Chapter 11: Entrust

This is War: A Story of Friendship, Betrayal and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoya's POV 

I watched Julia leave the room and Sunggyu told Sungjong to follow her out of the room. I gripped onto my seat, my throat suddenly went dry. I couldn't speak. Hell, I couldn't even think. This was too much for one person to handle at a time.

"Hoya, we need to ask you something and you have to be frank with us." Woohyun was the first to break the silence. I turned around to face him and I could feel all eyes were on me. I felt small, shrinking back to my chair. 

"Shoot." 

He leaned forward and his thumbs fiddling with each other before he spoke again. His voice was low and slightly monotonous when he did talk. It was almost robotic, scripted even. "When Minhyuk attacked you and your sister, he was looking for something. Searching for something that you both possessed." 

I looked at him with confusion. "I don't know what you're talking about." 

This time, Sunggyu turned around to face me. His dark chocolate eyes were studying my face, my character and I felt another chill run down my spine. Was this how it was like being interrogated? Being placed under a spot light. I pressed myself backwards onto the chair, wanting it to swallow me whole so I could get away from this dreadful look of Sunggyu's.

When he was satisfied, he looked at Woohyun, shrugging his shoulders. The both of them shared a look, a look that I couldn't register. I exhaled and the muscles in my body relaxed almost instantly. 

"I don't know what they are after " I repeated, not sure where this was going. 

"We know." Woohyun said and he sighed. "When you and your sister were unconscious, we had to check your vitals just to make sure. And... What we found inside your sister was-"

"It's not normal." Casey cut in and it made the hair on my neck stand. Her voice was velvety like the sweetest honey.

"What do you mean?" I asked, trying to keep my voice even when I spoke again. 

"We are thinking that from the tests we have run on her... She has another gene." Casey announced and of course naturally, I was estatic. Another gene, meaning another power. Yet, when I scanned at the others, they didn't look like it was anything spectacular.

In fact, they looked like it was the worse news to hear. 

"It is nothing to celebrate." Myungsoo said, snapping at him. I watched the way he gripped the pen, his figners coiled around it tightly he was seething with anger and rage.

"When you were at the camp, they must have looked through your medical file and found about this gene. This extra power gene has the characteristic of a Body Searcher. Once activated, with just one touch, she will absorb anyone's power, memories and if she is unable to control it, can be fatal to the victim. The thing is, if the aliens extract that gene from her, it can kill her and the gene, like a parasite will not be able to survive without her." Dongwoo explained. 

"Okay so we can't get rid of it without risking my sister's life?" Woohyun shook his head and I sighed, raking my hair with my fingers. 

"We are figuring out a way of extracting it without killing your sister ultimat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter