Chapter 23: White Confession

This is War: A Story of Friendship, Betrayal and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo's eyes widened when he saw Julia's eyes fluttered open, still dazed from her slumber. It didn't take for her long enough to realize what was going on, with him inches away from her face and pushed him back. 

"What were you doing?" she mumbled, her voice hoarse and still full of sleep as she tried to sit up. 

Myungsoo felt his cheeks turn hot and he opened and closed his mouth but his voice had failed him. Julia gave him a look of concern and confusion and it made Myungsoo's heart beat even harder against his chest. It was a miracle that she is unable to hear it. 

Her eyes scanned his face and her hand went up to his forehead, his whole body becoming rigid from the sudden contact. "Are you feeling alright, L?' she asked with a concern tone. 

"Er... Well-"

"Why is your face red?" she questioned, her head tilting to the side as she scrutinize him, her fingers were like feather light against his burning skin. 

"Jules... I can explain-" Myungsoo stammered as he tried to form a coherent sentence but he was interrupted again by Julia who has both her eyebrows raised at the boy. 

"L, you're trembling. Are you sure you are okay?" her hand never once left his face. Her voice was still hoarse and tired. "Your voice even sounds weird." she pointed out, her eyes meeting dark ones. 

He felt as if she was staring into his soul, he gulped and able to finally feel his limbs covered his face with his hands out of embarrassment. Myungsoo felt her hands leave him and heard a muffled sound. He peeked through his fingers to find her chuckling at his awkwardness.

"I wasn't sure..." she began her hands finding his and she slowly tried to pull it away from his face. Even when she managed to do so, he turned away from her. She let out another light chuckle, a sweet melody to his ears. 

"What are you talking about?" he asked his throat suddenly going dry, glancing shyly at her. Julia gave a small smile, her hands over his hands. 

"I thought I was dreaming... Dreaming that you confessed your feelings to me." she said slowly, her eyes finding his once more. Myungsoo looked up and felt like he was going to die from an anxiety attack. 

"And... were you trying to kiss me?" Julia blurt out. He completely forgot how straightforward this girl was and he wasn't sure whether to lie or tell the truth. The fact that she actually heard him confess... ther

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter