Chapter 1

Raindrops From Heaven

Sungmin POV-

I longed for him more than anyone would ever know... If anyone even knew who I was... Hi, I’m Lee Sungmin. I don’t have the best life unlike all the kids that go to this school. Most the kids that go to this school have it good, yet I still hear them complaining that their hair is messed up and most of them worrying about their makeup, and I’m not just talking about the girls.

Most of the people at this school, I guess you could call, “preppy”. Just about every girl cakes her face with makeup. They have awful personalities, almost like a bunch of witches are floating around the place and somehow, they all have boyfriends.

As for the “other” girls, they still have better lives than me. Sure, some of them wear makeup, but not as much as those stuck up brats guys call “pretty”. But everyone in this school is too good for me. Especially him. He is like a gift from god. His face painted from the heavens above.... Okay, so I’m gay. But theres nothing wrong with that, is there?... Well... Maybe there is... Maybe that’s why I’ve kept it a secret all my life... I never thought I would be gay, but seeing his face for the first time made me this way... I would love to talk to him... I would love to talk to anyone, but nobody knows I exist.

At lunch, I sit all by myself. I have no friends, no one to talk to and no one to be there when I need help. I’m always picked on because I’m “skinny”. It’s not really my fault though. My mother died about a year ago, leaving me with my idiot father who does nothing but drink beer and watch football all day. The only thing he ever really does is send me to do scroll upon scrolls of chores. Once I finish one thing, I never really get a break. He sends me right back to work. By the time I’m finished it’s almost nightfall, so my father sends me straight to bed. I never get any food because I never learned how to cook and it’s not like my father would ever feed me.

The only real reason I get up in the morning and come to school is him. He’s the only thing that keeps me waking up at dawn. Just seeing his smiling face makes me feel so much better about the world. He makes me forget about my life at home. But if he ever noticed me, he’d probably just tell me that I’m pathetic, useless, and a waste of space. Believe me, I’ve heard worse, but if I were to hear it from him, I would probably die. If I don’t die from my father first. If I do not finish my chores, or do whatever my father instructs me to do, I get beat for it. When I get ready in the morning, I do all I can to hide all the bruises and scars I have. What also adds on to the terror is that I do get beat at school. If you told me to point out one person in this school that is my friend, or even knows my name, I couldn’t. But now that you know, I’ll stop flooding you with information about me.

The final bell rang, releasing a bunch of happy fifteen to eighteen year olds out into the free world. I put my notebook and loose papers all into a messy pile and shoved it in my backpack. I threw the pack over my shoulder and walked out the door leading me outside. I try my hardest to hide behind a crowd of people, so I don’t get beat up, but everytime I try to-

“Ah~ There’s our little muskrat.” G.O said grabbing me by the collar of my shirt and bringing me to eye level.

Like I was saying, everyday I try to hide within a large crowd of people, but they always seem to find me. Who? You ask. The three main bullies. Seungho, Thunder, and their leader G.O.

“You tryin’ to hide from us again muskrat?” Thunder blurted out.

They all once had dreams before they became like this. Seungho and Thunder wanted to be dancers while G.O wanted to pursue his singing career. On April 16th, they had their chance to make it, to make their dreams come true. But that all came crashing down for them when fourteen amazing male dancers/singers came along. Everyone had to audition, but in less than a week, those fourteen lucky people became known as one (Super Junior), leaving Seungho, Thunder and G.O with their dreams crushed. Since they didn’t make it into Super Junior, they needed someone to take their anger out on. This is where I come in. Ever since the day they got rejected, I’ve been their target, mostly because they know I am weak.

G.O threw me toward the hard cold ground, “So what do you think the penalty for trying to hide should be?” He asked turning to Thunder.

“Well, I say we make him eat garbage, because you know, you are what you eat.” Thunder responded.

“I say we just beat him till he can’t breathe.” Seungho interrupted.

I laid on the ground unable to stand horrified about what they will do to me. Knowing I’ll get more of whatever it is at home for coming home late. They all stared at me, conducting their plan for today’s beating.

“I can agree with that plan.” G.O said.

All three of the boys began kicking, punching, slapping, doing whatever they wanted to me. I was like their little rag doll. Unable to move, being controlled by someone bigger and stronger than me. Everyone had gone home, so there was no one to witness what action is taking place. The guys tossed me from left to right, kicking until I couldn’t breathe, punching until I was bleeding, and slapping until they felt satisfied.

“This is what you get muskrat!” G.O shouted and with all his force, he brought his foot backward and forward with the most force ever making everything turn black.

Am I dead? Because it’s a fine option at this point.

“How do you like us now?” Thunder shouted.

I wasn’t dead. I could still hear their piercing voices, I could still feel their kicks sinking deeply, doing all they can to hurt me. I realized that I probably would not be conscious, or even alive for long, so I started stating my prayers.

“Seungho, I think you should kick harder. I don’t think he feels the pain yet.” I heard G.O command.

“So like this?” Seungho asked.

I braced myself for another really hard kick, but this time created by the school’s soccer champ, Seungho. I could feel him bring his foot back and swing forward until it-

“Yah! What are you doing!?” A voice yelled from somewhere not too far away.

I did all I could to open my eyes to see this mystery person, but my vision is so blurry. All I see for the few seconds my eyes are open is Seungho and Thunder being held by their collars by a tall man with short brown wavy hair. Then everything, my entire world went black.