Chapter 30: Another Me

This is War: A Story of Friendship, Betrayal and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Julia shifted in her seat nervously as Dongwoo, Sungjong, Daeho, Hoya and Myungsoo scrutinized her. She gulped and waited for one of them to start talking or yelling. She doesn't really know how to control her power. All she knew was that with a simple touch, she could her power in an instant. But the question still remains: when she was with Myungsoo, she didn't absorbed his powers or Hoya's for that matter. 

Was this related to her emotions? 

"Why did you do that for Julia?" Hoya spoke first, a sigh escaped his lips. 

"Are you seriously asking me that? You know darn right well why I did that. I can't let Shinyi to take my place because of something I possess. I get it that she doesn't have anything left to lose but she was being foolish!" Julia cried out. 

"She had a solid plan and Daeho will be with her every step of the way. You doing this just jeapordized everything." he said, his tone raised at her. She raised and eyebrow and stood up from her seat, her arms crossed. 

He was right of course. She did not have a plan but this is Julia Lee Hwayoung. She is able to conjure something up. She just need a bit of time and not pressure from the boys in front of her. 

"And what happens if they find out that she isn't me? She will not stand a chance!" Julia pointed out her temper reaching boiling point. She turned to face her brother once more. "Hoya, you know what they are. You saw them first hand." 

"We all did-" but she interrupted him.

"You know that is not what I meant, Hoya. You and I saw how they ruthlessly killed mother." she said her tone serious. Hoya's gaze shifted and pursed his lips in thought. She turned to face Myungsoo who just kept silent throughout the whole ordeal. "Myungsoo, you saw what Eunhae is capable of. You saw what she did to your sister."  Feeling bolder, she walked up to the maknae and touched his cheek softly. "Jongie, you of all people should know what happens if they do not get what they want. Your brother had to pay the price." Sungjong hung his head and inhale a shaky breath as he did so. 

"I am trying to save Shinyi from facing that fate. She doesn't deserve to die." 

"And you do?" Myungsoo argued back. 

She turned to him and gave a small smile. "Who says I am going to die out there?" 

Pressing his temple, Dongwoo asked impatiently, "What do you have in mind?" 

"Right now, I have Shinyi's shape shifting powers. Sunggyu will definitely be coming on this raid to help find us and surrender us to them. If Sunggyu finds me which he definitely will, I will absorb his energy, shape shift into him and follow them back to the mother ship. When I absorb his energy, I want you to take him away to Jinju or wherever it is that we are going." 

"Sounds simple enough." Dongwoo said and she beamed. 

"The problem remains, we still don't know how long does the power last in you. What if halfway through the mission you return to your original form?" Hoya asked. 

While that was true that she doesn't know how long she can play the part as Kim Sunggyu, she was going to try it now. "We still have time. They will only come when the sun is up. I have plenty of time to practice." she pointed out but Daeho shook his head. "Even so, you will be too tired." 

"What do you suggest then, hyung?" Sungjong asked him, his eyebrow raised. He readily wanted to agree with her. They still had time but were they ready to take the risk? Then, he saw Daeho's hand reveal a silver foil that had a few blue tablets in them. "What is this?" her hand taking the tablets from him.  

"It's something Woohyun and I had been working on back in Safe Haven. By taking one of these blue tablets, you are able to shape shift into anyone you desire. If for some reason that power wears off Julia, she can take this tablet and remain as Sunggyu. When Shinyi told me that she was planning on going as you, I was prepared to be Julia." 

'Not again.' Julia thought and mentally smack herself. "Sunbae, as much as I appreciate your help but this is too much. I can't be the one putting you in danger. Not like this." she said taking the tablets but he quickly closed his palm, their eyes locked. 

"They want you, Julia. You are going to put everyone's lives in danger if I do not be you. Unless you want me to be Sunggyu hyung and you be..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter