Chapter 37

Raindrops From Heaven

Sungmin POV-

A week had passed by and Jung Hoon had already announced his latest plan. To send Super Junior off early for their tour. Obviously I wouldn’t be able to come with them, so that’s why he did that. But Kyuhyun had a plan. A better plan than Jung Hoon’s. A plan that I don’t know, because Kyuhyun’s been keeping it a secret from me!! He told me that we have to wait till Monday for the plan to take action, so by the time Monday came, I couldn’t wait to hear the plan.

I woke up Monday morning in Kyuhyun’s arms. I looked up and saw that he was still asleep. I smiled and tried to get out of his tight embrace, but he held on tighter.

“Don’t leave.” He said in a raspy voice.

“Are you awake?” I asked him.

“No, I’m sleeping.” He replied.

I looked up at him confused. He peeked his right eye open and smiled at me.

I silently laughed and hit his chest playfully, “Is it bad that I almost believed you?”

Kyuhyun laughed also and kissed my nose, “You’re so innocent.”

I blushed, “S-Sorry…”

He smiled and kissed my lips.

That’s when I remembered, “Oh! It’s Monday!! I can finally know the plan!!”

Kyuhyun smiled, “Well we have to get changed first, then I’ll tell you.”

“Then what are we waiting for!?”

I tried to get up, only to be pulled back down by Kyuhyun.

“No!! Don’t leave!! It’s so warm!” Kyuhyun cried.

I sighed, “Alright, only five more minutes.”

Kyuhyun smiled, “Okay.”

Well, Kyuhyun and I ended up staying for longer than five minutes. By then I practically had to drag him out of bed. We both quickly got ready, then headed out of the room.

“Hey you two, good luck with the plan today!” Sandeul called to us from the kitchen.

“Thanks Sandeul!” I replied.

Kyuhyun and I grabbed our coats and headed out to his car…




 

Sandeul POV-

I waved to Sungmin and Kyuhyun as they drove off. I sighed after they left and headed back inside.

“Why does my heart feel so much pain whenever I see them together? I should be over Sungmin… Maybe I just need a little help getting over him… But how?” I said to myself.

I sighed again and began cleaning the house. It’s not like I have anything better to do… I cleaned and cleaned for about a half an hour. Shouldn’t they be back by now? Just at that moment, almost as if planned, I heard a knock at the door. Ah, they must be back- Wait… If Sungmin has the keys, why is he knocking?

I set down the broom I was holding and headed toward the door. Just to be safe and make sure it wasn’t that evil manager, I checked through the peep hole. I saw some boy standing there. I opened the door and he looked up happily.

“Hi! Um… Is this the um… Lee residence?” The boy asked looking down at a clipboard.

I raised an eyebrow in confusion, “Um… Yes?”

“Ah okay, so you must be Lee Jung Hwan. Yes?” He questioned while still looking down at his clipboard.

“Yes…?” I replied.

“Right! Okay, well, I’m going around this neighborhood handing out these fliers for-” The boy looked up.

We made eye contact with each other. I was waiting for the boy to continue, but he never did and the atmosphere was starting to get awkward...

I coughed to break the silence, “Are you uh… Gonna finish your sentence…?”

The boy snapped out of his trance and blushed, “A-Ah, y-yes… I’m ask around the neighborhood handing out these fliers for the new cafe downtown!”

“New cafe?” I asked.

The boy nodded, “Y-Yeah, it opens on Sunday. We’re hoping to make it the best cafe in town!”

“Well, looks like I’ve got competition…” I mumbled.

“E-Excuse me?” The boy asked.

I looked up and gave him my best smile, “Look, um…”

“Baro. My name is Baro.”

“Right… Baro…” I handed him back the flier, “I don’t think I’ll be visiting any other cafe anytime soon.”

“Other?” Baro asked.

I nodded, “That’s right, Cafe Deullie is the only best cafe there is!”

“Cafe Deullie? Isn’t the owner of that really poor and lonely?” Baro asked.

I tried to hold back my anger, “Wha- No. No he’s not.”

“O-Oh, I’m sorry… I hope I didn’t offend you… Are you and the owner close friends?”

“Closer than you think…” I mumbled.

“I’m sorry?”

“N-Never mind.” I said, “I’ll prove to you that Cafe Deullie is the best cafe! Just you watch!” I said before closing the door.

Pshh, who does he think he is, knocking at my door and calling me poor and lonely! I’m not lonely, I have Sungmin! Well… When he’s not with Kyuhyun… A-And I’m not poor either! I have money!!... Some, not much… But… That’s not the point! I’ll prove to that ‘Baro’ that my cafe is better than any other cafe in Seoul! This. Is. War.




 

Kyuhyun POV-

WAIT, WHA-

I immediately covered Sungmin’s mouth with my hand.

“Kyuhyun, this will take thought…” Lee Soo Man replied.

“How much thought?” I questioned.

“Well, I haven’t even heard him sing… Plus I need to know how his dancing skills are and-”

“So you’re saying that if he qualifies, you’ll let Sungmin in Super Junior?” I asked.

“If he meets the requirements, then I think it can be arranged…” Lee Soo Man replied.

I smiled, but still covered Sungmin’s mouth so that he couldn’t protest.

“How about we see your skills this Saturday in the practice room. Huh Sungmin?”

Sungmin was too much in shock to reply, so I replied for him, “We’ll be there.”

I made Sungmin stand and we bowed. Lee Soo Man did the same and Sungmin and I left. Sungmin was in shock up until we got into the elevator. The minute the elevator doors closed, Sungmin started punching me.

“Yah!” I grabbed his hands, “Why are you hitting me!? You should be thanking me instead!”

This was your plan!?” Sungmin shouted, “I can’t do this! You saw how unpopular I was at school, always getting beat up, having no friends. What makes you think the world will accept me in Super Junior, if I can’t even be accepted as a human at a high school!?”

“But what if they do accept you?” I asked, “Think about it, you’ll be well known, G.O. or anyone won’t have the courage to beat you up because if they did, they’d probably get a worse beating, and… Well… Maybe even you father will finally accept you!"

I realized what I had just said and regretted it… Sungmin didn’t reply, so I looked over at him. He was staring at the floor and I watched as a tear fell from his eyes.

“S-Sungmin-"

“My father will never accept me for anything. He wouldn’t even allow me to do half the things I’ve done so far in my life. If he saw me now, I’d probably be dead. And even if I get into Super Junior,” The elevator doors opened, “I’ll still never have the chance to say I had two loving parents by my side.”

Sungmin exited the elevator, leaving me to just stand there. I watched him walk off as the elevator doors closed. I didn’t mean to make him cry and I didn’t mean to mention his father. It just suddenly slipped out. My plan was supposed to make things better for the both of us, though it seems it’s only making things worse for Sungmin.

I hit my head on the wall of the elevator, “I am the worst boyfriend, ever.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Busy, Busy, Busy!! That’s author-nim for ya! Aish, school work needs to slow down! Anyways, first of all, Happy Hump Day!(; And secondly, I have new Subscribers!! So welcome to all of you lovely people!! :D Haha! Thankyu to my Commenters, Readers, and Subscribers! I’ll see you whenever I update! (Not gonna promise the weekend again, just in case).