Chapter 33: 60 Seconds

This is War: A Story of Friendship, Betrayal and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Julia was scared: even the slightest movement made her jump. The ride back to their mothership was a rocky one, the roads that was one tarred smoothly were now covered with sand and portholes. She was never this close into enemy lines before, pretending to be one of them. The thought that she is actually hunted down gives her goosebumps down her spine and she was breaking out into cold sweat. Even fighting and killing aliens didn't feel as terrifying as this. She hoped that she wasn't shaking so much. She already made an enemy out of one of the Shape Shifters and she didn't want to comrpomise Daeho if they found out that they've been tricked. 

The other reason that she was being so jumpy was that she can't feel Hoya's presence. The further she was away from him the more she felt like she was going to break. For someone who was so calm and collected, she was shaking to the bone right that very moment. With every dreaded step she took, she felt the link between them became weaker. She didn't know why she never thought of testing out how far their telepathy could go. She took it for granted that he would be there for her when she was in trouble. 

The feeling that the bond between her and her brother was slowly diminishing brought her back to the accident months ago.

Julia was officially having a rough day. First, her brother purposely kicked her chair resulting to her changing the dress she clearly wanted to show her boyfriend. Secondly, the fact that he already did that earlier in the morning, now her brother made her cancel her date night with her boyfriend to fetch their mother when it was clearly his turn to do it. Thirdly, the fact that they have a telepathy connection between them does not make her life any better at all. In fact, it became worse. 

If she could she wished she wasn't born with this telepathy connection with her brother. 

When she didn't have a boyfriend it was fine and she didn't mind it so much. In fact she thought it was cool that the both of them were able to finish each other's sentences and all that. Now, when she has one, he became this green eyed jealous monster from the depths of hell. She let out a huff and chucked her chemistry book into her bag and zipped it up. 

She felt two hands blocking her vision and all anger seemed to have vanished, realising who these hands belong to. "I know it's you jagiya." she said her hands pulling his down from her eyes. Lee Minhyuk snorted and pull a chair out from the desk and sat next to her. 

"How would you know it's me?" he asked her, his head leaning on his arm.

"How could I not?" she asked raising an eyebrow at him. 

All she wanted was to spend the day with her boyfriend but she can't even do that. Just because her brother had to be the hardworking one and start going for extra classes given by lecturers and what not she had to do the dirty work. Must he ruin her social life? 

"Are we on tonight?" he asked as he watched her packed her belongings. "My sister lent me the car so I thought we could drive up to the beach after the movie and dinner?"

Julia felt so bad that he actually planned everything for their night out and she had to be the bad person to cancel on their date... Again. 

This month she had probably cancelled on him 3 times. All because of her idiotic brother who was out to ruin her life.

She fiddled with the zipper, avoiding his gaze. He sighed, knowing that look. 

"We are not going out tonight aren't we..." his voice cold. 

"I am sorr-"

'What's the excuse this time?" he cut her off, his body more rigid now. 

She was taken aback by his cold demenour but answered him anyway. "I have to fetch my mother later at 6pm. Hoya can't do it cause his professor is holding an extra class." 

Minhyuk scoffed at this and drummed his fingers on the wooden table. "Sometimes I wonder do you even put in effort." 

"Are you serious right now?" she asked him exasperated. "Of course I am putting effort into our relationship, jagi." 

His eyes were piercing as he narrowed them at her accusingly. "It doesn't feel like it. It feels like you are having a re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter