Chapter 24: To Be Mine

This is War: A Story of Friendship, Betrayal and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been 2 days since Hoya's outburst and Julia was filled in by both Sungjong and Dongwoo about what has happened. They told her that Sunggyu and Woohyun had been spies for the aliens all this time and they were their pawns in their game of chess. They asked her did she even remember what happened and she said all she remembered was fighting Eunhae and after that she out. 

"Jules, Sunggyu and the alien race are after something that you are possessing." Dongwoo said. She gave a confused look and her brother inched closer to her and wrapped his arms around her. She wasn't going to lie that she wanted Myungsoo here but he was busy trying to build better machinery or something along those lines. 

"What do they want from me?" 

Hoya took in a deep breath. "Remember the accident?" Julia took in a sharp breath but nodded anyway. It was the day she almost died. She remembered driving and the next thing she knew a lorry rammed into her car. When she woke up a week later, her brother told her that the car she drove was beyond recognition and that it was a miracle that I was still alive although barely and breathing. 

"What about the accident?" 

"The hospital that appa used to work created a gene that possesses a power that absorbs one's energy by just a simple touch. They never found how or what will activate that gene but this gene altered your whole DNA sequence and it makes you stronger and more resistant when it's activated. It is a part of you." Hoya explained although he wasn't sure whether he even made sense. 

"When we found you," Dongwoo said looking at Julia's puzzled look. "Eunhae's face was burnt beyond recognition. Do you remember anything?" 

Julia closed her eyes in thought. Slowly, memories from that day took place in her mind and she remembered absorbing a strange energy into her and images that she never saw before and a boy that looked a bit like her brother except he was taller and had darker features. She also remembered pulling her hand back and found Eunhae's face burnt and showing partially her skull. 

She shuddered and the memory and nodded. "I remebered absorbing her memory." 

"When you absorbed her memory, you also absorbed her powers but it is only temporary." he continued and Sungjong nodded. 

"Sungjong, your brother said that it is dangerous for a person to possess two powers at a time. He said it could be fatal." Hoya said hugging his sister tighter. "Is it true?" 

Sungjong raised his shoulders. "I have heard that if you take a person's power and it is not sequenced according to your DNA it can be fatal. Take it to Myungsoo's case, he injected his sister's power DNA into him without the proper procedure. It could have killed him but Sunggyu managed to prevent that from happening. Your sister will be okay since the doctors before putting it in had either alter the gene to fit in to your sister's sequence or the other way around. You just need to learn to control the power and not let it control you." 

Julia nodded and Hoya rubbed her arm affectionately. They talked for a while but Julia kept staring at the door hoping for Myungsoo to waltz in but he never did. She also found out that only the five of them, Daeho, Jaehwan, Shinyi who was dating Sungyeol for a while and Cassie. Everyone else in Safe Haven has been either captured or dead. 

When Dongwoo and Sungjong retired to bed, Hoya remained with her. They sat in silence for a bit before she spoke up again. 

"You knew?" she asked resting against his chest as he put his arms around her waist protectively. 

"I did. They told me." he said into her hair. 

"And you didn't tell me?" she asked twirling the sheets in between her finger. 

"They told me not to." he said resting his chin against her head. 

"Oh." she said looking at the door. 

Hoya sighed. 

"What's wrong?" 

"Nothing."

"Jules..." 

"I think you scared him." 

"Who?"

"Myungsoo." 

She felt him tensed up. 

"You know how I feel about you dating and we are in the middle of a war." 

"I know but give me the benefit of the doubt, Hoya. I am your twin sister. If he tries to do anything crazy I would make sure that he will not be celebrating any Father's Day." 

Hoya chuckled and ruffled her hair. 

"It's just that... They told me to take care of you." 

"I am not asking you to not take care of me, Hoya. I can't control who I fall for and I really, really like him. Give him the benefit that he isn't going to harm me." 

Hoya sighed and contemplated about what his sister said. 

"He apologized you know in case you're wondering." she raised an eyebrow but still not looking at him. 

"Fine. As much as I don't like the idea of you dating... in the middle of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter