Taking Chances

Ahjumma Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Seungri gritted his teeth and tried to control himself.

 

 

He wasn't able to sleep because of the girl who was beside him, whose arms wrapped around him comfortably the whole night. He almost lost his sanity controlling himself  and his raging hormones when she accidentally wrapped her leg across his thighs.

 

He tried earlier to wriggle himself free from CL but unfortunately, the girl held to him tighter and the movements just didn't help for her thighs were revealed for his eyes to indulge on.

 

"...'' he cursed feeling himself now in pain.

 

CL stirred in her sleep and nuzzled Seungri's neck thinking it was her rilakkuma stuff toy. 

 

But then she felt something hard poking her thighs. Slowly, she fluttered her eyes open.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

 

 

[PUNCH! KICK!]

 

"AAAAAAAACKKKK!!!

 

[BLAG!!!]

 

 

"OUCH!!! WHAT THE HELL???!!!" Seungri held onto his jaw and   in pain.

 

"You!!!! You!!!" CL covered herself with the sheets. "What the hell were you up to? What did you do to me???"

 

 

Seungri stood up with an annoyed face.

 

 

"You're seriously asking me that huh? Why don't you ask yourself what the ing hell you did to me and my... AISHT!!!''

 

 

CL tried to remember everything that happened last night. She cursed menatlly and immediately hit her head. She's a heavy sleeper. And she loves cuddling her rilakkuma stuff toy.

 

She didn't know she was cuddling with this panda althroughout the night.

 

"I... I didn't know! S-s-orry." she said. "B-but still... You're..."

 

 

"I'm a man... But I didn't do anything if that's what you want to know. I respect you even if my sanity almost hung by a thread." Seungri said before standing up and leaving her room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Dara looked at her own reflection in the mirror.

 

 

 

Hair, check.

 

Dress, check.

 

Shoes, check.

 

 

 

 

She squinted her eyes as she thought for a moment.

 

 

''What did I miss?'' she took her phone out and looked at the group photo she had with the girls before they went out last night.

 

 

 

''Ah, I need to buy those... Those...''

 

 

 

[DING DONG!]

 

 

 

 

Dara grabbed her bag thinking that  it's  the  driver that would bring her to DB & Co.

 

 

Yes.

 

She decided to check the work area Bom was bragging her about the last time they talked about the building renovation. So she called her up earlier that she's going. Bom could never be happier with the news. She insisted she'll have her fetched.

 

Apart from that, the first thing that came to her mind was the chance to see her mother again. Bom just told her that Eunju will pay a visit to the office and the news made her so excited she decided she had to look her best.

 

 

She needs to show them what she can do.

 

She needs to prove them herself.

 

 

By then, perhaps, she can talk to her harabeoji... By then perhaps she won't see the hesitation on his face anymore.

 

And by then she can introduce herself to her mom. And she can ask about her father’s identity.

 

 

Her halmeoni weren't able to finish telling her about her dad before she died.

 

 

And she needs to find out. She needs to find out everything.

 

 

And she will not be able to find all the answers in this apartment.

 

 

 

[DING DONG!]

 

 

 

 

Dara grabbed her bag and blew the hair that fell on her face away.

 

 

''Fighting, Darong!'' she told herself as she pumped her fist in the air.

 

 

 

She then took the lunchbox on the table which she prepared earlier with a note.

 

 

She marched towards the door and opened it but it wasn't the driver.

 

 

 

''Good morni---''

 

 

 

Jiyong's mouth went agape when he saw Dara in a casual dress. He tilted his head and furrowed his brows further examining what she's wearing.

 

 

She's beautiful.

 

 

 

Dara had to blink several times to make sure she's seeing this person this very early in the morning.

 

 

 

 

''W-w-where... a-a-re you???''  Jiyong stammered with his words.

 

 

 

''T-t-to work.''  Dara said,  as if already knowing his question, as she looked down. ''I... I'm going to...''

 

 

 

 

''You can't possibly wear that!''  Jiyong pushed her inside without any word.

 

 

 

''Y-y-ah!''  Dara snapped.  ''This! This is what they usually like me to wear.''

 

 

 

''They like you to wear? Go change! I don't like it.''

 

 

''N-n-no! And... And... And... what should I care about your opinion, anyway?'' she said as she stepped away from him.

 

 

 

''You're... Yo-... This... Aisht!!!'' he wasn't able to form an appropriate word while pointing at her.

 

 

 

 

 ''You're gonna catch cold! Right! I-i'ts... It's cold outside.'' he finally managed to say, trying to calm her by softening his own voice.

 

 

 

 

Dara thought for a moment.

 

 

 

 

''Then I'll just...'' Dara eyed him from head to toe as if judging his words. She then put the lunchbox and her bag on the table and dashed to her room.

 

 

 

 

''Aisht... that... That... Aisht!'' he helplessly exclaimed but the lunchbox with a note caught his attention.

 

 

Slowly, he took it and read the note.

 

 

 

“Kamsahamnida.... Good morning.''

 

 

 

 

''This must be for me.'' he thought as a smile automatically crept his face.

 

 

 

 

He was startled when he heard the door open. In panic, he put the lunchbox in place and turned around just in time to face her with a blank expression.

 

 

 

''H-h-ow about this...'' she asked shyly.

 

 

 

She's now wearing a white casual shirt paired with denim pants. He saw she was holding a jacket by her left arm.

 

 

Jiyong cleared his throat.

 

 

''T-t-hat's better.'' he said

 

 

''Wh-why are you here this early by the way? she asked him.

 

 

''Ahh... I... I...''

 

 

Why was he here again?

 

Seungri went home earlier and slumped himself on the couch cursing and whining about something Jiyong couldn't understand.

Annoyed by the maknae's noise and the thought of Dara haunting him the whole night, he decided to just quit his pursuit  of sleep and immediately took a bath and decided he'd go check on her.

Well for some reasons he just wanna make sure she's okay after last night's events.

 

 

''I... I... I wanna see…” he thought for a moment. He can’t say he wanted to see her if he seriously doesn’t wanna scare her away!

 

 

“I wanna see… Dadoong! Right!''

 

 

Dara furrowed her brows.

 

 

''Dadoong?''

 

 

''Neh... Dadoong. I kinda missed him, Hehe. But... But you're going out right? Might as well visit him next...---''

 

 

''Oh that... He's right there in his tent. But... If you really wanted to see him, I can leave him to you and just get him when I come back.'' Dara smiled. It's nice to know someone likes Dadoong too.

 

 

''NOOO!!! I mean ... No... I...'' Jiyong felt helpless with his lame excuse.

 

 

''No?''

 

 

''NO WORRIES! ()... ''I'M WILLING TO TAKE GOOD CARE OF HIM WHILE YOU'RE GONE.'' he said.

 

 

''Oh... That's so nice of you Jiyong.'' Dara said before going to the cat's tent.

 

 

Jiyong hit his forehead, but made a mental note: get close to the cat, get closer to ahjumma.

 

 

Dara came back with the cat in her arm and and a basketful of stuff. Dadoong's stuff.

 

 

''So his food is here as well as his toys and...

 

 

 

[DING DONG!]

 

 

 

''Omo... I think I have to go...''  Dara said

 

 

''Here you go Dadoongie.. Be a good boy neh?'' she said as she gave the cat to Jiyong. Dara was still holding the basket.

 

 

He couldn't help but throw deathly glares to the cat.

 

 

Dara then picked up her bag and was about to go out when...

 

 

''Yah...''

 

 

''Neh?''

 

 

''Aren't you forgetting something?'' Jiyong asked her. He was thinking of the lunchbox behind him.

 

 

Dara furrowed her brows and thought for a moment...

 

''I mean... when you go out, it's always better to check around if you left something or if y-you already have everything you need.''

 

 

 

Dara looked around.

 

 

 

''Ah, n-n-eh, thank you for that. I almost forgot this... '' she said and took the lunchbox.

 

 

Jiyong could just follow the lunchbox with his gaze.

 

She didn't give it to him.

 

She.

Didn't.

Give.

It.

To.

Him.

 

 

 

''Ppali... Let's go...'' she told Jiyong who was trailing behind her, sulking and pouting.

 

 

 

''Aisht... I thought it was mine. Hmp!'' he twitched his lips behind her.

 

 

''Good morning Dara-ssi. Bom-ssii asked me to drive for you.'' the ahjussi bowed at Dara.

 

 

''Annyeong ahjussi.'' Dara bowed at him and smiled.

 

 

''I'll just wait for you downstairs.'' the driver then bowed again before leaving.

 

 

 

 

Dara locked her door and started walking until she was already in front of Jiyong's apartment. She then gave Dadoong's stuff to him.

 

 

''Yah Dadoongie! You behave okay? Be a good boy to Jiyong Ahjussi'' she said.

 

 

''Yah! I'm not an ahjussi!''

 

 

Dara cleared . ''Sorry... I mean... Be good to your Jiyong-hyung, arasso? Omma will come back later to fetch you.'' Dara talked to the cat as if it's human she was talking to.

 

 

''Omma???'' he thought.

 

 

 

Jiyong's eyes widened when he saw Dara leaning foreward.

 

 

 

Did..... Did....

 

 

Did she just kiss the cat?

 

 

 

 

The ing lucky cat?

 

 

 

 

 

''I'm going!''  Dara bowed at Jiyong.

 

 

''Pschhhht.'' Jiyong eyed the cat when Dara turned her back on him.

 

 

Face to face with the cat, Jiyong talked to it.

 

 

''You one lucky bastard! You make sure to be good or else---''

 

 

 

''Oh I forgot to---''

 

 

 

Jiyong froze when he heard Dara's voice.

 

 

He shut his eyes and cursed mentally.

 

 

She just caught him scowling at her cat.

 

 

He was just hoping she didn't hear him...

 

 

''W-w-what are you doing?''

 

 

 

''I... I'm curious! His eyes. I-i-t's every pretty.''

 

 

''Oh...'' Dara eyed him suspectingly.  ''A-a-a-nyway... I forgot to give you this.'' Dara then gave him the lunch box and bowed at him before running away.

 

 

Jiyong tried to keep up a poker face until she's gone. He then went inside their apartment and put the cat down as well as its stuff.

 

 

He grinned after reading the note once more.

 

 

''Happy morning, silly ahjumma.'' he said as he opened it and went to the kitchen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

''AAAAAAAAAAH! HYUUUUUUNG! THERE'S AN UGLY CAAAAAT!!! AAAAAH!!!''

 

 

Seungri screamed but Jiyong could just care less.

 

 

He happily digged in the best kimchi pancakes he has ever had.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

''Dara!''  Hwangssabu called her before she was able to get in the car.

 

 

''SSabunim! Good morning! Wow, you're in an office attire. Where are you going?''

 

 

''I... Ah... Hehehe...''  he didn't know how to share the news...

 

 

''That brat! I mean, Minzy...Aisht!''

 

''Why what happened?''

 

 

''She resigned already...''

 

 

''What?''

 

''Yes and she offered me the position. I was hesitant but...''

 

 

''You deserve it Ssabunim. But... Why did she resign?''

 

 

''That I didn't know either. But she said she'll be at DB & Co today.

 

 

Dara's mind went blurry.

 

Is she going to Japan with her parents?

Is she going to say goodbye to them that's why she went to DB & Co.?

 

 

''Oh God. Ssabunim. What if...'' Dara clamped .

 

''I gotta go Ssabunim!'' she said before bowing down and running back to the car.

 

 

''Wait!'' the man then ran to the guard station and when he came back, he was holding a bunch of white roses.

 

 

''This... Someone left this to the guard earlier...''

 

 

 

Dara took it and read the note.

 

 

''I'm sorry for my misbehaviour. I hope I can make it up to you.''

 

-- Kim Jaejoong

 

 

 

Dara opened only to close it again.

 

How did he know I live here? she asked herself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

''She got it? Good.'' Jaejoong smirked before ending the call.

 

 

 

''D-d-ad....'' he stood up immediately when Dong Won came in his office.

 

 

''YOU USELESS BASTARD!'' Dong Won punched him.

 

 

 

''You think I wouldn't know huh? You're always missing in our transactions because you always spend your nights at that bar!'' he then pulled his son by the lapel of his coat.

 

Jaejoong wiped the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter