Chapter 15: Memories

This is War: A Story of Friendship, Betrayal and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Julia's POV

To say I was expecting a full blown confession from him was unexpected. 

I always knew that guy had some issues but the thought he had gone through that, to lose his baby sister... The fact that he watched his sister die in front of him, to watch that thing kill her and the enemy right under our noses... 

I felt sick at the thought that I judged him previously, not knowing what he was going through and it made me feel horrible, equally like the monster he labelled himself to be. I couldn't handle the thought of losing my twin brother.

"Julia, are you alright?" Dongwoo's voice brought me back to reality. I blinked at him before realizing all eyes were on me. I nodded, rubbing my arm when I felt gossebumps running up my arm. 

"What I don't get is what would she want from us? More humans to test?" I asked. The two boys exchanged uneasy looks and I narrowed my eyes at them. "Most probably." Dongwoo said not meeting my eyes. 

Liar. How am I suppose to trust you cows if they are hiding things from me??

"If you say that Hoya is under some kind of hypnosis, he needs to snap out of it and fast. The longer he stays on this hypnosis, the harder it is for him to snap out of it and it can be fatal." 

I thought hypnosis were done by magicians? Who knew aliens could perform some sort of magic.

"It shares the same characteristic like mind controlling but this hypnosis, she must have said a particular word which can either snap him back to reality or to continued the hypnosis." Sungjong must have read my mind, no pun intended. 

"Hmm." I said thoughtfully. "But how will we know what is the trigger word?" 

"We need to pay close attention to her. She must not know about this place for one thing and she must know that we are on to her." L said begrudgingly. 

The other two boys seem to agree to that but I was more hesitant. My brother's life is at stake here! "Dongwoo hyung and I are going to tell Sunggyu hyung now." Sungjong said making his way to the door.

"We will come along." L said making his way to the other two but the other two shook their head. "He is my brother after all. He will listen to me." 

"While that he is your brother and he does know that she is your sister's murderer, he will listen to us. You both will need to get ready the necessary items done and pack in case we will need to evacuate." Sungjong reasoned with us. "And you need to sort things out with Myu- I mean L."  staring right at me. 

I nodded and L was not impressed with this arrangement but I patted his shoulder. "Come on." I said but he shrugged it off and I was taken aback with his actions. He walked to his work station and pulled out a gun and magazine, loading it. I did not even know that he owned one of those. The shiny black weapon shone under the bright fluorescent light.

When Sungjong and Dongwoo closed the door behind them, the room became silent. The only noise that was heard was our breathing and him fiddling with the gun, his hands still bandage. He cussed as he tried to not wince in pain from his wounded palms and how hard it is to bend them. In a few strides, I reached him and grabbed the gun from his hand and set it down on the table. 

I do not know what made me do that and I felt his w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter