Chapter 32: Evil Showers

This is War: A Story of Friendship, Betrayal and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let me go!" Hoya yelled at the two boys but they tightened his grip. A silent message between Myungsoo and Dongwoo as they dragged him away from the cellar in Jinju to another room where Sungjong and an older man were in. Sungjong looked at the hysterical boy who was kicking air and his arms trying to break free from the other two's hold. 

He was going to kill Sunggyu, the damn devil incarnate. 

At one point, even if he won't admit it out loud or to anyone, he could relate to Sunggyu as to why he did it but all sense of forgiving the guy who should be ashamed to be calling himself a human being went out the window when he said to him that his own sister is destined to die. 

Hoya slammed his hand onto the nurses' station in the emergency room. He was out of breath and drenched in sweat when he entered the hospital, the one place he hated the most. 

"May I help you, sir?" a nurse asked, her tone monotonous and uncaring. Hoya would have given a piece of his mind if he wasn't so fazzled over the fact that his sister may not be alive. 

"My sister... Lee Hwayoung... accident.... car..."  he said breathlessly, his brain working too fast for him to form coherent sentences to tell the nurse what is going on. The nurse who doesn't send the urgency in his voice gave a uninterested look and went to check the computer system ever so slowly. By then, Hoya was getting impatient with the stupid woman in front of him. 

"CAN YOU HURRY UP!?" he shouted at her, not caring that there were other people in the emergency room. "MY FATHER IS A DOCTOR AND DIRECTOR OF THIS HOSPITAL AND MY SISTER LEE HWAYOUNG MAY OR MAY NOT BE ALIVE BY THE TIME YOU FIND THE DAMN FILE AND OPERATING THEATRE!" 

That made the nurse with curly short hair jump and scrambled to find the file. "You... you are..." she gulped, her face turned white as snow. "Dr. Lee Chang Soon's son?" 

He hated when these people state the obvious especially after he told her who he was. 

"Yes, so are you done being all starstruck about it and tell me where my sister is?" 

"Err... er..." the nurse fumbled.

"Hoya?" Hoya turned around to find his mother in her blue cardigan and white sleeved top standing a few feet away from him. Upon seeing her, he ran towards her and gave her a hug. "Omma... I can't feel her!" he whispered into her ear and began to cry onto her shoulder. 

"Shh... your sister will be fine." his mother tried to calm him down. "Your sister is a fighter and you know that. She would not let something like death come in the way of her life. You and I know that. She is destined for greatness that girl." his mother said, her eyes began to water. 

"What happened?" 

When Park Leah pulled away from her son, she took him to an empty seat. When he was seated down, she took his hand into hers before talking. "Some guy beat the traffic light on the opposite end when it was your sister's right of way. He was driving a van and from the impact, it crushed into your sister's side of the car. Car totaled and she lost a great deal amount of blood."

She felt her son's hand clenched in her hands but she firmly held it still. "Is he here?" 

She shook her head. "He left with minor scratches. He can't afford to pay compensation for your sister." 

"Did you see how he looked like?" he asked her. His mother fell silent before speaking again. "I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter