A Father, A Grandfather, and A Sinner

Ahjumma Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The Old Park's POV

 

 

 

 

 

I am not certain when and how all of these started. All I know is that the consequences will never end.

 

 

 

I am quite successful in business. I achieved power at a young age. I lived a life suited for only the kings. And I certainly wanted the best for my family and generations to come.

 

 

Is it a sin?

 

 

Perhaps it isn't.

 

 

 

As I flipped back the pages of my life, the part that haunted most of my nights was that wherein I ruined my family.

 

I believed in the power of money, the luxuries, possessions, authority.  I thought my wife and my children believed the same- but it turned out not.

 

 

Taekyung, my son, married a business partner's daughter. He was very obedient. He never negated any of my decision. He and Mina, my daughter in law, gave me two adorable grandchildren... Teddy and Bom.

 

 

 Eunju, my daughter, on the other hand, was a bit of the contrary- stubborn, outspoken, strong-willed, an empowered little woman. She would fearlessly barge into our conference room just to state her opinion. She was just 18 then. Imagine her talking to her omma, trying to convince her, to have their own business. I was surprised of course. Not every girl her age would think about business that early. I agreed to it, knowing that they both were magnificent in their craft. Eunju and my wife are two extremely talented designers. And thus, Park Couture was born.

 

 

I was so proud of my family, especially my princess. Most of the fathers in our elite circle would feel envy over me having such kind of daughter. I even ended up arranging my daughter’s marriage with the Kims, a development partner. Only the best for the best.

 

In short, I am a proud father. Whatever my children does, represents me.

 

Until that day happened.

 

 

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

 

 

 

I've been observing Eunju for quite a while now. She would always go out or if not, stay in the garden. A household help told me she saw Eunju with Hyun Suk, son of one of our drivers.

 

I trust my daughter though, when she said she's not dating anyone. But one night, I discovered she was lying to me. I caught her with my two eyes. She was there in the greenhouse, with that bastard.

 

 

I wanted to kill the boy. I had him badly beaten up by my men. I had my daughter locked up inside her room. I remember my wife cursing and shouting at me. I saw Teddy trembled in the arms of his father Taekyung. And I saw Mina running to the nursery to tend to the crying baby that was Bom.

 

The house was in chaos. And I was so furious to even notice it. I got Hyun Suk and his father kicked out of the house, threatening him that I'd kill his father if he would dare set his foot on our land.

 

 

All I was thinking that time was our name.

 

My name.

 

Little did I know that Eunju was already conceiving a baby.

 

A grandchild that I never wanted.

 

A fruit of my daughter's lie to me.

 

 

If not for my wife, I already had it aborted. What would the society call the baby? A child of a bastard? No, No... I cannot associate it with me.

 

 

 

I had Eunju transferred to a resthouse. My wife, my son, and my daughter in law would visit her there with a doctor. But I never did because I don't want to see her with that bump in her stomach. All I wanted is for her old self to come back. The reasonable and wise Eunju that I know. I hid Eunju from the view of the public. And I thought I was doing well.

 

Until another nightmare came.

 

 

 

 

Months after that, Taekyun and Mina asked for my permission to visit her there with the doctor. My wife pursued me to agree with them and seeing nothing wrong with that, I did.

 

But they betrayed me.

 

I got a call from the doctor that he will be flying to China that day and that he's suggesting another doctor for Eunju. The vision in my eyes started to darken.

 

My son Taekyung lied to me. And it's the first time he tried breaking my rules.

 

Panic started to hit me. I knew my wife knew something by the way she held me tight. She wouldn't allow me to go out and I remember pushing her away. I called up my men and we started our way to the resthouse.

 

 

It was a rainy afternoon. We were halfway through when we saw Taekyung's car going the other way. We immediately turned back and followed them.

 

 

They're trying to escape.

 

 

I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter