Chapter 19

Raindrops From Heaven

Kyuhyun POV-

“Manager hyung, you can’t make me do this!” I said as Sungmin and I followed him to his car in the parking lot.

“Yes I can Kyuhyun. It’s already been decided. You’re doing the movie and there’s nothing you can do to stop it.” My manager said as he got in his car. He rolled down the window, “I’m sorry Kyuhyun, but it’s out of my control now. Have fun and good luck... Your flight leaves tomorrow.”





 

Sungmin POV-

Kyuhyun’s manager rolled up the car window and Kyuhyun began banging on the window shouting, “You can’t do this to me! What about Sungmin!!? I don’t want to go!”

I grabbed Kyuhyun’s arm and pulled him back, trying to get him to stop. His manager began to drive away, leaving Kyuhyun frustrated.

“Sungmin! Why’d you pull me back! Now there’s nothing I can do!!!!” Kyuhyun shouted at me.

“Kyuhyun! There was nothing you could’ve done in the first place!” I yelled, “Face it! You’re leaving!”

I turned away from Kyuhyun so he wouldn’t see my tears that were threatening to fall. I admit, I don’t want him to leave.... A whole year without Kyuhyun? I guess all good things do come to an end....

Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around me from behind, “Sungmin, I don’t want to leave you.”

“I don’t want you to leave...” I replied quietly, “There's nothing we can do though...”

Kyuhyun sighed, “... I.... I know...”



 

_________________________________________________________________________________



 

Kyuhyun and I headed home. I cracked his bedroom door open just a little and quietly watched him pack. Kyuhyun folded a shirt, then placed it in the suitcase.

After that he sighed, “Sungmin, I know you’re standing there.”

I was a little shocked, but I slowly opened the door and walked in, closing it behind me. I leaned against the door.

Kyuhyun sat down on his bed and looked at the floor, “If I had any choice, I would either take you with me, or not do the movie at all... But none of those are choices... And I hate it.”

“It’s alright... I-I’m happy for you... I-I know you’ll d-do good with your m-movie...” I said on the verge of tears.

Kyuhyun looked up at me and sighed. I looked at the floor, trying to hide my tears. Kyuhyun stood up and pulled me toward him for a hug.

“Don’t hold in your tears Min.” He said.

That’s when I lost it. I gripped the back of his shirt and let all my tears flow.

“Kyu, I’m.... G-Gonna miss you..... S-So m-much....” I said between sobs.

Kyuhyun hugged me tighter and pet my hair, “I-I know Min.... I’m gonna miss you too...”

My crying started to die down after a few moments and I pulled away from Kyuhyun, “Promise me that you won’t forget me and everything we had.”

Kyuhyun pulled me back and hugged me tighter, “Sungmin, I will never forget you. Remember, I’ll be back soon. I love you with all my heart.”

I softly smiled and hugged him back, “I love you too.”

Kyuhyun pulled away this time, cupped my face with both his hands and brought my face toward his.... His lips on mine and mine on his. I finally am kissing the love of my life. It was sweet and calm. It was fantastic and amazing. It was romantic and I saw sparks fly. It was my first kiss, stolen by my only love, Cho Kyuhyun. We pulled away after a moment and stared into each other’s eyes. A tear rolled down my face and Kyuhyun wiped it.

“I love you Min.” Kyuhyun said.

“I love you too Kyu.”

I slept in Kyuhyun’s bed that night, cuddling the night away with my love. I don’t know what I’m going to do when he’s gone....




 

__________________________________________________________________________________




 

The morning came sooner than we wanted it to. We’re at the airport and Kyuhyun will be leaving in about thirty minutes. We’ve been here for an hour. He hasn’t checked in just yet. When I asked why, he told me that he wanted to spend as much time as he can with me before he leaves. Right now, we’re sitting on a bench outside. Just sitting in each other’s embrace.

“It’s gonna be so hard being away from home.” Kyuhyun said.

“Yeah, Korea does have that special thing that keeps you her-”

“Sungmin, I meant you.”

I looked up at Kyuhyun, “W-What...?”

“My home is wherever you are Min.” Kyuhyun replied.

I hugged him again, “Kyu, that’s the sweetest thing anyone’s ever said to me.”

Kyuhyun laughed and hugged me again.

He checked the time and sighed, “I think I have to get going...”

I took a deep breath, then let it go. We both stood up. I walked with Kyuhyun as he gave his bags to the lady at the airport, then stood next to him before he had to give up his ticket to the lady and enter where I couldn’t go.

“I guess this is it?” Kyuhyun said.

I stared at the floor, trying not to cry. Kyuhyun gave me a huge, long hug.

“I’m gonna miss you so much.” He said.

“I’m gonna miss you more.” I replied.

“I will call you every night. Okay?”

“But I don’t have a cell phone Kyu...”

“Well, go check the kitchen counter when you get home.” Kyuhyun winked.

“Kyu!! You bought me a phone!?” I hit him playfully, “You didn’t have to... But thanks...”

Kyuhyun laughed and smiled, “Anytime.”

We hugged one last time, then slowly pulled away.

Kyuhyun looked into my eyes, “I’ll be back in a year.”

I slowly nodded as I finally let my tears fall.

“I love you Min.”

“I love you too Kyu.”

Kyuhyun sighed. He kissed my cheek, then turned around, handed the lady his ticket, and started on his way to Japan. We waved to each other until we couldn’t see each other anymore. I sighed, sat down in one of the chairs and stared at the ground. It’s over. Kyuhyun’s gone. I won’t forget him. I just have to remember, a year is not that long. I love you Kyu, be safe.