Chapter 38: Inception

This is War: A Story of Friendship, Betrayal and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Someone once told that when you die, your life flashes right before your eyes.

The good, the bad and the ugly: all in a blink of an eye. 

Then, you will just fall to the ground, lifeless.

No one says what happens after that. To the religious, you either go to heaven or purgatory. What happens to the non believers? Where do they go? 

Well, easy: straight to hell. 

After she watched Daeho died, she was sure a God doesn't exist. She was already living in a hell hole.

If she was going to survive, she wasn't going to wait for some God to save her. She was going to save herself; right after she figure out how to do so. 

As soon as she left the Master's chambers, Zahana blindfolded her and gagged her. She had underestimated them and was a fool for thinking that the Master would not realize that they had made the switch. Even so, she wasn't sure why he let her lived. Her mind wasn't working fast enough as the cold and the pain was slowing affecting her. 

Her teeth chattered against the cloth they had stuffed into . She tried to break free, she tried to set up a mind link with anyone but to no avail.

"Foolish human! Your telepath doesn't work when you are within the walls of our armada." Zahana's taunting voice spoke in her mind. Julia defiantly ignored the Shape Shifter and tried again to make a link with her twin brother but again she was greeted by silence. Maybe she was already dead and that is why she was can't feel him anymore. 

She heard the sound of metals clashing each other as Zahana opened the cellar. Zahana dragged the prisoner inside and removed her blindfold. A gust of cold wind greeted and Julia blinked a few times as her eyes readjusted to the sudden bright lights and Zahana roughly pulled out the cloth she had stuffed in . She coughed and gagged a few times and looked down, trying to get her bearings right. It didn't help when her whole body was freezing. 

Her teeth chattered uncontrollably, her lips turning a shade of blue from the cold. As her eyes readjusted to the bright room, she saw the room was literally a box: no windows and just a door where they came in. The only object that was in the room was a white chair. Nothing else. What are they going to do to her? Make her sit there to death? 

With a clap of her hands, the ice that bound her body together disappeared and Julia collapsed to the floor with a thud landing face first. She tried to push herself up but she was so weak and she was so cold. 

"Get up, human." Zahana shouted boredly. When Julia didn't respond, the Seargent pulled her by the hair, making her scream from the force. Zahana dragged her limp body straight to the chair and dumped her there. Julia was still shivering and her body even at that short time was covered in frost bites and her fingernails were the colour blue. 

It didn't help that the room that she was in was like a freezer. 

She was so cold and Zahana looked unnerved from the cold. 

"W-w-w-wha-wha-what i-i-i-i-s-s-s t-t-h-i-s-s?" Julia stammered, her lips quivering as Zahana strapped her to the chair, binding her legs and hands to the chair. She was loosing sensations on her hands and feet. She tried moving her fingers but the only thing possible was twitching and that was a difficult task to even begin with. Zahana remained silent and just snickered. "Patience."

Everything was going blurry and she was zoning out, her head nodding as she tried to keep awake. She swore she wore shoes earlier but when she looked down, her ankles were tied down and her feet were bare. She twiddled her toes trying to keep herself alert but slowly the numbness was getting to her toes. She struggled to get out of the straps but the leather was cutting through her skin but Julia felt no pain except the cold. 

Hoya, Myungsoo.... 

She didn't even realize the alien had someone else with her when she felt a force pulling her head up suddenly. Her eyes opened and before she could even respond, the second Shape Shifter injected something into her neck. Julia screamed, her limbs trying to break free, her toes curling as she felt the liquid going through her vein. Her hands gripped the metal chair tightly. 

When the second one removed the syringe, Julia slumped into the chair in exhaustion but before she could even close her eyes, Zahana slashed her cheek with her long taloon like nails, making Julia's eyes water and she bit her lip in pain. She couldn't even defend herself, she was helpless and she was slowly giving up. 

"Look straight ahead!" Zahana hissed into her ear, snapping her eyes open once more, the fluorescent lights hurting her eyes. The wall in front of her was beginning to swirl, Zahana and the other shape shifter's voices were becoming softer. The harder she tried to concentrate on what they were saying, the more it sounded like jibberish. She shook her head to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter