Chapter 17: Tic Toc Time is Running

This is War: A Story of Friendship, Betrayal and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjong and Dongwoo exchanged looks. 

"Are you certain she is human?" Sungjong asked, cooking up a plan in his head pretending to look through the vitals and everything. On paper, it says she is a healthy (slightly malnutrition) girl but her organs showed that she was normal. No signs of alien running through her veins. 

Woohyun cocked an eyebrow. "Will I ever lie to you?" 

'You tell me.' Sungjong thought. He passed the file back to him. "Now do you believe it?" Sunggyu asked, irritated.  

"Yes, I am sorry for not believing it earlier." Dongwoo said, his temper under control giving a look at Sungjong before he could come up with a smart reply. "It's just.. the war and everything and the name Eunhae, sounds exactly like your sister's killer." 

"We assumed that she is one of them." Sungjong finishedm catching onto Dongwoo's drift, facing Sunggyu. Sunggyu's expression relaxed and Woohyun was still unsure what the hell is going on but it was best for him to keep quiet at this point. 

"I don't want a wild goose chase and if you want to point fingers at someone, I would like to see some proof." he said sternly at Dongwoo and Sungjong. "If that is all, the three of you may leave." 

The three of them walked out of the room and Dongwoo and Sungjong were in cold sweat. Their leader can't be a traitor? He was the one who built Safe Haven after all. 

"What is going on?" Woohyun asked quietly as they walked down the coridoor. Dongwoo looked left and right and with one swift movement, he pulled Woohyun into the empty room and then began telling him the strange events that has been occuring. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Julia are you and L still in the work room?" Dongwoo's voice sounded strained as if he is trying to control his anger. 

"Yes, I am but L left. What's going on?" 

"Damn it. Nevermind, listen very carefully what I am going to tell you. No mistakes, Julia. Do you understand?"

"Okay but-"

"Grab as many weapons you can. There is an emergency latch underneath the work table. The password is 625193. The latch will open and I want you to dump all the weapons and its ammo in it." 

"Okay, I am guessing the meeting with Sunggyu oppa did not go too well?" she said attempting to joke. 

But he didn't chuckle, instead he continued giving instructions. "Once you're done, close the latch and key in these coordinates. Do you have a pen and paper with you?" 

Julia looked up and grabbed a pencil and pen. "What are they?" 

"35.1508* N, 129.0567* E." 

When she was done writing it down, she recognized the coordinates but she can't remember when and where did she see them. 

"What is going on?" 

"No time to explain. Right now, just do as I say and once you are done, I want you to override the whole system."

"Oppa what-"

"Do you understand me?" 

"Yes." 

Julia did not waste anytime. She began opening cabinets with weird looking machines and although heavy, she just began ransacking the whole place and bringing it down to the floor. Her heart was racing and she doesn't even know what the hell is going on anymore. All she knows that they were on the run again. 

She knew it was too good to be true to find a place and to go into hiding. But to hear how urgent and scared Dongwoo's voice is, they knew that they are into something big. 

It was hard work for one person to go back and forth from the cabinets to the latch, carrying all those heavy weapons but she did it. The pod was as big as a ship deck. She keyed in the coordinates and the password. She was surprised L did not put a thumb print on it or some eye scanning thing for safety measure. 

Then again, they never thought that it will come to this. They thought they were safe. 

She closed the latch of the pod and keyed in the password one more time before it began blinking a green light to show it was ready. She closed the hidden trap door and keyed in the coordinates one more time and she heard the pod roared to life and watched on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter