Changes

Ahjumma Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

''We're here...''

 

 

 

 

 

''Bom? We're here.''

 

 

 

 

 

''Bom?'' TOP called for her for the nth time but still, the girl is still in a daze.

 

 

 

He looked away and rubbed his lips with his fingers.  He knew it.  Eversince Dara walked out of the party and treated her coldly, Bom acted like this. He just saw her a bit hopeful when Jiyong showed up.  Bom then started telling Jiyong everything that happened.  Not in a detailed way, but TOP was able to make sure he listened carefully with every bit of story he can absorb.

 

 

He looked back at the girl.

 

 

 

TOP sighed and loosened his tie up a bit before starting the engine once more.

 

 

 

He drove away with such speed it's impossible for Bom to ignore him this time.

 

 

 

''Y-y-ah...''

 

 

 

He heard him but he didn't even give her a glance.

 

 

''Seunghyun!'' she tried calling for his name once more.


 

 

''Yah!''

 

 

 

 

''Stop the car.''

 

 

 

TOP looked at her through his peripheral view and went back to the road.

 

 

 

''Stop the car! Now!''

 

 

 

''I'm not your chauffeur. And let me remind you, this is my car.''

 

 

 

 

 

''You!!!'' Bom glowered at him. ''Stop the goddamn car or I'm going to jump off!'' she warned.

 

 

''You can try... I wanna see you do that.''

 

 

 

''Yaaaaah!!!'' Bom hit his arm, making the car they were riding swerve a bit.

 

 

 

''!  Stop doing that if you don't wanna die!''  he scowled at her. ''If I were you, I'd just save my energy for later! Now sit back and just behave!''

 

 

 

 

Bom was stupefied for a while.

 

 

Did he just shout at her?

 

What’s gonna happen later?

 

 

She stopped whining for a while and looked out of the window.

 

She doesn’t wanna think anymore.

 

She's tired.

 

 

So damn tired.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

''Yoboseyo?''  Eunju cradled her phone in between her ear and shoulder as she fixed her clothes in the cabinet.

 

 

 

''I'm sorry it turned out this way. We never thought this would happen.''  the person on the other line said.

 

 

''I-it's okay, dear. We can't expect things to fall according to plans perfectly.''  Eunju closed the cabinet door and took held her phone with her two hands.  ''So... H-h-ow is she?'' she asked.

 

 

''The last thing I heard... She's already home. I am sorry for our very late notice. We should've told you before.''

 

 

 

''Ani... You told me just in time. Who would've thought of it? I came here to surprise everyone only to find myself the one surprised in the end?''  she chuckled bitterly.  ''Where's Teddy? Aigoo. He's been giving you so much of a hard time, isn't he?''

 

 

''He's not...'' the girl on the other line smiled.  ''I mean, I'd always be happy to help him. He's with harabeoji right now and he's trying to talk to him.''

 

 

''My appa... My heart sank when I saw his face. I was expecting he's gonna tell me already... But that child... I felt myself gaining strength when I saw that child...''  Eunju said as she tried to remember the events that almost shook her sanity.  ''Since when did you know about our family's dirty little secret, dear?''

 

 

''Teddy told me when... When I... I'm sorry! I just want to know more about your family. I just wanted to help Teddy lighten up his burden a bit.''

 

 

 

''Call me aunt, please... You're such a huge help...''  Eunju comforted the girl. ''You're a good person, I can see that. No wonder Teddy fell for you.''

 

 

 

''Well... It's still a secret but...''.

 

 

 

 

''It's a shame we just spent a little time together at the party. But thanks for meeting me up earlier to explain things to me.''  Eunju told her.

 

 

''You didn't know how happy I am right now... Thank you.''

 

 

 

 

''It was all Teddy's plan, a-aunt...''

 

 

''Oh how could I be more thankful? I gotta go... I need to get some rest and think things over. I still couldn't believe this is all happening.'' Eunju honestly said.

 

 

 

 

 

She put her phone down slowly, and the tears that she was holding back, as if by signal, all fell from her eyes.

 

 

 

''Appa... Why?'' she said as she gripped the fabric of her shirt across her chest tightly as if her breath depended on it.

 

 

''For almost 30 years... Why?'' she asked and slumped herself down the floor.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

''Harabeoji, listen to me. That was your chance!'', Teddy exclaimed at the old man.

 

 

 

''I know.''

 

 

''And now what? It's just going to get worse! Because you lied again! And don't even think about blaming Dara for not admitting the truth! She's probably just scared!''

 

 

''I'll try to talk to Eunju...''

 

 

''No! Stop saying you’ll try. Let’s do this.  Harabeoji, I'm tired of all these lies when we can easily make a move to correct everything.''

 

 

The old man stood in front of the glass wall and heaved a sigh a he shut his eyes close.

 

 

''I'm so tired, Teddy. Really tired. I trust you... This time, you tell me what to do.''

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

''W-w-here are we going? T-t-his isn't the way to our house.'' she said, with a shaky voice.

 

 

 

 

Still not getting any answer from him, Bom took a deep breath before closing her hands into fists and stared ahead.

 

 

 

''Stop the car.'' she told him but the guy went on as if he never heard her.

 

 

 

''I SAID STOP THE ING CAR!!!'' she yelled at him and this time, Top stepped on the break making the car stop with a screech.

 

 

 

 

''What is wrong with you! I asked you to drive me home what the----''

 

 

 

''We've been there, your majesty.'' he said in a mocking tone. ''...and I've been trying to burst your thought bubbles the whole time and you won't even budge.'' TOP said making Bom's mouth hang wide.

 

 

 

Top then stepped out of the car and went to her door and opened it. Without any word, he took Bom's hand and yanked her out of the car.

 

 

 

 

''Yaaaah!!! Where are we??? W-w-what are we doing here? What are you going to do to me???'' Bom looked around the area as she crossed and arm over her chest.

 

There, she saw an old, abandoned house with broken fences. She looked around and saw that they were a bit elevated from the city, they're probably just above a hill. It was dark, but some lamp posts are still working, giving them ample amount of brightness. '' W-w-hy are you giving me that look? W-w-hy did you take me here??? You're not planning to.. To... To me, do you?!''

 

 

 

Top eyed her from head to toe and smirked at her hilarious expression.

 

 

 

''Scared now? Look. Don't even think about it, Park Bom. Do I look like a ? Please! I love my life and I still wanna have my own family and I don't want Teddy and Se7en hyung to kill me.'' TOP said ser

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter