Chapter 14: Real Story

This is War: A Story of Friendship, Betrayal and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo's POV

"Hyung!" An all too familiar voice intruded my thoughts and I nearly fell off my chair. I snapped the notebook shut and saw Sungjong in my work room together with Sungyeol and Dongwoo. 

"Don't you people ever knock?" I asked them pulling my legs off my work table and stared at them. 

"We did knock but you didn't answer." Dongwoo said matter of factly while I just remained quiet. Dongwoo just gave me a toothy grin before his gaze dropped to my hands. "What happend to your hands?" 

The other two looked at my bandage hands questioningly. "Are you guys here to interogate me or do you need something?" I asked irritated and slightly defensive. 

Sungyeol took out two metal bracelets from his pocket and placed them on my wooden table. At first, I didn't understand what were these metal bracelets were until I looked closer.

The markings on them were of alien inscriptions. I slowly picked up the bracelets to inspect them further, the warmth of the metal against my palm as I looked at them properly. As I was about to toss it back at them, I saw something that made the hair on my arms stand, the fear that began to crawl in my veins and in my blood when I stared at the all too familiar branding on the bracelet.

X00239.

I squinted as I tried to get accustomed to the blinding fluorescent lights. I groaned when I tried to move my arms but to no avail. I was bound and shackled in place. 

Looking down, my black shirt was torn and my khakis were ripped at the seams. I my lips, tasting the familiar iron taste of dried blood on my tongue. I shuddered as I tried to wiggle my way out but I was too weak, too tired to even focus.

My wrists were bound in front of me and were connected to my ankles, bound by a silver chain that was light but impossible to bend or break. I tried to understanding the inscription on my bracelets but they were of a different language.

The only thing that was legitly human were the branding on the bracelets: X00893

With whatever energy I had left, I leaned forward using my hands as support on the glass to see if I was alone. I tried recalling the events on how I ended up here but it was all bits and pieces.

Haeyi.

Panic began to flood through my veins as I clenched my fist tighter and frantically looked around to find her Pods after pods lined in a row: showing people who were still unconscious or tube stuck on every fibre of their being. I shuddered and avoided looking at the far end of the room. Right in the middle was a table filled with shiny brand new metals and objects and next to them was a machine. 

What were they doing to us?

As my eyes scanned the oddly bright room, I gasped when I saw an all too familiar girl in one of the pods, slumped and bound. 

My heart twisted and turned when I saw my sister, bound and chained like an animal. Her hair was unruly and tangled, dried blood on her cheeks and on the corner of her lips. There were open wounds on her arms and legs. She looked so frail as if she would break by just a moment. I felt tears beginning to form in my eyes. I was supposed to protect her! 

I beginning to hit the glass. 'Haeyi!' I screamed in her mind. Even with my screaming, I could feel the strain in my voice, the once strong voice and facade that I wore all so well, wilted away when I saw her. 

It made me so powerless to see her in such a state. 

I promised to protect her.

I could see her wince slightly and for a moment, I could feel my heart stop pounding at such a rapid pace. I watched her eye lids slowly fluttered open and she groaned. She tried to raise her wrists but the way her limbs trembled, she was too weak to even move a muscle. "Oppa?" She called out in a daze, her lids slowly fluttering shut. 

'Hae, wake up!' I shouted in her mind, slamming my fist on the glass as if she would hear me. 'Don't fall back asleep!' I told her and she slowly woke up, her eyes slowly becoming accustomed to the obnoxiously white surroundings. 

'Myungie oppa!' She called out, questionably and confused. She slowly scanned the room until her dark brown eyes landed on me. Relief washed over her face and she slowly leaned forward, her hands pressing on the glass. Tears began to cascade down my face. Tears of absolute relief. 

'Oh, thank God you're alive!' I told her and she nodded, her fingers curling, her nails trying to dig onto the thick glass that separated us both. 

'Oppa, I am scared.' She said, her bottom lip trembling. 'I am so so scared.' She told me and I closed my eyes. 

'We will be okay, Hae. I promise. We will get out of here.'

 'But how?' she asked, her voice a mixture of hope and worry. Anything we could do now, would either bring our freedom or our deaths. Our eyes landed on the machine in front of us. 

It has to be one of the buttons.

But which one? 

Then, my eyes landed on the table in front of me. 

'Baby, I need you to close your eyes.' I told her.

'Oppa, what are you doing?' She asked, screaming in my head. 

'Stand back, okay?' I told her and she stood there frozen. ''Baby, you have to trust me right now, okay?'

'Okay.' She hesitated but she moved backwards till her back hit the back of the pod and she closed her eyes tightly. 

I looked at the table in front of me and closed my eyes. Imagining the table in front of me and imagining it move. Breathe in, breathe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter