Secrets and Memories

Ahjumma Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong went in Seungri's apartment and looked at the lunchbox with a sticky note.

 

 

 

''Sorry.''

 

 

From: apartment #13

 

 

 

''Hyung, where did you get that?''

 

Seungri and Jiyong were so drunk last night. The maknae immediately slept on the couch. Jiyong placed the lunchbox on the table and went to  sleep right after too.

 

 

 

''I found it there last night at your doorstep.''

 

 

 

Seungri read the note.

 

 

''Ooh... The ahjumma next door... She's saying sorry hyung.''

 

 

 

''Yeah, I can see that.'' Jiyong sarcastically responded.  ''Why don't you open it Seungrat? This is for you afterall.''

 

 

 

 

''NOOOOO!''

 

 

''WAE???''

 

 

 

''What if that's a bomb? What if she wants to get back at us? What if that's a prank?''

 

 

 

''Stupid!'' Jiyong took the lunchbox and opened it.

 

 

 

Seungri eyed him curiously. ''What is it, hyung?''

 

 

 

Jiyong sniffed it. An aroma of sweetness filled his nose.

 

 

''Hotteok.''

 

 

 

''Huh??? She seriously thinks that's good enough for a peace offering? You can buy that on the street stalls.''

 

 

 

“Yah! You can at least appreciate her effort! Besides, if you’ll think of it, YOU WERE THE ONE WHO SHOULD BE APOLOGIZING TO HER!!!” Jiyong answered. Somehow he felt annoyed by the maknae’s reaction towards the peace offering gift… whatever you call this food in front of them is.

 

 

 

 

''Home-made hotteok. Eat it.'' Jiyong pushed a piece in front of Seungri's mouth.

 

 

 

 

''Nooooo! What if it's poisoned!''

 

 

 

''Seriously now?''

 

 

 

''No, you try it Hyung!''

 

 

 

Jiyong sniffed it once more and went to Seungri's kitchen.

 

 

 

 

 

''What are you doing hyung?'' Seungri followed him.

 

 

 

''Pan-frying it... It's best served hot.''

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

''So how does it taste?''  Seungri asked.

 

 

Jiyong stood up and went to the living room, Still holding the plate of hotteok while munching a piece.

 

 

 

 

 

''HYUNG!!!''

 

 

 

Jiyong just looked at him.

 

 

 

''You don't want it right? Thanks.'' Jiyong said and then went back to eating.

 

 

 

 

 

''Let me taste it!'' Seungri couldn’t help anymore. He’s curious.

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong looked at him.

 

 

''NO!''

 

 

 

 

 

''Yah hyung! That's mine!''

 

 

 

 

 

''Not anymore!''

 

 

 

 

'' Just a bite hyung!''

 

 

 

 

''I SAID…..NOOOOOOOOOO!''

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

''I can sense that this is going to be a good day!'' Bom laughed inside her car victoriously.

 

 

''Goodbye Park Couture! Hello DB & Co.!''

 

 

 

Since Park Couture was handed down to her, she planned a year ago to change it to DB & Co. For her, it's a form of rebellion and personalizing the business at the same time. She knows it's gonna be a big risk, with Dara who's a forever skeptic. But knowing herself, she wouldn't take no for an answer. And now that CL and Minzy joined with them in the business, they're now formidable.

 

 

 

''Let the name shout ''Dara, Bom and Co. Sounds cool!'' she congratulated herself. Next month, they'll be launching their first ever collection alongside with their new company name.

 

 

 

She put everything she has on that company that was originally her halmeoni’s and aunt’s. She’s doing well, alright but she felt something lacking. She needs to give credit to Dara. Without her ideas and designs, their company wouldn't be a huge success at all. And her grandpa won't think highly of Bom at all.

 

 

''Why do you have to suffer this much, Dara-ah?'' she sighed as she tightened her grip on the steering wheel.

 

 

 

''If only appa's alive... If only omma has a say on this.'' she thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

''Bommie-ah! Ppallli!!!!!! Dara knocked at the car door nonstop.

 

 

 

She went in the car as soon as it was unlocked.

 

 

''Yah! What happened! You looked like you have just been chased by a pack of wolves!''

 

 

Dara panted and as she held the files tightly.

 

 

 

''N-n-n-othing...'' but she couldn't forget the sight she witnessed earlier.

 

 

 

''...oh, here it is.'' she said as she handed the files. ''the rest were already emailed to you. G-g-g-ood l-l-l-uck...''

 

 

 

''This is ours Dalong... Finally ours. I'll make sure to make you a really nice and comfy office, your working area...''

 

 

''Bom... We've talked about this. I’m okay working in my own space at home…''

 

 

''I'll never lose hope especially when it comes to you, Ssantokki. See this?'' Bom raised the files. '' We made it right? Aaahhh, finally! DB& Co's 1st ever collection! Aren't you just excited?''

 

 

''I'm nervous...I mean can we beat the deadline?''

 

 

''Aigoo. You're always nervous. We can make it! Plus the first few pieces are already done right? They're also excited about this. Especially CL and Minzy. Oh, CL’s contract with Park Malls are gonna end next week. Harabeoji got the Japanese model Kiko Mizuhara though. That’s what last night’s party for, if you’re wondering.''

 

 

''O-o-o-kay...'' Dara said before sighing deeply.

 

 

 

'' Hey! What's troubling you? Wait, did your pesky neighbor moved out already?'' Bom suddenly remembered.

 

 

''I.. No...''

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter