Chapter 26: Cover Girl and Last Romeo

This is War: A Story of Friendship, Betrayal and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo and Julia explored the university and were now on the 2nd floor in the photography society room. Unlike all the other rooms in the university, this was considered the cleanest. No broken tables or chairs, no broken glass shards or falling ceiling panels and fluorescent light tubes. 

The tables were still disorganized and the chairs disarray to show that they left in a hurry. There were even some bags here and there by the tables and papers and photos strewn all over. Julia was busy looking through the photos that were pinned onto the notice board and looked at the happy smiling faces of the photography club members. She wondered whether they had ever thought that this may be their last ever outing. She wondered whether they had ever thought that they will never see each other again and if they do, the innocence smile will be laced with a dark past and an uncertain future. She felt chills run down her spine as she continued her trip down their memory lane. 

"Julia!" she spun around in surprise and was greeted by a white flash. She blinked a few times and rubbed her eyes gently to get rid of the flashing dots that were in front of her. When she regained her sight, she found Myungsoo smiling really brightly with a very, very old vintage camera and a buzzing sound coming from the camera, a white film coming right out from it. 

It dawned on her that Myungsoo has just taken a candid polaroid photo of her. 

"YOU!" she screamed and went over to him to grab that ugly photo of her. He giggled like a school girl and raised his arm over his head as she tried to jump to get it. He stuck out his tongue at her as she groaned in frustration. 

"Myungsoo!" she whined as he danced a little silly dance and used the little white picture to fan himself. He set the polaroid camera down as he danced a little merry dance and Julia with a devious smirk on her face decided to take this as an advantage. She brought the blue polaroid camera and snapped a photo of him swaying his hips midway like one of those salsa dances. 

He froze when he heard the buzzing sound and she grabbed the picture from the camera and smiled at him. 

"You didn't." he said horrified and she laughed at how pale he has gotten. 

"Oh, I did." she said fanning it, waiting for the picture to form, still smiling at how she has gotten him on his own game. 

"Can I see it?" Myungsoo asked quietly. Julia put the picture behind her back and gave a thoughtful look. "Not if you show me yours as well." 

Myungsoo sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "Fine, fine. On the count to three alright?" he said looking at the picture he had in his hand and she nodded agreeing to his terms. 

Julia bit her lip to control herself from laughing as the picture of Myungsoo slowly formed on the black space. 

"One..." 

"Two..."

"Three!" the two of them showed the picture to the other and Julia took the photo from his fingers and he did the same. She looked at the photo and stood next to him. She covered and didn't know how to react. Her eyes were dazed as she stared at the camera completely caught off guard but the way her hair waved as she turned her hair made it look like she was doing a shampoo commercial. 

Myungsoo wasn't sure how to react to this either. He had his eyes closed, biting his bottom lip and his arms up as he recalled he was doing a salsa kind of move as his hips was pushed to one side. "Not bad." she finally said breaking the silent and gave a nod of approval. He leaned in next to her to see the photo and gave a smile. Even if it was a candid photo, she still looked beautiful. 

"This, my love, is cover girl worthy." he said. 

She nudged him on the arm. "No way. Yours is more of a cover of a magazine worthy." she said pointing at his frozen salsa pose. 

"If we get out of this war alive, maybe we should send in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter