Chapter 4: Escaping Before the Break of Dawn

This is War: A Story of Friendship, Betrayal and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2.30am

Julia was supporting Hoya as they tried to get away from the hospital. She tried to bandage his wound, to stop the bleeding from his head as much as possible but even then the once white bandage was stained red. Their breathing were laboured, their hearts were racing a million miles an hour as they tried to get away. 

She was in pain but she wasn't as badly injured as her brother. She winced slightly as her brother suddenly shifted his entire weight on her, making her stumble and hit a wall from the sudden shift. Wiith a grunt and as much energy she can muster, she helped him up, whispering soothing words to him. "We will be okay." she told him, trying to keep him conscious and to soothe the pain. They stumbled slightly and she held him tighter around the waist as they walked past more rubble and empty buildings. 

"Come on, they have to be something here that we can use." Julia muttered, out of breath as she looked around. They passed by rusty vehicles, broken slabs, wood, broken windows and glass all around. 

Hoya was groaning in pain by now and Julia hushed him, afraid someone or something will hear them. 

They were told not to go to the forbidden zone. They know what is awaiting them on the otherside.

But what other choice do they have?

---

3.50am

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU LOST THEM?!"

Before anyone could answer an angry General Shim, they stopped and turned around to see a hooded creature behind them. Immediately, the three of them bowed slightly at the dark figure and even under his hood, they could see that he was smirking at them. The hooded creature had grey skin, bones potruding from his flesh and on his ring finger, adorn a beautiful blood red gem. 

"Master, we..."

"You lost the twins." he said flatly and Donghae and Eunhyuk nodded meekly. "Forgive them my leige they-"

"It's fine." the Master said dismissively, walking around the tent. 

"W-What?" 

"Do you actually think they will actually survive out there?" they remained silent and the hooded creature continued. "Once dawn breaks, they won't stand a chance." 

"But, Mas-"

"Don't worry, General Shim." the Master said, a smile in his voice as he looked out of the tent's flap. Looking at the sky as it turn a mix of orange and pink. "Everything is going according to plan. Isn't that right, Minhyuk?" the Master said from the corner of his eye and Minhyuk gave a sinister grin. 

"Of course." 

---

4.10am

"Shoot, shoot, shoot." Julia muttered as she saw the sky becoming brighter. Hoya stiffened slightly and Julia had to push him to get moving. "Come on, Hoya. We need to hurry." she said, panic in her voice as they scurried along. 

Minhyuk covered before she started to scream and she was about to bite his fingers off when he started talking. "They are after your brother and you." 

"What are you-" he puts his finger on his lips and told her to remove the wire and the radio. She reluctantly obeyed him and threw it on the ground, echoing as she did so. 

"I need you to listen to me very carefully." he grabbed her by the shoulder. 

Hoya was slipping in and out of consciousness and was putting more weight than necessary on Julia. "Come on, Hoya. Fight it. We need to survive this." 

"They are after you." 

"Why?"

"I am not sure but the Master wants something from you." 

"Minhyuk..."

"They are trying to get rid of the human race. They are merging alien blood into our DNA."

"Min-"

"I am living proof." he closed his eyes and she watched when he opened them, his brown eyes are a light yellow, almost snake like. Julia had to surpress a gasp. "Whatever is in the alien's system, it needs to kill. I..." he took in a deep breath and Julia watched him as he tried to control himself. She could feel his nails becoming sharper on her shoulder. "They are going to kill Hoya, Miyoon and Ilhoon if the four of you don't get out of here. Jiyoon is one of them... Us. I need you to get out of here." 

Julia heard a screech from behind her and she turned around, her heart beating rapidly, her eyes scanning the ruins around her but saw nothing. 

"There is a motorcycle shack not very far from here." he told her. "Drive away from here, Jules." 

"But, what about..."

"Go! Go before I change my mind." he said, letting her go. Julia slightly stunned turned around and ran away. 

They found the motorcycle shack and she made Hoya rest on the wall while she tried to break open the door. She broke the glass window and frantically unlocked the door from the inside and she looked at Hoya, wincing in pain and his body trembling. He could barel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter