The Boys' Dilemma

Ahjumma Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Dara grabbed her sheets and hauled it over her head when she felt the bright rays of light blinding her.

 

 

Apart from that, she never had a proper sleep at all.

 

One: Because it wasn't her room inside her own apartment.

 

Second: Jiyong and the kiss were troubling her. Since she went back inside the mansion, the thought never left her mind.

 

Why did he kiss her? Why did she kiss him back?

 

 

Certainly, the overwhelming feeling of finally being with her family was overshadowed with that kiss, her first kiss. And she never wanted it to be like that. She wants to focus on the family she's dreamed of since she was a child.

 

She knows she shouldn't be thinking about the kiss at all.

 

 

 

''Arrrrrrrghhhhh!'' she whined and removed the sheets, her eyes still closed, when the questions hit her mind once again.

 

She sat up and hit her head nonstop.

 

''You babo! Babo! Babo! Babo! Bab---'' she immediately stopped when she heard a few gasps. Slowly, she fluttered her eyes open, and allowing them to adjust to the bright sunlight.

 

 

She started trailing her gaze to the carpeted floor... Up to the three pairs of feet... To their legs... To their pink uniforms... And to their mouths which are covered by their hands.

 

 

 

Three servants were intently looking at her, completely gobsmacked with her actions.

 

 

 

''W-w-who are you?!!! W-w-what are you---??'' she tried to ask but the three girls seemed to recover faster and straightened themselves up immediately before bowing before her.

 

 

 

''Good morning, agassi!'' the three girls greeted in chorus.

 

 

Dara tilted her head to the side and eyed the three... ''W-w-hy... Good morning, too...'' she said.  ''W-w-hat can I do for you? W-what are you doing here this---''

 

 

''Were here to assist you Agassi!'' the first from the left answered earnestly.

 

 

 

''We are your temporary personal servants, please be free to tell us anything you want us to do!'' the second one said while hitting her chest.

 

 

''Omo..''  Dara arched her brows at the two... They're too formal and serious she couldn't make out what's going on. She then glanced at the last girl.

 

 

 

''Please forgive us for disturbing your sleep but we are ordered to be here as early as 5 am.'' she said making Dara surprised with the girl's firm voice.

 

 

 

''W-w-ho told you to come in here?'' she unsurely asked.

 

 

 

''Your harabeoji, agassi. He said we need to attend to your needs in the mansion, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 4 weeks a month, 12 months a year, 10 years a dec----'' the 1st girl answered straightly and Dara could just widen her eyes.

 

 

 

''O-o-kay... I get it...'' Dara said as she slowly stood up from the bed.

 

 

 

''Omo!'' tne 2nd  immediately ran towards her and held her feet. ''Yah, agassi's slippers! Ppalli!''

 

 

''Neh!''

 

 

''You don't have to do this. I can do this on my own.'' Dara told the girls.

 

 

''Ani... Mianhe agassi but we're just following orders.'' The three bowed at her before guiding her up and walking her to the bathroom.

 

 

''You... You may leave now.'' Dara told them.

 

 

''Mianhe agassi, but we need to do this. Please try to understand.'' The 3rd girl bowed to her in apology before opening the door to the bathroom allowing her and the two other servants to go inside before doing the same and locking the door.

 

 

 

 

 

''KYAAAAAAAAAAH! LET ME GOOOO!!! I CAN DO THIS ON MY OWN!!!''

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

''Harabeoji, you don't have to do that to Dara. She might get shocked and...''

 

 

Bom stopped complaining when she felt her mother's hand hold hers. ''Omma???'' she faced her as if asking for help.

 

 

 

''Let Dara be, Bommie-ah.'' Mina smiled at her.

 

 

''We just want the best for her.'' The old man answered.  ''She needs to be ready to face the world. She needs to be at her best and besides, I just want to make her feel the kind of life I took away from her.''

 

 

''Appa...'' Eunju called her father. ''Stop talking that way, let's not remind ourselves of that anymore, neh?''

 

 

''Aisht... why am I having a bad feeling about this...''  Bom pouted and shoved a piece of rolled egg to .

 

 

 

''Rest assured Bommie-ah... Dara will be fine. Besides, you've been there.'' Minah told her daughter.

 

 

''By the way unnie... Where's Teddy?'' Eunju asked.

 

 

''He went out early. He said he needs to meet someone.'' Minah answered making Eunju nod. She has an idea who it is, she thought.

 

''Call him later, Minah.. Tell him I need to see him by 10 at the office. It's urgent.'' the old man said seriously.

 

 

''Neh abeoji.''

 

 

The discussion was only stopped when they heard a pair of clacking heels towards them.

 

 

 

''Omona!'' Minah released the spoon she's holding when she saw Dara.

 

 

''Darooooong!'' Bom stood up and went to Dara's side, inspecting her, studying her, as if she's not sure who was infront of her.  ''You're going to the office like that?'' she asked her.

 

 

''N-n-eh... They made me wear this.'' Dara said shyly.

 

 

''Good job girls... Good job.'' the old man congratulated the three girls behind Dara.

 

 

''Kamsahamnida, sajangnim.'' the three girls behind Dara answered.

 

 

 

Eunju abruptly stood up and went to Dara's side, wrapping an arm around her.

 

''You're so beautiful, sweetheart.'' she told her. ''Did you have a good sleep? Sorry you had to use the guest room. I'll get your own room ready so that you can transfer there when you come home tonight. How do you feel?''

 

 

Dara wanted to say she's not comfortable with her outfit. It's too much for her simple taste. Besides, she lacks the confidence to carry it. She wanted to say she didn't have a good sleep, apart from Jiyong's kiss which kept her thinking, she misses Dadoong and her apartment.

 

 

But she just can't let them down. She needs to face the changes if she wants to be part of the family.

 

 

 

''I... I'm good. I feel good.'' she said as she forced a smile.

 

 

Her first day in the household after a long time wasn't what she exactly expected. But she couldn't complain because this is how Parks live. She's just thankful that finally, she has a family to call, that loves her... A family who now values her.

 

 

''Aigoo, sit down, ladies. The food's getting cold.'' the old man told the four.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

''You're just in time.'' the girl said as she looked at her wrist watch.

 

 

''Do you really have to leave this soon?'' Teddy held the girl's hand in his.

 

 

''You know my sched's done here. I've completed the shoots and promotions. I really had a good time, Teddy. I'll try to come back soon.''

 

 

''Too bad the girls weren't here...'' Teddy sighed and looked down. ''Too bad we weren't able to spend time that much together.''

 

 

''Don't be sad... I don't want to trouble the girls anymore. I might just end up crying.'' the girl said.  ''And about our time together? You just made me feel important by trusting me with all your secrets. We did it together, right?''

 

 

''Neh...Thanks to you and for being my strength. Thank you so much for your help.'' Teddy told her before pinching her cheeks, making the girl blush. ''But you know what, I am now convinced about girls' instincts.''

 

 

''Why?''

 

 

''Because you're right all along. Jiyong really likes Dara.'' Teddy chuckled.

 

 

''Chincha? He admitted already to her?''

 

 

''Ani... I caught him with his own words. That's why he's acting weird and all. Even Se7en told me he's been noticing his actions lately.'' Teddy explained.

 

 

''Aigoo... He's cold and arrogant. He almost pissed me off at the bar when I introduced myself to him and that time when he was still guarding Dara. Remember that balcony incident I told you? Aisht...''

 

 

''Easy, hon.'' Teddy comforted her while laughing at her now fuming expression. ''He can really be rude and cocky at times but I've proven so many times he can be trusted.''

 

 

''Anyway. At least, everything's settled now and Dara just needs a bit training and something to boost up her self esteem.''

 

 

Teddy's face became dark. How he wish everything would be fine.

 

And right now, she just reminded him it's better for her to be away from their family in the mean time.

 

 

He and his harabeoji has a lot of things to settle in terms of their dispute with the Kims. Dong Won is really dangerous and he'll surely won't let them go just like that.

 

 

When everything's settled, by then maybe he can finally settle down with his girl.

 

 

 

 

''You okay?'' the girl asked him, startling him from his thoughts.

 

 

 

''N-n-eh..'' Teddy forced a smile.

 

 

''Hey don't be sad... It's not that we'll not see each other anymore?'' the girl stood up upon hearing the final boarding announcement.

 

 

 

Teddy stood up and hugged the girl.

 

''Thank you, Kiko-ah...'' he said. ''Thank you for everything... The next time I visit you there, I'll make sure to settle everything about our future. Just be patient...Please...''

 

 

Kiko nodded and smiled, trying not to let the tears b on her eyes fall.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  ''We're still eyeing 4 casinos, sir. Maybe by then we can catch them redhanded.''

 

 

 

''What in the world are you saying, huh?'' Tablo slammed his hands on the table. ''You're seriously telling me MAYBE???''

 

 

''But Sir...''

 

 

 

''You've been working on this mission for months and this is all we've got? Listen!!!'' Tablo raised his voice making the four straighten up.

 

 

''These are druglords and human traffickers we're dealing with. The more time you spend being idiots, the more victims there'll be.'' He said as he walked back and forth, his hands behind him.

 

 

 

''Kim DongWon... I want you to trail him and his men. The numbers of instances wherein he showed up during 'trades' in his casinos are really disturbing.''

 

 

''But Sir, isn't it obvious, he owns the casinos so definitely he has the right to always be there.''

 

 

 

''Ani... I don't look at it that way. Make sure to contact our as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter