Chapter 49: Infinitize

This is War: A Story of Friendship, Betrayal and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"APPA!" Hoya was screaming, rushing past medical staffs. He must be the only psycho to be running back into the hospital when people were desperately trying to get out of there. 

As he was running, a glass panel exploded in front of him and he was thrown back from the impact. "Oof!" shaking his head while trying to stand up. He was covered in debris and coughed when a dust cloud fogged up his vision. He fanned the dust away from him as he shakily stood up. His mind was racing as he tried to make his way to his father's office. 

'Hoya!' his sister shouted in his mind making him wince. It was like after the accident, everything was suddenly sharper, from his hearing to his eye sight. Even when he had a telepathy link with his sister, it was like his sister was literally yelling into his ear. 'Where are you?' she shouted again. 

'I'm at the hospital. There's something wrong.' 

'What... What do you mean?' 

He ran down the corridor and up the fire exit. He was on the 2nd floor and he had three flights to climb if he wanted to get to his father. 'The hospital is in chaos. Where are you, Hwayoung?' he asked as he pushed pass a stampede of people coming from the opposite end. There were people jumping down, screaming as if there was something after them. He could see some of them were covered in blood, some of them holding onto their broken limbs as they hobbled down the very packed stairwell. More often than not, people were tumbling down the stairs from the volume. 

"Son, what are you doing?" a male doctor grabbed him when he reached the third landing. Hoya's eyes widen when he saw blood trickled down his head and his hands were covered in blood. "You need to get out of here."

"I need to get my father." he wasn't sure why he was telling a mere stranger this and he was about to get away from the man when he grabbed his arm again. Hoya stopped and turned to face the man who had wild hair and frantic eyes. "And risk your life? Young man, if you go up there I can guarantee you that your father is as good as dead. And so are you." 

The young boy had taken offence to this and shove the man away before running up the stairs again. "Mark my words boy! The world is coming to an end as we know it!" he shouted and eventually, Hoya had shut the man's words off. He was pretty sure that his father would not die on him. He hadn't given up on both them when they were babies, when Hwayoung got into an accident. He shouldn't be listening to that man for he shouldn't give up on his father because of some kind of random attack. 

When he finally reached the 5th floor, he was greeted by swarm of people screaming and running. He stumbled backwards before he realized what they were running away from. 

He saw few silver like creatures crouched at the fallen human beings, their fangs glisten with fresh red blood as they devoured the human being. He watched as they slowly stopped moving, stopped fighting the creatures and fell limp onto the floor. Hoya doubled back, running away from them. He needed to find his father and get out... alive. 

'Hoya! What's going on? I just switched on the TV. Everything is in chaos. What the-'

'I don't know. Just get out of there. You and omma aren't safe. I will be back soon.'

'But-'

'I will be back soon, Hwayoung.' 

The corridor down to his father's office was empty and he continued running, hoping that he was home free. He pushed his father's office door open. His father's office was a mess, papers and what not all over the floor. Then, he saw his father on the floor next to his office desk, covered in scratch marks and blood on his white shirt.

"No." Hoya ran to his father who was slipping in and out of consciousness. "Stay with me, appa." he cried, grabbing his father's hand. His father coughed and gripped onto Hoya's hand tightly, fear in his eyes.

"Hoya, promise me that you'll take care of  your mother and Hwayoung."

"Appa, no, no." he said tears threatening to fall.

"You are a big boy now, Hoya. Take care of them for me." Dr. Lee coughed out, blood covering his lips as he spoke. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter