WELCOME TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD!

Ahjumma Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

''Yoboseyo...''  

 

CL lazily answered her phone, her eyes still shut.

 

 

 

 

 

''Ma'am, I'm sorry to interrupt your sleep but you have an appointment today.''

CL immediately sat up from the couch.

 

 

 

''!''  she cursed... ''I'll be there in... an hour.''

 

 

''Unnie! Unnie!''  She tried waking Bom up on the other couch.

 

 

''Yaaaaaah!!!''   Bom scratched her head.

 

 

''I'm going! I have an interview.''

 

 

''Now why on Earth do you have to wake me up?''

 

 

''Because I wanna ask you if it's okay we give a hint about DB& Co.! For publicity purpose that is.''

 

 

Bom immediately opened her eyes and sat up. ''You are so daebak, Lee Chaerin!''

 

 

''Pshhhht.'' CL pouted. ''So it's a yes then... Kay.. Bye. Gotta go home to freshen myself up. I feel disgusting.''


CL was about to grab her stuff when she realized the window curtains are all parted.

 

 

''Since when did Unnie start brightening up the room like this?'' she asked Bom who went back to lying on the couch.

 

 

''If you're going just go. I'm still sleepy.'' Bom answered ang pulled the covers over her head.

 

 

''Aisssht.'' CL mumbled and started walking away.

 

 

 

 

------------------

 

 

 

Dara was half-walking, half-running like there's no tomorrow on her way home.

 

Earlier this morning, upon making sure she feels well already, she immediately rushed to the market to buy stuff she can cook for CL and Bom's breakfast.

 

 

Actually, she's never tried doing this before- going out first thing in the morning to a very crowded place. She's not quite sure, but something deep inside tells her that she should do it.

 

 

 

''I'm near...'' she consoled herself as she kept panting and panting. She moved down her scarf a bit that was covering half of her face earlier.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She looked at her left when she heard a car honk.

 

 

 

 

''Yah! Weir-...'' he was about to call her weirdo but remembering last night's incident, he thought it might be rude of him...

 

 

''A-a-hjumma! Yaaah!''

 

 

 

 

 

Her eyes widened in horror as she gasped. She turned her back on him and shut her eyes hard. She decided to keep walking when she heard him slam the door close.

 

 

 

''Yah!!!'' Jiyong held her left arm and and pulled her to face him.

 

 

 

'' Yah, ahjumma! What the hell are you doing here? You're sick! Where have you been?'' Jiyong asked her but she just bowed her head.  ''How did you escape from Bom-noona and CL?''

 

 

 

She then looked up at him and tilted her head questioningly. Bom-noona? CL?

 

 

 

 

''H-h-h-ow....''

 

 

 

 

But before she could continue her question, her eyes landed on Jiyong's lips...

She tried looking away but ended up looking at his pointed nose...

She tried to speak but nothing came out and she ended looking at his... EYES.

 

 

It's the same feeling she felt yesterday morning... weakening her, suffocating her.

 

Without thinking she lunged forward and was about to bang her forehead on Jiyong's but this time, Jiyong knew better.

 

 

 

 

''Ah-uh...  Not so fast!''  he said as he held his index finger on Dara's forehead, his other hand on her shoulder.

 

 

 

Dara's eyes widened as she struggled to breakfree.

 

 

 

''Let me go!'' she cried out.

 

 

 

''Ani! You're coming with me. You're on your way home right? Come on.''

 

 

''No need! I'm near. I can do it alone!'' she said but Jiyong just gripped her wrist and took the bags she's holding.

 

 

 

He dragged her into the car and pushed her to the backseat. Dara was surprised when he saw an older guy inside, on the driver's seat... She looked at him and immediately recognized KNPA's commissioner general.

 

 

 

''Jiyong what are you doing?'' Hyun Suk asked.

 

 

 

''Ah uncle, this is Seungri's neighbor. I asked her to ride with us since we're also going there, but she refused. I insisted.'' Jiyong said as he sat down on the passengerseat.

 

 

 Times like this, she should be screaming, panicking. But with these two men infront of her, she couldn't find the courage to do that. Aaaaah police officers and their authority and power, she thought.

 

 

Dara just bowed when the older man looked back at her.

 

 

''What's her name?'' Hyun Suk asked Jiyong but his eyes were still on Dara memorizing her face, her familiar features. He knows her from the files given to him by Tablo. He just had to hear it clearly.

 

 

''Sandara. Park Sandara.'' Jiyong answered for her.  ''Let's go uncle. I don't want to trouble you anymore. You might get late.'' Jiyong said as he fastened his seatbelt.

 

 

But for Yang Hyun Suk, he wouldn't mind getting late.

 

He needs to know more about this girl.

 

 

 

-----------------

 

 

 

 

''Hyung, sorry we weren't able to go there last night because of some matters.'' TOP said as he slumped on the couch.

 

 

 

''No prob bro. So when do you plan to dropby?''

 

''Actually we have a little favor to ask...''

 

 

''Name it...''

 

 

 

''We need a job. The five of us... Can you help us with that?''

 

 

 

''Whoa... What's with the sudden.

...''

 

 

''Jiyong... He moved out of uncle's house. Plus he's got some issues back home. You know he's the breadwinner. But he never accepts any of our help financially. You know how stubborn he is.''

 

 

''So?''

 

 

''The least we could do is help him

find a job.''

 

 

''He doesn't have any savings?''

 

 

''He does... I think he does... But Hayi's been always dragging herself into trouble recently.''

 

 

''And it has to be five of you who should work?''

 

 

TOP wasn't able to speak.

 

 

''Spill it Seunghyun.''

 

 

''Hyung...'' TOP paused for a while then sighed.

 

 

''OKAY... The boys were missing the stage. It's been a long time... Though,  Jiyong's in denial. Actually, all of us. Hyung... One more thing...  We're not going to get our part of the money. Just hand it all to Jiyong and don't let him know we're not getting any.''

 

 

 

The other line grew silent.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'' Okay... You're in. Make sure to come early. I'll set the whole stage. Perform well tonight!''

 

 

 

''What? T-t-tonight??? B-b-but...''

 

 

''I thought you need it ASAP? Besides, I miss seeing you onstage.''

 

 

''Yeah but...''

 

 

''Just drop by as early as you can. You can rehearse there.''

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter