Chapter 22

Raindrops From Heaven

Sungmin POV-

That next day after school, I tried a car wash type thing to raise money! But that didn’t work out too well because it started raining... I sighed and gave up on that plan... I began walking all around town looking for a job. But everywhere I tried either wasn’t hiring, or threw me out because they must’ve read the newspaper..... At this point in the day, the moon was out, places were closing, and I was ready to give up on my job search.... I’m never gonna raise fifty dollars at this rate... I pulled out what little money I found in my pockets. About three dollars.... I sighed. I looked around and saw a cafe. I shrugged and walked inside. I looked around and I guess I was the only one there... I walked up to the counter and waited for a moment.

A boy, about my age, (who even kinda looked like me), walked out while putting his coat on, “Hello... We’re closed... Didn’t you read the sign?”

I turned around and saw that the side that said ‘open’ was facing me, “O-Oh... S-Sorry...”

“No, it’s fine. What can I get you?” The boy asked.

“Oh.. Um... Just a cup of coffee please.” I replied.

The boy nodded and went in back to make it for me. After a moment, he came back out with the coffee. He handed it to me and sat across from me.

“So what’s your name?” He asked.

“Lee Sungmin.” I replied while sipping the coffee.

“Well, it’s nice to meet you Sungmin-ssi, I’m Lee Sandeul.” The boy replied, “I’m the owner of this cafe.”

I nodded, “I-It’s nice to meet you too...”

“Is there something wrong? You seem sad.” Sandeul replied.

I sighed, “Well, I-I’ve been... Bullied lately... And my...” I thought over my words carefully, “B-Best friend.... Just left to Japan for a year... And I want to learn martial arts to protect myself, but it’s fifty dollars. I don’t have any money and I’ve looked everywhere for a job, but no one will hire me...”

“Do you want to apply here?” He asked.

I looked up, “R-Really!?”

He laughed and nodded, “Yeah! I need help anyways because... Well... I’m the only one who works here...”

“Really?” I asked, “How come you never hired anyone?”

“I do... But... They all think I’m weird, so they quit the next day...”

“I don’t think you’re weird...” I replied.

“Really!? Oh thank you! S-So... Would you l-like to be hired here?”

I nodded vigorously, “Yes! Yes I would. And I promise that I won’t leave the next day.”

Sandeul ran around the counter and picked me up into a hug, my feet, not touching the ground, “THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I was a little shocked, but laughed, “Y-You’re welcome.”

He set me down and smiled at me, “You can start tomorrow!”

I smiled, “Thank you!”

He nodded.

I finished my coffee and I moved the cup away before Sandeul took it, “I’ll take care of it.”

He smiled and ruffled my hair, “Aigoo... That’s my good worker!”

I laughed, walked into the back and cleaned cleaned the cup. My new manager and I exited the cafe, locking the door behind us.

“I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said.

Sandeul nodded and I took my leave. I began walking away until I was stopped.

“Y-Yah! S-Sungmin-ssi... D-Do you want a ride?”

I turned around, “I-I wouldn’t want to t-trouble you...”

“It’s no trouble at all! I don’t mind!” Sandeul replied.

I smiled and walked back toward him. He opened the car door for me and closed it after I got out. Just like Kyuhyun used to do.... Sandeul walked to his side of the car, got in, and started the car. Sandeul drove while I gave the directions. Halfway into the car ride, my cell phone began ringing. I looked at the Caller ID. It was a number I didn’t recognize, so I didn’t answer it. Though, after a moment or so, they called again... This time, I answered...

“Yobosayo?”

“Hello Sungmin.”

The voice was deep and almost frightening...

“W-Who is this?” I questioned.

Sandeul looked at me confused.

“My name does not need to be said, now-” The person replied.

“K-Kyu... S-Stop m-messing with m-me....” I replied.

“This isn’t your beloved Kyuhyun.... Now listen closely... If you want to stop all the bullying, all the rumors, and all the fighting from G.O., follow my instructions carefully... Step one, go to the abandoned warehouse tomorrow at one o’clock sharp with your cellphone and a piece of ID. Step two, call this number back and I will direct you from there. Do not tell anyone about this, and do not bring anyone with you. Do I make myself clear?” The person said.

I thought a moment before replying, “And... W-What if I... D-Don’t show up...?”

“If you don’t.... You might never see your precious Kyuhyun again.” They said before hanging up.

With my mouth hanging open, I slowly took the phone away from my ear.

“What’s wrong?” Sandeul asked parking the car at my house.

“T-They... T-The b-bullies I was talking about....” I said softly.

“Don’t worry about them! I can protect you!!” Sandeul stated.

“S-Sandeul... Y-You d-don’t have to-”

I was interrupted by my phone ringing again. I looked down and saw an unknown number again... A-Are they calling back? Before I could answer, Sandeul took my phone...

“Stop bullying Sungminnie! He doesn’t deserve this!” Sandeul shouted into the phone.

“What!? Who is this? Where’s Sungmin?”

I recognized the voice on the other line.... That’s Kyuhyun!!!

I grabbed the phone from Sandeul’s hands, “K-Kyu!? Hello!?”

“Sungmin! Are you alright? Who are you with?” Kyuhyun asked me.

“I-I’m fine... I’m with....” I looked at Sandeul, “A-A friend...”

I was not about to tell Kyuhyun that I got a job so I can earn money and be in a martial arts class... He’s probably get worried and wouldn’t let me do it!

“Oh, alright, well, I’ll stop interrupting and let you two go back to hanging out. Love you. Good night.” He said.

“L-Love you too... G-G’night...” I replied before hanging up.

“I-I’m sorry... I thought they were calling back... Who was that anyway?” Sandeul asked.

“M-My.... My brother!” I replied.

“Oh. Okay... Well... Tell him I’m sorry, next time you talk to him.”

I nodded, “O-Okay... I will... T-Thank you for the ride home.”

I opened the car door and got out, but left the door open so I could say goodbye.

“See you tomorrow at work.” Sandeul said.

I nodded, “See ya.”

I closed the door and watched as Sandeul drove away. I wonder what that first call was about...

You might never see your precious Kyuhyun again.

But he’s in Japan... He’s coming back in a year.... I’ll see my Kyuhyunnie again... Even if I don’t go... R-Right...?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone!!!! I am back from camp!! Well... I was back from camp on the 16th, but I was still trying to write this chapter, plus I was super tired :P Haha, anyways,I am back with more chapters! All I have to do is go to summer school this week, then I can write more!! But I will try to update as much as I can this week! Thankyu to all my commenters readers and subscribers!! I love you all!! :D