Chapter 16: Alone

This is War: A Story of Friendship, Betrayal and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's taking too long! Did they find out?" 

The older one scoffed at how naive the younger one was. "They may possess power and they maybe higher up the human hierachy but their mere intelligence is of a mere cave man." 

"We should strike now, master. The longer we wait, the longer it is to-"

"Are you doubting our master's plan?" one of the three rebuked the other. The one who voiced his concern took a step back into the shadows and kept silent, knew that he stood out of line. "

"N-n-no." he bowed ashamed by the lack of faith they are showing to their master and his grand plan. He watched as the older one was about to strike him when the master spoke. 

"Stop this foolishness, the three of you." he said looking at the three hooded figures before him. The three of them bowed, the middle one bowing the lowest. "Yes, it is taking slightly longer than plan but as that human saying goes, 'patience is a virtue.' I think it is best we learn to practice that." 

The three of them exchanged glances at the words the master spoke because they know that their master is one who exercise the opposite of patience. 

"We are nothing like humans." the one who spoke first mumbled. 

"Exactly why we are helping them." the master said, his lips curling into a smile. Again, the three young bloods exchanged confused glances. "Did you forget that we are starting an evolution? Annihilating the entire human race to start a much stronger species?" When they did not respond, the master went on. "The time has come to an end where humans believe they are the only species in this universe, thinking they are Gods, immortal. HA!" his voice echoed around the empty room. 

"We will teach them a lesson that there are other life forms outside this pathetic place called Earth." the bolder one spoke and the other two goons nodded their head eagerly. 

"When do we strike?" 

"When the spies have given us the signal. When the humans are at their weakest point." 

The three of them exchanged confused glances at this news. 

"Spies? I thought we just sent one in?" 

The master cackled and look out the window to the ground below. "Humans believe what they want to see and hear. They are like lambs, lost and confused till their shepard guides them. Too darn trusting." 

"And that, will be the cause of their down fall." 

---

Myungsoo's POV

"NO!" Watching Haeyi fall onto her knees, blood splurting out of her chest where her heart used to be and blood trickling down her lips. Her eyes turned glassy and with one swift movement, she fell down to the ground, her black hair covering her face. 

I was still bound by Eunhae's power and she slowly walked towards my sister's lifeless body. I struggled to break free from her body binding power. She pulls out a syringe and stabs onto my sister's arm and I watched her drawing Haeyi's blood. But inste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter