Chapter 37: With or Without You

This is War: A Story of Friendship, Betrayal and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I am sorry." 

Dark orbs met glassy ones.

"Are you?" 

Did either of them want to know the answer to that question.

"What bull!" a bald man shouted from the left, interrupting Sunggyu. The crowd that was once silent became rowdy once more. Myungsoo watched the angry men shouting and chanting for Sunggyu to get off the podium. Sunggyu just stared blankly at the audience, his lips pursed as he listened to the angry men. 

Myungsoo saw the other three boys pushing their way through the angry men to them. When they reached the stage, they immediately came to their side: Hoya and Dongwoo acting as a shield to the three while Sungjong pulled Shinyi close to him, shielding her from harsh words from the people. She had already lost so much, she didn't need this too. 

"Captain! Are you going to believe these teenagers?!" another man shouted from the front, he wore a navy uniform and he looked at the three of them with such disgust that it made Myungsoo really uncomfortable. There were angry jeers and snide remarks, their fists pumping in the air, shouting and telling them to get off the stage. 

If they had torches and pitch forks, they would looked like they were on a Salem witch hunt. 

"We are speaking the truth!" Dongwoo explained to them, trying to out beat their angry voices. 

"And does it matter if we are mere children to you? We are affected by the war like you lot! The whole nation is as the Captain has said." Hoya cried out, pointing at the captain. The crowd showed no signs of calming down and this just seems to fuel their anger. Before the captain could even speak out: the door flew open, it hitting against the concrete wall with a crack. 

There stood another army officer, panting and crouched over as he tried to regain his breath. 

"Lee Joon?" the Captain spoke, after remaining silent throughout the whole ordeal, everyone's attention now on him. 

"Sir, may I speak to you in private?" he asked breathlessly. The Captain looked at the 6 of them on stage and the suddenly quite crowd before turning his attention to the young officer. 

"Can it wait?" he asked. 

"No, sir. I am afraid... Well you see..."

"Just blurt it out, Lee Joon." the Captain snapped at him which made Lee Joon stutter even more. 

"They have her." Everyone turned to face Sungjong who was clutching Shinyi tighter, his expression pained as he saw images from Lee Joon's mind. The normal human beings were surprised. How could he know that? 

"YOU ARE ONE OF THEM!" someone from their right shouted and again the uprising started, throwing accusations at Sungjong. Hoya went to Sungjong's defence and extended his arms to protect him. 

"STOP THIS MADNESS!" the Captain belowed making everyone in the room go quiet once again, a few murmurs still could be heard nonetheless. "We are at war here. These 6 people here are one of us and unlike us, they are born with special abilities: telepathy, telekenisis, power of the elements et ce tra. They are blessed with these powers and they can be a great asset to us since they had more to loose. 

"These aliens are not only looking for bodies to host but they want humans that have special abilities as well. These teenagers you classified them under, Admiral, have gone through hardship, watched their family members perished in the hands of these vicious things. This is unfortunately the truth and they will not rest till they get what they want, my fellow men.

"The girl," the captain said, looking at Hoya in particular. "this young man's sister, is what they want and because of our foolishness, these group had taken matters into their own hands and with the result, the young girl is now captive. She is what they wanted and like he said, they are after this powerful gen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter