Chapter 35: Time

This is War: A Story of Friendship, Betrayal and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyung!" 

"Sungjong, don't get involved. This is between my brother and I." 

"I am not going to stop you." 

"Then?" still running and Sungjong trying to catch up with him.

He hesitated before answering, "Just... Don't do anything that you will regret later." 

And Sungjong stopped chasing Myungsoo and he watched the black haired boy disappear into one of the rooms. With a huff, he retreated to the meeting room. 

There were so many of them in the room.

Men, both young and old, strapped with ammo, grenades, guns, weapons of different shapes and sizes in the room. 

Sungjong was sitting on the chair somewhere secluded, his eyes closed as if he was asleep. The chatter between the room filled with testosterone people filled his ears and it hurt him. The fact that he could hear their thoughts as well gave him a migrane. He hummed a tune trying to block out the noise from the room. 

But even when he did that, he was haunted by the death of his brother and Woohyun's face when he wiped out his memory for good. To think he would have the satisfaction of getting rid of Sunggyu's right hand man but in actual fact, he didn't. For days on end, he never felt any guiltier. He knew his brother, if he was alive would be ashamed for what he did, for stooping to their level. 

Sungjong broke into a small smile: his brother was indeed a noble man. 

Woohyun was just a lost sheep and he was scared. He had given up hope when he realized that the numbers of surviving humans were decreasing, humans with special abilities dying in the hands of the enemy. Woohyun was like a weed blowing in the wind: he will sway to whoever was winning and at this time, it looked like it was the aliens. If he knew that there were more survivors out there, he would probably joined their side. He wasn't the only one scared. Who wouldn't be? They were in the middle of a war! This group barely hit 20 and they were thrown to fight for their country and for their lives for the remaining humans out there in Korea.

He knew Myungsoo was a hot head and he could easily kill his older brother if he wanted to. As much as Sungjong didn't want to admit it (and wanted him dead), they needed Sunggyu in the picture. He was the only one that had the answers as to how to stop these aliens. He knows their weak point and he wasn't sure how long Julia is able to stay there in disguise as Sunggyu as well. 

Thinking back to Woohyun, he didn't want to erase his mind but he wasn't given any other alternative. He had to make sure that Woohyun, although was his friend and another brother to him, wouldn't tell the enemies where they were going and whatever plan they had told Woohyun in the past. Even for the greater good that he did it, he didn't sleep any better. In fact, he barely slept at all. 

When he found his dead brother on the ground with a stab wound, he couldn't believe it. He thought his brother would survive. He did promised him after all that the three of them: he, Sungjong and Shinyi will get out of this war together. Sungyeol was even planning to marry Shinyi after the war and the three of them will be a family. 

"Dongwoo oppa, please tell me this isn't true." Shinyi said trembling. Sungjong's eyes were red from crying and Dongwoo who had teary eyes just nodded his head solemnly. 

Shinyi's hands covered her trembling lips, crying silently. "No, no." she said over and over again. "Please tell me this isn't true. Jongie, please tell me this isn't true." she said helplessly, glancing up at Sungjong. Sungjong inhaled a shaky breath but words failed him and he started to cry all over again. Dongwoo walked over the table and pulled over the sheet, revealing Sungyeol's face that were marked with scars. His hair was in a mess and there were some dried blood on the ends of his hair. 

"Oh God..." she choked out, tears falling freely now. "No, no, NO!" she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter