No words needed to be said.



 

Appa… Bogoshipoyo….



 

… Saranghae….



 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hi… It’s been… Weeks… ._. School . We’re leaving for state drama in a little bit, so my life has been crazy… But I finally got time to update(: And I made it long just because this was a very long wait… Well I’ll hopefully see you all this next weekend! Thankyu to my Commenters, Readers, and Subscribers!(: