Chapter 22: Man in Love

This is War: A Story of Friendship, Betrayal and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Don't hurt him. He is all I have left." Julia's voice rang in Myungsoo's mind. He remembered fighting Eunhae, he remembered crashing into something but the rest was a big blur to him. He remembered feeling light headed and being dragged away but was so tired to even fight back his saviour. He couldn't be bothered if he lived or die anymore at that point. 

Then, he heard those words. He wanted to help her but his body was so weak and his mind was shutting down on him. He felt her body on him and he told himself he will not die. For her, he will fight to stay alive. Myungsoo was telling himself to get up, to fight that red hair spawn of the devil but he couldn't and he eventually succumb to what the mind wanted. 

As soon as he got up, hindering every warning from Dongwoo and Daeho to remain in bed, he went to her side. He was estatic that she was alive but the thought that she wasn't going to wake up anytime soon made him dejected. He brushed her hair away from her face, his fingers softly caressing her scarred cheek. For the past 4 days since they came to Busan, Hoya did not come to visit his twin sister. 

He understood what Hoya was going through and he gave him space. They shared the same room now and most of the time, Myungsoo will wake up before Hoya and the rest of the day he will spend with the sleeping beauty before him. If he couldn't protect his family, at least he could protect her, to be a better person just for her. 

Myungsoo was angry when Dongwoo told him that both his brother and Woohyun were on their side all along. It all made sense when Dongwoo laid down the timeline. The days when Sunggyu comes back late from work, those 'secret meetings' with the boss. He was not a bad brother, in fact, the opposite. Myungsoo was the kind to catch on very fast but Sunggyu covered his tracks well and didn't show any signs that he was a traitor to their race. 

He used to look up to his older brother who was able to take care of the both of them. 

Now, when he found out the truth that he was the reason that Haeyi was dead? All because of money and that stupid gene that is inside of Julia right now? He will find his brother and kill him if he had to. He was the reason that they were in this predicament and if Sunggyu puts Julia in harms way one more time he will personally break his neck. 

A smile crept on his face. So, this is how a man feels when he is in love. There was no point denying his feelings for her and how much he wants to be with her. Now, the thing is whether she felt the same way. Of course he heard her 'confess' when she was asleep that one time but he wanted her to say it when she was full

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter