Chapter 5: Request

This is War: A Story of Friendship, Betrayal and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Julia watched her brother fall to the ground, not from the bullet but his captures that held him up were shot. Droplets of blood covered the sandy ground and this made Minhyuk infuriated. He let Julia go, making her fall to the ground and took out his gun, his eyes wild with anger as he turned around. 

"Where are you?!" he shouted, his gun armed and ready. The others went after her but she quickly took out her gun and started shooting her potential attackers. Unable to shoot from such a position, Julia pulled herself towards Hoya, dragging her body towards Hoya's form but before she could get close to him, his body disappeared. "No!" she screamed, panicking. 

She felt someone grabbed her by the neck and her hands flew to the sudden force around her neck. She tried to fight if off but her vision was becoming fuzzy. Julia's legs dangled in the air as she was brought towards Eunhyuk, his eyes olive green and his pupils dilate. He gave a sickening smile, his tongue peeping out from his lips like a snake looking at his prey. "Do you think you can actually get away?" he asked, his long fingernails brushed the side of her face, leaving scratches at its wake. "Hmm?" she choked and gagged as her airways became even more restricted. 

"Such a shame. You can be one of us, dear Julia." he mumbled, studying her. 

"Please don't do this." she croaked out, her face becoming blue from the lack of oxygen. "You are a rebellion. Whoever goes against the Master is no friend of the Master." Eunhyuk said, his voice sounding almost robotic. He raised his hand and was about to finish her off when suddenly, she felt the tightness disappear and she immediately fell to the ground. 

Julia coughed and watched two men pushing her attacker away. She pushed herself back, unsure what was going on. She needed to find Hoya. She doesn't know where he was and she was at a disadavantage with her broken legs.  

"Your brother is safe. Casey has him." Her whole body became rigid as the foreign voice entered her mind. 

"I know you have so many questions right now but you need to get out of here."  

"Why should I trust you?" her eyes darting around trying to find the source of the voice. 

"Where did you hide him, Julia?" Minhyuk growled snapping her out of her trance. 

"I don't know, Minhyuk please you have to believe me!" she screamed as he pressed the gun to her head. Before he could even pull the trigger, a shot was fired behind him and it went through his chest. She screamed when blood splattered all over her face and watched her attacker fall to his knees. Their eyes met for a brief moment and she watched his eyes that were yellow before turn to dark brown orbs. 

"I am sorry." he mouthed to her before falling down to the ground, his eyes closed for good. 

Julia was in too much shock to realize that people were calling her. Her vision became blurry and it didn't take long before she slipped into unconsciousness. 

---

He watched her.

It had been a good 8 days since they saved her and her brother. While her brother woke up a few days ago, his sister was still unconscious. 

He didn't know why he was there, next to her.

He didn't know why he felt a sudden attachment to her, someone he barely knew.

He continued to watch her as her chest rise and fall in a steady even rhythm. 

He watched her till it was daybreak before he disappeared from the room once more. 

He couldn't get emotionally attached, especially not to someone who reminded him so much of her. 

---

"Move!" 

"Lady, he isn't-"

"He is my brother and I say move!" she shouted back at the army officer but she didn't wait for him to move and barged into the tent. 

She saw him, unconscious and tubes stuck into every part of his body. Eveeryone turned around to look at the girl who scanned the room. 

"What are you doing? What... What..." her voice trailed off. 

"Someone get her out of here." 

"What are you doing to my brother?" 

"Someone get her out of here!" 

"Let me see my brother! What are you doing?!" 

Julia's eyes flew open, her brown eyes trying to take in her surroundings. The room she was in was pitch black, the only source of light was the heart monitor beeping and a dim light from the corner of the room. She let out a sigh and her fingers gripped the blanket. She slowly tried to remember how she got here, where she is. 

She remembered trying to escape. 

She remembered being ambushed. 

She remembered Hoya disappearing. 

Hoya.

She needed to find him and get out of here. 

Julia immediately threw the covers off and tried to move her legs but they felt heavy. She hissed in pain as she tried to move, only realizing that her legs were bandaged and a drip was poke into her arm. 

She wasn't going to be their experiment. 

She wasn't going to die in their captivity. 

Julia made so much noise that she didn't realize that she woke someone else, someone that was keeping watch of her. She didn't realize that he woke up from his slumber to see her trying to get out of her bed: a be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter