Chapter 2: Beautiful Disaster

This is War: A Story of Friendship, Betrayal and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul which was once a vibrant city with tall sky scrapers and buzzing streets was now replaced with buildings that were in the midst of collapsing, dead and even decaying bodies as well as carcasses of those things that invaded their planet. They had enough of blood shed and due to most of the technology destroyed, there was no means of communication to the outside world. 

No one knows whether there were any humans that survived the 'apocalypse' as the older citizens dubbed it. 

They were loosing men, from fighting and also from starvation and diseases. 

There were at least 1000 or more people in the camp the twins were situated. It disgusted Julia where she was. She felt as if she was in the slums, children all muddy and running around clotheless while the adults looked like they don't care. They looked as wild and as 'savage' looking as their children. 

It made her sad that now humans are slowly turning into animals. The war was finally getting to them. It's been 4 months since this whole ordeal has started. People were growing tired, hungry and angry. 

They were loosing food, there was no help from the outside world. There was basically nothing. 

Julia was walking up to the make shift cafeteria where they get their supplies. It was almost 6pm and the sun was beginning to set. She opened her backpack and began taking what she could get her hands on. A small packet of rice, some canned food and bottled water. 

"Jules." she looked up and her eyes met with a pair of familiar brown eyes. 

"Minhyuk." she replied curtly, her fingers tightening against the clapsed of her backpack. Minhyuk was her ex boyfriend and was her brother's good friend prior to them dating. Minhyuk was slightly built, tall, tanned and with almond shaped eyes and bow shaped lips. His teeth were like bunny teeth and she almost forgot why she had fallen for him. His hair was much longer now, touching below the ears. 

"Can we talk?" Minhyuk asked quietly as Julia began to walk across the table where the medical supplies were. Go away, damn it. 

"I have nothing to talk to you, Minhyuk." she said avoiding his gaze. He sighed, slightly annoyed with her tone and dragged her out of the tent. His hand was tightly around her wrist as he pulled her till they reached somewhere secluded and away from public scrutinity. 

"Let go of me." she said and yanked her wrist away from him. Minhyuk cocked an eyebrow at her and she folded her arms. "We are away from the camp so can you care to tell me what do you want from me?" her tone showed irritation and her feet was tapping the sandy ground showing her impatientness. 

His shoulders drooped and he looked at her dead in the eye before saying anything. "Well?" she asked. 

Minhyuk swooped down and gave her a kiss. Julia's eyes widen in disbelief and pushed him away from her. Lee Minhyuk was taken aback from her action until she slapped him hard on the cheek. "What was that for?!" she hissed. 

"I missed you." he said, wincing slightly due to the sting from the slap he had gotten.

She rolled her eyes. "Took you 4 months to realize that?" she scoffed and folded her arms, her backpack on her shoulder.

"I was an idiot. I still love you." 

"Well, too bad. I don't." she said. 

"Hwa-" 

"We are done here." she said icily and turned her back away from Minhyuk.

As soon as she was away from Minhyuk, tears began to form in her eyes and her breathing became shallower.

It didn't take a psychic to know that she still had feelings for him.

---

It was Saturday. 

Well, that was what Julia guessed from the calendar she found from one of their raids.

It was Saturday that meant that it was their turn to go out to get some supplies from the nearby hospital.  

They were broken into groups. Some will get the food while some will get the medical supplies. 

Unfortunately, Julia, Hoya, another two siblings, Ilhoon, his older sister Miyoon, Minhyuk, Donghae and Eunhyuk were in the group. 

Hoya pushed the flap of our tent open and it was pitch black, the people in their little township were beginning to disappear into their tents for the night. Even in those 4 walls, they were in a state of emergency. They wore an all black ensemble, easier to camoflage in the dark and easier for those aliens to not detect them. They have learnt that the aliens' eyesights are the poorest at night time. 

It was the main reason why they were leaving at night. 

During the day, Hoya will teach Julia how to defend herself. Being an absolute idiot and had little to no knowledge of martial arts, she picked up relatively fast. Hoya being the overprotective brother was against that she would help out in this knowing full well the dangers outside those walls. 

"Hoya, please. They are loosing men each day. They need all the help they could get." she reasoned. 

"I still don't like you doing this, Jules." Hoya told her as they walked while Julia fasten her silver gun to her side. Never in her life will she imagined herself using a gun. Four months ago, she will never in her dreams will she even dared hold a gun let al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter